Bournemouth away!

Mike Minay just confirmed we have switched the cup tie and is to be played in Bournemouth...

CONFIRMED: Oldham’s third round FA Cup tie against Bournemouth has been switched from Boundary Park to the Vitality Stadium. 

Concerns of Latics pitch, so switch helps game to go ahead. 

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Mike Minay just confirmed we have switched the cup tie and is to be played in Bournemouth...

CONFIRMED: Oldham’s third round FA Cup tie against Bournemouth has been switched from Boundary Park to the Vitality Stadium. 

Concerns of Latics pitch, so switch helps game to go ahead. 

Another away win?

9 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

I take it with hotels being out of use the team are going to have to travel all the way to Bournemouth on the morning of the game....not ideal by any means!!

There is probably something in place for the 'Elite sport' to have access to accommodation.

1 hour ago, oafc1955 said:

I take it with hotels being out of use the team are going to have to travel all the way to Bournemouth on the morning of the game....not ideal by any means!!

Anybody can stay in a hotel if it is for work purposes and several other reasons

We have stayed in hotels this season.

Hotels are open for work purposes - a lot have closed their restaurants though 

Hotels aren’t out of use.  A few hotel chains emailed me in the last few days saying still open for essential work-based travel. 

edit. Apologies, I didn’t scroll down. I see this has been covered. 

5 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

Hotels are out of use???? Since when? Have you just decided to make this up?

10 minutes ago, al_bro said:

Surely HK cannot really believe this.

"if anything it’s a real good opportunity for the lads to showcase their talent."

Certainly for Bahamboula it is, a great display will certainly attract the attention of Championship clubs, maybe even Bournemouth. I've known clubs sign players who have been outstanding against them.

John Keeley for us was one, unfortunately he never really showed much of that while here.

2 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Certainly for Bahamboula it is, a great display will certainly attract the attention of Championship clubs, maybe even Bournemouth. I've known clubs sign players who have been outstanding against them.

John Keeley for us was one, unfortunately he never really showed much of that while here.

Tom Eaves springs to mind.

30 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

I'm of the mind he'll of been watched already by a fair few and A.L will have finally achieved his ambition of spinning a decent profit on one of his own players.

He'll take the money and run, no doubts about that one.

35 minutes ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

I'm of the mind he'll of been watched already by a fair few and A.L will have finally achieved his ambition of spinning a decent profit on one of his own players.

He'll take the money and run, no doubts about that one.

Doubt we'll get much. When's his contract up?

20 hours ago, peanuts2 said:

Just remembering the last time we reversed a fixture for bad weather V bastid rovers that ended well didnt it 

When was it? Was it the Boxing Day game in 1981 when we got dicked 3-0!

Remember going with all the lads in the family whilst the women sorted the dinner!

13 hours ago, Londonboy said:

When was it? Was it the Boxing Day game in 1981 when we got dicked 3-0!

Remember going with all the lads in the family whilst the women sorted the dinner!

A proper Oldham winter that year and I was there to witness that awful performance and remember my dad saying in my ear 'our players look like they've had too much turkey'

It most certainly put a dampener on that Christmas.

Archived