MATCH: vs Forest Green Rovers (A) 02/01/21

16 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

I mentioned that the other day having watched the Class of 92 documentary and how much they loved the guy but just didn't think he was good enough to take Salford forward.... got shot down by someone due to the Gary Neville influence but sad to say Salford were spot on. 

Top bloke but probably National League level where he would be great for an Altincham or similar

Yeah Gary Neville was spot on, he's a decent Conference player but nothing more.

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Ritchierich said:

Yes, up

Think that's probably a fair assessment...

He's not good enough to start for an ambitious, promotion-chasing and financially-backed club like Salford. 

He is good enough to start for a bottom-half L2 team like us. 

1 hour ago, OneSizeFitz said:

Think that's probably a fair assessment...

He's not good enough to start for an ambitious, promotion-chasing and financially-backed club like Salford. 

He is good enough to start for a bottom-half L2 team like us. 

Well yes, that pretty much sums up our club in the past 10 years doesn't it! 

Yesterday, for the 30 or so minutes that we could actually see anything, the team as a whole were woeful. The playing surface and visibility were poor and the game should not have started; and It was apparent to me that our players simply were not happy to be out on that pitch.

Write off the game and concentrate on a week of doing the basics properly before we, undoubtedly, get knocked out of the cup by Bournemouth.

10 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Yesterday, for the 30 or so minutes that we could actually see anything, the team as a whole were woeful. The playing surface and visibility were poor and the game should not have started; and It was apparent to me that our players simply were not happy to be out on that pitch.

Write off the game and concentrate on a week of doing the basics properly before we, undoubtedly, get knocked out of the cup by Bournemouth.

I have the feeling one or two players have had their eyes focused on the Bournemouth game for some time.

Yesterday there were a couple of 50/50 balls and on occasions some of our lads seemed to hold back.

After listening to Kewell's comments yesterday he gave the impression that the game had been in doubt before the kick off, he also referred to playing football as being a job and therefore players should be prepared whatever the situation, perhaps some of our lads already had it in their minds that the game would be a none starter.

34 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

At this stage of the season we shouldn't be working on getting the basics right, that should be a given for a professional footballer. 

1 hour ago, hillside blue said:

I have the feeling one or two players have had their eyes focused on the Bournemouth game for some time.

Yesterday there were a couple of 50/50 balls and on occasions some of our lads seemed to hold back.

After listening to Kewell's comments yesterday he gave the impression that the game had been in doubt before the kick off, he also referred to playing football as being a job and therefore players should be prepared whatever the situation, perhaps some of our lads already had it in their minds that the game would be a none starter.

Totally. Harry also spoke of players needing to have that ‘desire’ to play - and that was clearly in short supply yesterday 👀

1 hour ago, hillside blue said:

Really?? We're playing Bournemouth at home, it's not exactly glamorous.

I think their hearts wasn't in because the conditions were terrible and they probably knew the game was going to get abandoned.      

One of our issues is we don't really have any "middling" professionals in the squad who put in a 6-7/10 every week, never really do anything special but are solid and don't make many errors, the kind of player we probably took for granted in League One. We have several players who are capable of creating something out of nothing, and several players who are just really, really poor unfortunately. 

10 minutes ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

One of our issues is we don't really have any "middling" professionals in the squad who put in a 6-7/10 every week, never really do anything special but are solid and don't make many errors, the kind of player we probably took for granted in League One. We have several players who are capable of creating something out of nothing, and several players who are just really, really poor unfortunately. 

I was going to say something similar.

I think this is what HK is referring to in TheBigDog's previous post.

Baxter looking for a new club. It would be like having Messi next to some of this lot......
Whether he would consider coming back or whether even AL would be prepared to fund it I would have him back in a heartbeat..........

YES or NO ?

23 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Baxter looking for a new club. It would be like having Messi next to some of this lot......
Whether he would consider coming back or whether even AL would be prepared to fund it I would have him back in a heartbeat..........

YES or NO ?

How many players returning to the club have been anywhere near as good second, or in this case third, time round ?

We're desperately short of a bit of class in midfield but the omens aren't good.

2 hours ago, oafc 123 said:

Really?? We're playing Bournemouth at home, it's not exactly glamorous.

I think their hearts wasn't in because the conditions were terrible and they probably knew the game was going to get abandoned.      

It is the FA cup and will receive a wider media coverage, obviously it will not be hitting the highs of Grimsby or Forest Green. 

Isn't the game being shown on BT?

Archived