MATCH: vs Forest Green Rovers (A) 02/01/21

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That whole thing was comically bad!

Feel sorry for all the players and staff who had to travel down for that.  And for Zak who misses out on the goal bonus.

Grateful that the ref called it off in the end, the team we had out in the 2nd half was the stuff of nightmares so I'm very glad I couldn't see any of it!

3 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

That whole thing was comically bad!

Feel sorry for all the players and staff who had to travel down for that.  And for Zak who misses out on the goal bonus.

Grateful that the ref called it off in the end, the team we had out in the 2nd half was the stuff of nightmares so I'm very glad I couldn't see any of it!

Yep.  Safe trip back to all..

19 minutes ago, L1onheartNew said:

For all of those confused by some of the commentary, we will be playing from the alternative left to right as you see it from the match pass.

I'm still laughing at this. How difficult is it to get 2 commentators who can speak the English language?

For what was played...

We seem to have gone backwards in the last 2.5 games.  It says a lot about Grimsby that we were better than them despite being really poor ourselves.  We were miles away from FGR in the first half.

Not sure what our budget will be like but we're at a crossroads in our season.  If we're able to strengthen without losing our good players then we could push towards the playoffs.  That said if the owners have to sell our key players to balance the books and we can't replace them, then we could easily still hurtle down the table.

This current squad will stay up because we have enough players who can produce moments of magic out of nothing to make up for our glaring flaws, but we simply don't have the strength in depth that will make us serious contenders for the playoffs.

12 minutes ago, hillside blue said:

Are both Garrity and Barnett's contracts up soon?

Garrity  only on loan and needs sending back - I’d love to know what Blackpool’s scouts were smoking when they signed that fraud

Barnett looked decent in his first few games but then again Garrity was great against Carlisle in the league cup too - 6 month contract bin him off - on signing from non league he tweeted words to the effect of “time to prove people wrong”

yeah well you haven’t mate 

7 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Barnett looked decent in his first few games

I don’t think he did and I said it at the time when people on here were saying he looked decent. Aimlessly running about doesn’t, and shouldn’t, earn the tag of as a decent player, just because they are young and cheap. 

Archived