Jump to content

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Sheep Foot said:

Such a pity a game lasts 90mins though


Well yeah. But to do that well against a team of that standard even further only 45 mins is good.  I can’t fathom anyone being miserable about the game today. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We could play the last half hour against Forest Green on the way down..

Does anyone know what the situation is with hotels? 😊

Maybe I'm lacking in ambition, but after our awful start to the season and potential volatility of our owners (still could happen), mid-table and scoring a large amount of goals has exceeded my expect

9 minutes ago, kowenicki said:


Well yeah. But to do that well against a team of that standard even further only 45 mins is good.  I can’t fathom anyone being miserable about the game today. 

Yes and no.....but 10 of the Bournemouth team picked to play in the win at Stoke last week , weren’t picked today. In essence we lost 4-1 to Bournemouth reserves. When you think of wins against Fulham Liverpool Forest and cup runs of the last 10 years it is miserable to think we shouldn’t be miserable about losing 4-1 to a championship reserve side?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sheep Foot said:

Yes and no.....but 10 of the Bournemouth team picked to play in the win at Stoke last week , weren’t picked today. In essence we lost 4-1 to Bournemouth reserves. When you think of wins against Fulham Liverpool Forest and cup runs of the last 10 years it is miserable to think we shouldn’t be miserable about losing 4-1 to a championship reserve side?

 

Most of those Bournemouth reserves would easily get into other Championshop teams, the scoreline was flattering and not a reflection on how well we played in the first half when we could have scored 3 ourselves.

It,'s not so much the defenders who are the problem, but the weak central midfield, we all know this, but will AL push the boat out and do something about it?

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

 

Most of those Bournemouth reserves would easily get into other Championshop teams, the scoreline was flattering and not a reflection on how well we played in the first half when we could have scored 3 ourselves.

It,'s not so much the defenders who are the problem, but the weak central midfield, we all know this, will AL push the boat out and do something about it?

You know your football. Can you explain to me how and why when King heads a goal from six yards Perigianni is behind our goalkeeper on the line. . Similarlly for the second goal he is a foot in front of the keeper .  It happens regularly . He retreats  consistently instead of addressing the source of the issues and tries to play keeper. In your opinion is  this not a systemic issue with his play and a major  contributing factor to our goals against column

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sheep Foot said:

You know your football. Can you explain to me how and why when King heads a goal from six yards Perigianni is behind our goalkeeper on the line. . Similarlly for the second goal he is a foot in front of the keeper .  It happens regularly . He retreats  consistently instead of addressing the source of the issues and tries to play keeper. In your opinion is  this not a systemic issue with his play and a major  contributing factor to our goals against column

 

Like a lot of keepers these days he doesn't come off his line or catch the ball.

He's not the best we have had, but not the worst by far.

In the first half Piergianni snuffed out King and it was  obvious the striker got a rocket from the manager at half time. In the 2nd he upped his game to a level we couldn't  cope with.

I find it's usually one or two higher class players like King and Brookes who make us realise just where we are, a middling second division club with little finance to bring in those players who can dominate, we have one in Bahamboula and the hope is a couple more can be found who will make a big difference.

Perhaps the link we have with Bournemouth through Surridge might find others like that, they certainly seem to have a young strong squad, many of whom won't be regulars this season and might be willing to let one or two come to us on loan.

 

 

Edited by BP1960
Link to post
Share on other sites

Well played Oldham today.

I'm never bothered about losing if we gave it our all.

If we can put our first half performance  into our remaining games and add a couple of other players then we will be in the play offs.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

 

Like a lot of keepers these days he doesn't come off his line or catch the ball.

He's not the best we have had, but not the worst by far.

In the first half Piergianni snuffed out King and it was  obvious the striker got a rocket from the manager at half time. In the 2nd he upped his game to a level we couldn't  cope with.

I find it's usually one or two higher class players like King and Brookes who make us realise just where we are, a middling second division club with little finance to bring in those players who can dominate, we have one in Bahamboula and the hope is a couple more can be found who will make a big difference.

