MATCH: vs Bournemouth (A) FAC 3rd Round 09/01/21

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, disjointed said:

What about the bit in front of the main stand? 

Don't know about the main stand - I went for a kick about with the dog on my grass and the grass was frozen solid at 11.45am. It was abandoned after 2 minutes and he was 1 up!!

And no I didn't pick him up and hurt my back.

4 minutes ago, sjk2008 said:

0-5

Someone said they had a recurring dream Latics will win 3-0..

Quite feasible if  Bournemouth turn out kids and what we did to Liverpool and Wolves u23s.

8 minutes ago, Millibob said:

Don't know about the main stand - I went for a kick about with the dog on my grass and the grass was frozen solid at 11.45am. It was abandoned after 2 minutes and he was 1 up!!

And no I didn't pick him up and hurt my back.

We could do with a couple of yard dogs in the team now.

35 minutes ago, al_bro said:

If the game is postponed. Could there be a possibility that the rescheduled game is broadcast live on BBC iplayer I wonder?

Think even when rearranged, it will have to be BT6. Moving the game to Bournemouth seems pretty logical really...

• Matt changed the title to MATCH: vs Bournemouth (A) FAC 3rd Round 09/01/21

As I understand it the Football Association has directed the change in venue to ensure the fixture can still go ahead on Saturday. Both us and Bournemouth (why wouldn’t they?) agreed to the switch.

i fervently hope that the club agreed on the basis that the FA paid for any costs incurred by Latics in playing the tie away from home.

2 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

As I understand it the Football Association has directed the change in venue to ensure the fixture can still go ahead on Saturday. Both us and Bournemouth (why wouldn’t they?) agreed to the switch.

i fervently hope that the club agreed on the basis that the FA paid for any costs incurred by Latics in playing the tie away from home.

. . . or Bournemouth pay Latics the money they will save on travel costs?

This is a bit of a free hit isn't it?

Great if we win, but even with a 2nd string side they'll probably go into this game as favourites.

I'd give a few players a chance to prove themselves and go with more flair players rather than some of the limited but essential players for League Two.

Lawlor

Jombati

Clarke

Jameson

Badan

McCalmont

Whelan

Bahamboula

Rowe

McAleny

Dearnley

Piergianni and Ntambwe are the main two players who are type of players you need in League Two, but who's limitations are blindingly obvious higher up.  If Jameson is fit again I'd give him a go alongside Clarke.  Maybe Diarra could fit in there if he isn't.

I wouldn't be against giving Hamer another chance at right back but Jombati would edge it for me, again Diarra might be an option.  CBJ is our best option at left back but I believe he's injured?  If Badan's not fit enough then we might have to go with Barnett, but I'd be very hesitant after his performance at FGR (same with Fage at right back).

McCalmont and Whelan is a featherweight midfield (what's lighter than featherweight?) but they're probably our two midfielders with the best technique.  Ntambwe's physicality might be essential but even so his limitations are part of the reason why our midfield is poor, so we haven't got a lot to lose by trying something different.

In attack...fuck it, let's get our best four players on the pitch, take the game to them and have a bit of fun!

On 1/6/2021 at 4:38 PM, LaticMark said:

New study reveals that Latics are the biggest FA Cup giant killers of the last 25 years!!

Oldham Chronicle

When you consider how wretched we are in the league that's quite a record.

We an FA cup team!

Trouble is when we do have these big cup games our 12th man turns up. If this was in normal times and we had Bournemouth at home then a big crowd (well bigger than normal crowd) against a second team who themselves don't want the fixture congestion you would back us to win.

Archived