Jump to content

MATCH: vs Bournemouth (A) FAC 3rd Round 09/01/21


Recommended Posts

Outplayed by a good side in the second half. They went up a couple of gears.

Still, i think we played well first half and kept going in the second half. Now we can focus on the league.........

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I enjoyed the first half. We looked really compact and committed and the players were able to cope thanks to the strange lacklustre approach from Bournemouth. We should have been in front at half time

We need a leader to get hold of our midfield, and a leader in defence. The problem is our owner, Sporting Director Director don't like leader types anywhere near the first team.

Posted Images

Bringing Dearnley & McAleny was worth it and the right move but without a decent supply made absolutely no difference at all. 
I still think as well as a midfielder or two we need a proper CF. We just don’t enjoy enough possession in the attacking third!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Not upset. Did well today against what is a very good championship team with a good deal of prem players. Smith made a huge difference. 

 


 

Agreed Smith was terrific So much time and never wasted the ball

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Bringing Dearnley & McAleny was worth it and the right move but without a decent supply made absolutely no difference at all. 
I still think as well as a midfielder or two we need a proper CF. We just don’t enjoy enough possession in the attacking third!!

Couple of full backs and a competent centre midfielder have to be a priority though. Garrity is barely non-league standard and McAlmont goes missing far too often. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

When I  listen to the commentary Mc almont never gets a mention. At least Garritty gets involved, even though he seems to cause more problems for us than he does for the opposition. 

 

How many of us would have rather seen us play Bambi, Mc eleny and Dearnley, and had a right go at them?. 

 

I feared the worst as soon as I saw our starting line up.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I found the whole selection ridiculous.  No point sitting back with no forwards and expecting to do anything against a team so far up the leagues

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

In retrospect if we’d started with the 11 on the pitch at the end I think we’d have struggled to keep it to four. I’m happy with that performance, we raised our game and Bournemouth thought that they just needed to turn up!!

If we can play with the same intensity in the league we’ll have a great chance of a playoff place. A proper CF and a couple of competent midfielders in this month would definitely help the cause!!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Disappointing second half, we were right in it at H/T, but I suppose it was always on the cards. Bahamboula seemed to run out of gas and there was no-one else to provide the quality.

 

It would be nice to see the first half skill and commitment regularly from now to the end of the season but over 90 minutes. It's worrying that when Bahamboula fades no other player can take up the slack.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

Disappointing second half, we were right in it at H/T, but I suppose it was always on the cards. Bahamboula seemed to run out of gas and there was no-one else to provide the quality.

 

It would be nice to see the first half skill and commitment regularly from now to the end of the season but over 90 minutes. It's worrying that when Bahamboula fades no other player can take up the slack.

We need to figure out why he fades. He looks strong and fit enough. Or maybe it's the opposition who take him out of the game. Bournemouth put two on him second half, but the distribution to him was poor as well. McAlmont was practically none existent today. There two main goal scorers this season weren't even in the squad and they had a number of academy players playing. Had we managed to continue the first half form we would have had a chance. There change at half time put more pressure on Barnett and we resorted to the usual hoofs out of defence. We just need more accuracy from the midfield and we would have a great chance this season if  Mo can see it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

Unfortunately, he should be back in 2-3 weeks.

He is probably thinking the same about moaning fans. Oh but wait he has  not been here long enough to experience that yet!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, al_bro said:

We need to figure out why he fades. He looks strong and fit enough. Or maybe it's the opposition who take him out of the game. Bournemouth put two on him second half, but the distribution to him was poor as well. McAlmont was practically none existent today. There two main goal scorers this season weren't even in the squad and they had a number of academy players playing. Had we managed to continue the first half form we would have had a chance. There change at half time put more pressure on Barnett and we resorted to the usual hoofs out of defence. We just need more accuracy from the midfield and we would have a great chance this season if  Mo can see it.

Baha was upfront on his own for long periods and his game is all about running at defenders when the ball gets turned over.

Regardless of the result, that first half performance against top of the championship, would have been more than enough against anyone in league two.

We can force our way into the play offs without a doubt.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

Baha was upfront on his own for long periods and his game is all about running at defenders when the ball gets turned over.

Regardless of the result, that first half performance against top of the championship, would have been more than enough against anyone in league two.

We can force our way into the play offs without a doubt.

Unfortunately I don't think we have enough at the moment to get in to the play off positions, the recruitment in the next couple of weeks is vital if we want to achieve this. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, disjointed said:

Unfortunately I don't think we have enough at the moment to get in to the play off positions, the recruitment in the next couple of weeks is vital if we want to achieve this. 

If Clarkey and McCann were in this starting 11 we'd be top six right now

Fine margins but if the likes of Morecambe are in the mix, no reason we can't be.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, disjointed said:

I agree, it just needs a little more quality in a couple of positions for us to be competing at the upper end of the league. 

Without Baha we'd be bottom four, its clearly obvious he doesn't belong in this league.

It's been a good while since we had such a crowd pleaser at Oldham, from experience, they never tend to stay around long enough.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

 

It's been a good while since we had such a crowd pleaser at Oldham, from experience, they never tend to stay around long enough.

 

Jack Byrne? Which probably supports your point.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Matt unfeatured this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...