MATCH: vs Walsall (A) 16/01/21

22 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

From his post match comments yesterday it seems like Kewell’s patience is wearing thin with our inconsistency and inability to get motivated until we go a goal down.

Stat - Latics have conceded the first goal in 15 of our 23 league games this season. 

In all probability we're a lower mid table team, say two thirds of the way down the division. Not really surprising that we've conceded first in two thirds of the games

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, RobinsDuckEgg said:

Garrity put in some dangerous crosses yesterday, for a man totally incapable of reaching his man with a direct pass. If we're stuck with him, perhaps Kewell should be encouraging him to get wide and instead of trying to hit a man,  just get the ball across into a dangerous area? 

Which is what most teams at this level do, get it into the box and see if the defender "cocks up".

A decent cross and alert forwards following up will lead to plenty of goals in this division.

Looking for new ways to score is about as far away from what we actually need as you can get! Launching crosses into the box with a team that hardly ever wins a header is just another way of losing the ball, we do that way too much as it is already. Yes, lno you said 'decent cross' and not 'launch' but for that to work you need somebody with a 'decent cross' and our best would probably be Rowe which would mean looking for people like McAleny and Bahamboula. Next best be Barnett, he's on the bench. 

lf this whole idea is either spawned from one good Garrity ball or an actual concerted effort to find him a starting spot then lets put it back in its box already.

Big well done to Garitty on his third above average 30mins of the season 🙄.

Pass accuracy yesterday 67% thats pretty high for us, but still shit.

Didn't mean head high crosses which is obviously not on with our forwards, more low hard driven balls rather than just faff about on the periphery.

We seem to try to score "perfect" goals rather than play the percentages against bottom division defenders.  

My point is we haven't the forwards of stature to aim for so it's a bit of a waste trying to find them so just hit it low and hard a few times instead of attempting to find a 5'10" forward at the far post with a floated cross.

1 hour ago, JoeP said:

What was Rowe moaning about to KD after the goal yesterday?

I noticed that. I thought he was telling DKD that he had a pass on to someone else for a sitter rather than go for it himself. It was a bit odd though.

Danny Rowe is so fuckin good that he plays the game wearing socks, shinnys, boots, boxers, cycling shorts, shorts, vest*, under armour, shirt, gloves, deep heat and not a single person dares come on here and call him soft. Please stay Danny. Please.

Love him sending DKD back for the ball. DKD is like fuckinell sorry didnt think did l, l'd just bagged

Rowe is like mint, go get it then and DKD tbf puts in a decent jog 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Love that so much

*potential exaggeration

10 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

Danny Rowe is so fuckin good that he plays the game wearing socks, shinnys, boots, boxers, cycling shorts, shorts, vest*, under armour, shirt, gloves, deep heat and not a single person dares come on here and call him soft. Please stay Danny. Please.

Love him sending DKD back for the ball. DKD is like fuckinell sorry didnt think did l, l'd just bagged

Rowe is like mint, go get it then and DKD tbf puts in a decent jog 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Love that so much

*potential exaggeration

You know the roles...nobody is allowed to question anything St. Danny does or more to the point doesn’t do 

34 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

l think you mean rules but yeah long live the rules. Is it gay to be a bit gay for him? Not felt this way about anybody since Jack Byrne 😍

Doesnt matter whether it is or isn’t , you are 100%  entitled to whatever opinion you want.....just a pity the Thought Police on here don’t extend that luxury universally and find challenge so hard to cope with 

• Matt unfeatured this topic
On 1/18/2021 at 12:09 PM, Sheep Foot said:

Doesnt matter whether it is or isn’t , you are 100%  entitled to whatever opinion you want.....just a pity the Thought Police on here don’t extend that luxury universally and find challenge so hard to cope with 

Awww

On 1/18/2021 at 12:09 PM, Sheep Foot said:

That you change your user name so regularly might suggest that it is you who find challenge hard to cope with? Just a thought.

3 minutes ago, Sheep Foot said:

Not the case at all....would happily use other accounts if allowed. 

Fair enough. I withdraw my question, with apologies.

I've had the stuffing knocked out of me anyway with the news about Danny Rowe. I truly loathe the Lemsagams and what they have done to this club.

3 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

Fair enough. I withdraw my question, with apologies.

I've had the stuffing knocked out of me anyway with the news about Danny Rowe. I truly loathe the Lemsagams and what they have done to this club.

I am not a Danny Rowe fan ..only 19 league starts in 12 months , only scored 4 of our near 40 league goals this season and other well rehearsed arguments  etc etc ......but even to me it seems a strange decision to move on a fans favourite and talisman, who while not the player many think he is is, capable of show stopping moments and interventions.  The owners appear to learn nothing about building its fans base and generating a “ we are all on a journey together “ momentum 

Does he want a lift to Bradford? 😀

It smacks of lack of ambition. Realistically what are we getting for him? 50k? Is that even a months worth of wages? It's a drop in the ocean. People will say  cash in now, as to not lose him for nothing. If its 10 million yeah,not 50k. Mo prob thinks he doesnt score enough goals and that's why he shouldnt be in his job, hes not looking at the bigger picture. It's short sighted financially and lack of understanding of what he does on the pitch and even worse a lack of understanding of what the fans want. Why do they want him? He ripped them a new one ! There below us, there struggling. All the reasons we should be keeping him. They may as well sell bam and mac as well! 

41 minutes ago, latics22 said:

It smacks of lack of ambition. Realistically what are we getting for him? 50k? Is that even a months worth of wages? It's a drop in the ocean. People will say  cash in now, as to not lose him for nothing. If its 10 million yeah,not 50k. Mo prob thinks he doesnt score enough goals and that's why he shouldnt be in his job, hes not looking at the bigger picture. It's short sighted financially and lack of understanding of what he does on the pitch and even worse a lack of understanding of what the fans want. Why do they want him? He ripped them a new one ! There below us, there struggling. All the reasons we should be keeping him. They may as well sell bam and mac as well! 

Good God no

Bad enough losing Rowe, sell the other two in this window and we best be ready for the national league

Archived