Perhaps the link we have with Bournemouth through Surridge might find others like that, they certainly seem to have a young strong squad, many of whom won't be regulars this season and might be willing to let one or two come to us on loan.

 

 

Yes but I asked about  Perigianni and his continual finishing position being on top of the keeper trying to stop the shot not the source ......today. behind the keeper and ..a foot off the keeper ....and King scored twice and assisted one .either side of half time. . In your opinion Perigianni part of the problem or part of the solution to our goals against issue 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Sheep Foot said:

Yes but I asked about  Perigianni and his continual finishing position being on top of the keeper trying to stop the shot not the source ......today. behind the keeper and ..a foot off the keeper ....and King scored twice and assisted one .either side of half time. . In your opinion Perigianni part of the problem or part of the solution to our goals against issue 

 

Pidge was far more effective when he could just play his own game and support, he hasn't got the leadership qualities required to influence the young guns along side him.

Not his fault that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Sheep Foot said:

Yes but I asked about  Perigianni and his continual finishing position being on top of the keeper trying to stop the shot not the source ......today. behind the keeper and ..a foot off the keeper ....and King scored twice and assisted one .either side of half time. . In your opinion Perigianni part of the problem or part of the solution to our goals against issue 

 

 

No, its not Piergianni who is the problem, it's the poor midfield in front of him who can't tackle and constsantly give ball away. Replace Ntwambe, DKD and Garrity in particular with better players would make a big difference in taking pressure off the defence.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

Could we not have played this game at home today? Just feels like we given away a potential advantage for the sake of squeezing a match in.

Rochdale played at home

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, deyres42 said:

Could we not have played this game at home today? Just feels like we given away a potential advantage for the sake of squeezing a match in.

 

Or played it at somewhere nearby with undersoil heating. Make them travel...

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, dannyboy55555 said:

Exactly. I feel we caved in and gave them an easy option. 

Got the game played and out of the way, let's see if it has any bearing on results in the league or not?

Making a charge towards the play offs is the aim from here on in.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

Got the game played and out of the way, let's see if it has any bearing on results in the league or not?

Making a charge towards the play offs is the aim from here on in.

 

Why are we trying to get an important cup tie out of the way? If we've benefitted from it in some way then I think we should know about it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Why are we trying to get an important cup tie out of the way? If we've benefitted from it in some way then I think we should know about it.

With the way things are at this moment in time, a massive backlog of games, I see it as a blessing and the league is far more important all day long, only my opinion.

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Why are we trying to get an important cup tie out of the way? If we've benefitted from it in some way then I think we should know about it.

It'll be against FA rules to benefit financially from swapping venues but we may have had our travel expenses covered by Bournemouth.

Given the weather the match would probably not have been on  at Boundary Park and with our home form I doubt the result would have been different.

In the present situation it made sense to me to swap and avoid a fixture pile up. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

 

Making a charge towards the play offs is the aim from here on in.

 

Love to be proved wrong but it's a fantasy in my book

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bobledgersheart said:

It'll be against FA rules to benefit financially from swapping venues but we may have had our travel expenses covered by Bournemouth.

Given the weather the match would probably not have been on  at Boundary Park and with our home form I doubt the result would have been different.

In the present situation it made sense to me to swap and avoid a fixture pile up. 

Surely pitch would have been ok for today? Fixtures will get played regardless. Home form irrelevant in context of a cup tie for me, result may well have been the same but I find our willingness to give up home advantage puzzling given the potential rewards.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Surely pitch would have been ok for today? Fixtures will get played regardless. Home form irrelevant in context of a cup tie for me, result may well have been the same but I find our willingness to give up home advantage puzzling given the potential rewards.

Doubt Bournemouth would have agreed as they have a game on Tuesday

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

Defeatist and no point playing another game

End the season right now is it?

With teams below us improving I'd be more concerned about the other end of the table...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...