Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Mike Minay just confirmed we have switched the cup tie and is to be played in Bournemouth...

 

CONFIRMED: Oldham’s third round FA Cup tie against Bournemouth has been switched from Boundary Park to the Vitality Stadium. 

Concerns of Latics pitch, so switch helps game to go ahead. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We could play the last half hour against Forest Green on the way down..

Does anyone know what the situation is with hotels? 😊

Maybe I'm lacking in ambition, but after our awful start to the season and potential volatility of our owners (still could happen), mid-table and scoring a large amount of goals has exceeded my expect

7 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Mike Minay just confirmed we have switched the cup tie and is to be played in Bournemouth...

 

CONFIRMED: Oldham’s third round FA Cup tie against Bournemouth has been switched from Boundary Park to the Vitality Stadium. 

Concerns of Latics pitch, so switch helps game to go ahead. 

Another away win?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I take it with hotels being out of use the team are going to have to travel all the way to Bournemouth on the morning of the game....not ideal by any means!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

I take it with hotels being out of use the team are going to have to travel all the way to Bournemouth on the morning of the game....not ideal by any means!!

There is probably something in place for the 'Elite sport' to have access to accommodation.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, oafc1955 said:

I take it with hotels being out of use the team are going to have to travel all the way to Bournemouth on the morning of the game....not ideal by any means!!

Anybody can stay in a hotel if it is for work purposes and several other reasons

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, oafc1955 said:

I take it with hotels being out of use the team are going to have to travel all the way to Bournemouth on the morning of the game....not ideal by any means!!

 

We have stayed in hotels this season.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, oafc1955 said:

I take it with hotels being out of use the team are going to have to travel all the way to Bournemouth on the morning of the game....not ideal by any means!!

Hotels are open for work purposes - a lot have closed their restaurants though 

Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Wardie said:

There is probably something in place for the 'Elite sport' to have access to accommodation.

They’re open for everyone if it’s work related, some have closed out of choice 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, oafc1955 said:

I take it with hotels being out of use the team are going to have to travel all the way to Bournemouth on the morning of the game....not ideal by any means!!


Hotels aren’t out of use.  A few hotel chains emailed me in the last few days saying still open for essential work-based travel. 
 

edit. Apologies, I didn’t scroll down. I see this has been covered. 
 

 

Edited by kowenicki
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

I take it with hotels being out of use the team are going to have to travel all the way to Bournemouth on the morning of the game....not ideal by any means!!

Hotels are out of use???? Since when? Have you just decided to make this up?

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, al_bro said:

Surely HK cannot really believe this.

 

 "if anything it’s a real good opportunity for the lads to showcase their talent."

 

Certainly for Bahamboula it is, a great display will certainly attract the attention of Championship clubs, maybe even Bournemouth. I've known clubs sign players who have been outstanding against them.

John Keeley for us was one, unfortunately he never really showed much of that while here.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

 

Certainly for Bahamboula it is, a great display will certainly attract the attention of Championship clubs, maybe even Bournemouth. I've known clubs sign players who have been outstanding against them.

John Keeley for us was one, unfortunately he never really showed much of that while here.

Tom Eaves springs to mind.

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

 

Certainly for Bahamboula it is, a great display will certainly attract the attention of Championship clubs, maybe even Bournemouth. I've known clubs sign players who have been outstanding against them.

John Keeley for us was one, unfortunately he never really showed much of that while here.

I'm of the mind he'll of been watched already by a fair few and A.L will have finally achieved his ambition of spinning a decent profit on one of his own players.

He'll take the money and run, no doubts about that one.

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

I'm of the mind he'll of been watched already by a fair few and A.L will have finally achieved his ambition of spinning a decent profit on one of his own players.

He'll take the money and run, no doubts about that one.

Doubt we'll get much. When's his contract up?

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, peanuts2 said:

Just remembering the last time we reversed a fixture for bad weather V bastid rovers that ended well didnt it 

When was it? Was it the Boxing Day game in 1981 when we got dicked 3-0!

Remember going with all the lads in the family whilst the women sorted the dinner!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Londonboy said:

When was it? Was it the Boxing Day game in 1981 when we got dicked 3-0!

Remember going with all the lads in the family whilst the women sorted the dinner!

 

A proper Oldham winter that year and I was there to witness that awful performance and remember my dad saying in my ear 'our players look like they've had too much turkey'

It most certainly put a dampener on that Christmas.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...