• pcassist changed the title to New Signing - Marcel Hilßner

Cov fan here, Signed him with great promise however was diagnosed with a lung condition during pre season. Asthma related. Been receiving treatment and has been active in our u23s and scored some great freekicks. Cracking left foot. Needs competitive league football so hopefully you guys will give it to him.

Anything respiratory is a concern in these days. I wouldn't want to minimize asthma but it isn't necessarily an impediment although Robins seems to say that is why he is a bit off the pace.

Wasn't Warhurst an asthmatic- didn't slow him down too much.

Just now, Longlostfan said:

Anything respiratory is a concern in these days. I wouldn't want to minimize asthma but it isn't necessarily an impediment although Robins seems to say that is why he is a bit off the pace.

As were Scholes and Beckham. Didn’t seem to affect their playing too much either..... 

9 minutes ago, Longlostfan said:

I seem to remember that Warhurst really struggled with his asthma whilst at Citeh, I don't know if that played a part in us getting such a Rolls Royce player for the price of a Robin reliant. 

17 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Looks better than what we have got, which is always the criteria..

Bobby Grant looked impressive on YouTube as well when we signed him, but he's not really been 'pulling up any plants'. That's not to say this guy will be no good, but a few clips on YouTube don't really mean much until we've seen him play.

23 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Looks better than what we have got, which is always the criteria..

Sounds like you've bought Ito modern scouting methods there, any professional footballer could cone up with a three minute highlight reel. 

8 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Sounds like you've bought Ito modern scouting methods there, any professional footballer could cone up with a three minute highlight reel. 

For your information I'm putting it on here for fans. I prefer to see them play live and never scouted using videos.

14 minutes ago, disjointed said:

How do you pronounce it, is it a 'b' or 's' or something totally different. 

It's a Eszett, or sharfes s and is basically a double s, pronounced as sz, if you can actually do that. I think we'll just call him Marc.

Just now, astottie said:

Isnt that 6 loanees now and we can only pick 5? Blackpool demanding Garrity back?

You can any number, but can only have 5 in a match day squad. If the second bit is a possibility, I'm not doing much over the next few days; I'm happy to give him a lift even though I've no plans to go to Blackpool ever again.

Just now, Bristolatic said:

You can any number, but can only have 5 in a match day squad. If the second bit is a possibility, I'm not doing much over the next few days; I'm happy to give him a lift even though I've no plans to go to Blackpool ever again.

The police will be on your case, stay local, stay safe, unless you are a footballer you can travel all over the country. 

1 minute ago, disjointed said:

The police will be on your case, stay local, stay safe, unless you are a footballer you can travel all over the country. 

OK, I'll stay here. He can make his own way there. The walk will do him good.