MATCH: v Mansfield Town (H) 13/01/21

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, Sheep Foot said:

MacAleny Dearnley Rowe ( Blackwood DKD Grant ) .......is somebody on their way if the above is correct 

Nah, all our strikers spend most of the game having a group hug in the dugout . But we rarely get to see them on the pitch.

Official site team news says that Rowe and CBJ are probably out and Badan, Jameson, Blackwood and Grant are definitely out.

With that in mind, I'd go for a similar formation to Saturday.

Lawlor

Diarra

Piergianni

Clarke

Hamer

Ntambwe

McCalmont

Barnett

DKD

Bahamboula

McAleny

It's quite defensive minded but it makes our weaker players (mainly Hamer and Barnett) less exposed and still gives us a big threat on the counter attack.

Midfield is where we need a new signing the most, but as far as out-and-out centre forwards go we only really have Rowe (and he isn't even an orthodox one at that), Grant is a make-do-and-mend option in that role so it'll be interesting to see who we're looking to get in.  If the new guy isn't in until Saturday I'd go with Bamboozler through the middle tomorrow as he looked comfortable there on Saturday.

I'd start DKD ahead of Dearnley.  DKD can do a lot of the running for the bulk of the game and suits the counter attack very well, Dearnley has been most effective coming off the bench for the last 20 or 25 minutes IMO.

It'll be a tough game as Clough seems to have got their underachieving squad going a bit, but we have it in us to win no question.

9 hours ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Official site team news says that Rowe and CBJ are probably out and Badan, Jameson, Blackwood and Grant are definitely out.

From the official site match preview:

Team News

In terms of selection, for the return to home since Boxing Day, Head Coach Harry Kewell is still waiting to see if Danny Rowe and Cameron Borthwick-Jackson are available to feature as they recover from recent injuries.

Defenders Andrea Badan and Kyle Jameson continue to be part of full training as they increase their fitness to become match ready.

George Blackwood is still a couple of weeks away after a setback in his recovery, whilst Bobby Grant serves the final game of his three-match suspension.

From Kewell’s pre-match interview:

“The extra 24 hours has obviously helped our preparation in terms of playing on Wednesday instead of Tuesday, it's allowed some of the injured players to get match ready.”

Injured players - he’s either speaking of Rowe & CBJ or Badan & Jameson (the latter pair were in the squad on Saturday). I’m hopeful that he is referring to the former pair as we do need them back and starting.

5 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

Didn't realise Badan was close to playing, l really like him. l also like what lve seen of Jameson.

I can remember him just passing it into touch when put under some slight pressure, and thats it

Archived