MATCH: vs Grimsby Town (A) 29.12.20

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The biggest question is whether Rowe is fit or not.  If not then going for Dearnley is the only other option, although it will limit us as there isn't really anyone available who can hold the ball up that well.  

Lawlor

Jombati

Clarke

Piergianni

CBJ

Ntambwe

McCalmont

Bahamboula

Keillor-Dunn

McAleny

Dearnley

It would certainly be a good counter attacking side.  Grimsby look like an absolute mess from the outside (which worries me when you take into account the Typical Latics factor) so we'll go into the game as favourites, I just hope they don't try to play like an away team and sit in to frustrate us.

The match against Grimsby is the first of two away games before we face Bournemouth at home in the FA Cup. It comes immediately after an abject display at BP against Harrogate. I fully expect to see a number of changes to the starting eleven as one or two look jaded and need to be rested/dropped.

Grant will miss the next three so it is vital that Rowe returns. According to Kewell, Danny is ‘close’ (and has been for a couple of weeks now) - I hope that there is nothing more to his recent absence than allowing him to fully recover.

I also think Dearnley should start alongside Rowe in a front two - McAleny to be brought on in the second half.

Then there is the midfield and the problems we have in finding a defensive midfielder... Ntambwe seems to be struggling at the moment and should be dropped to the bench. McCalmont is searching for consistency but may be our only option. And where is Diarra? Can he play this role? 

As for the attacking aspect, Bahamboula (definitely) and DKD seem to be our only options with Garrity, despite his profligacy when in possession, making up the four.

The defence. Both fullback positions are up for grabs in my opinion. I had thought CBJ was going to kick on but his recent performances have been way off the pace. Maybe Barnett to drop back? And neither Fage nor Jombati at right back have done well either but unless Hamer returns...

There is some better news on the injuries to Jameson and Badan but it may be to soon for them to start a game.

Grimsby are without a manager at the moment and their recent form is poor - this is a game we are favourites to win.

GRIMSBY fans, frustrated at the failure of owner John Fenty to agree on terms with the consortium led by Tom Shutes to take over the club, are vowing not to give a penny more to the club while Fenty remains at the helm. Fans have been paying £10 a game to watch on the IFollow platform, but many are no longer willing to do so.

https://thefishy.co.uk/story.php?id=8503765

21 minutes ago, Matt said:

Wow - what fans they have on their site - they wanted the manager sacked - they want their owner out - they want to disband the trust - the players are the worst in the league.

It would never happen on OWTB!! :peepwall:.............................................................in an ideal world.

Happy New Year Everyone.

9 hours ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

The biggest question is whether Rowe is fit or not.  If not then going for Dearnley is the only other option, although it will limit us as there isn't really anyone available who can hold the ball up that well.  

Lawlor

Jombati

Clarke

Piergianni

CBJ

Ntambwe

McCalmont

Bahamboula

Keillor-Dunn

McAleny

Dearnley

It would certainly be a good counter attacking side.  Grimsby look like an absolute mess from the outside (which worries me when you take into account the Typical Latics factor) so we'll go into the game as favourites, I just hope they don't try to play like an away team and sit in to frustrate us.

If Rowe isn't fit, that's probably the best side we can put out.

I'd like to see Bahamboula in the middle though, and DKD wide where he is less likely to get bullied off the ball.

2 minutes ago, JoeP said:

Sharp's last game as manager, wasn't it? 0-3 and a fan went and sat in the centre-circle..

That was the last time they beat us in the league. They beat us in the league cup a few months later at Blundell Park 5-0.

The fan sat in the centre circle earlier in the 96/97 game. A 3-3 draw with Ipswich...

3 hours ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

That was the last time they beat us in the league. They beat us in the league cup a few months later at Blundell Park 5-0.

The fan sat in the centre circle earlier in the 96/97 game. A 3-3 draw with Ipswich...

I'm sure we protested after the Grimsby defeat in front of the main stand.  If only we knew the shit we would of have had to put with since then 🙄

They were the days people actually showed their discontent, these days they just come on here and bitch.

25 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Dont know how to add it but we had nicky henry, craig Fleming, carl serrant , banger, Richardson, snowden, kelly in net, super ian ormondroyd, should have been winning games!

Not with Nicky Banger in the side....he couldn’t hit a cows arse with a banjo!!

Archived