The Boundary Park Alert System Podcast

So far we've recorded 17 regular episodes, with 3 bonus episodes.

14th Sept '20 Episode 1: Late on Orient

21st Sept '20 Episode 2: Tears for Fears

28th Sept '20 Episode 3: Mo Problems

5th Oct '20 Episode 4: Making a Point

9th Oct '20 Bonus Episode 1: Karl Evans Interview #1

12th Oct '20 Episode 5: Bottom of the League

16th Oct '20 Bonus Episode 2: Warning from the Orient

19th Oct '20 Episode 6: Bolton, Barry & the Barnsley Begbie

26th Oct '20 Episode 7: Has Anyone Seen Abdallah?

30th Oct '20 Bonus Episode 3: Fan Loyalty

2nd Nov '20 Episode 8: You only win Twice

9th Nov '20 Episode 9: Two wins & a Woof

16th Oct '20 Episode 10: One Carss & Eleven Passengers

23rd Nov '20 Episode 11: Minority Report

30th Nov '20 Episode 12: Rowe or Maradona?

7th Dec '20 Episode 13: Closer each day, Home & Away

14th Dec '20 Episode 14: Wham..Bam...Boula!

21st Dec '20 Episode 15 Part 1: Trust Oldham Interview

23rd Dec '20 Episode 15 Part 2: Trust Oldham Interview Discussion

4th Jan '21 Episode 16: Vegans in the Mist

11th Jan '21 Episode 17: We're concentrating on the League

Edited by Dublinoafc
  • Like 1

Featured Episode. 9th Oct '20 Bonus Episode 1: Karl Evans Interview #1

Karl Evans had recently joined OAFC as it's new CEO, following the departure of Natalie Atkinson just prior to the start of the season. Karl does come with an impressive CV and he'll need all of his experience of working with clubs like Manchester United and Liverpool, to the stricken Bury and football league new boys Harrogate Town, as he tries to bridge the ever widening gap between the club's owner and fans. Here's what he had to say on the challenges ahead...

Edited by Dublinoafc
  • Like 1

Featured Episode: 16th Oct '20 Episode 10: One Carss & Eleven Passengers

This week we were joined by former Latics midfielder Tony Carss. Tony played in the 2002/03 promotion pushing squad under Iain Dowie and he shares his thoughts on the current situation at Oldham, what it was like to play alongside John Sheridan and his unique relationship with Mick Wadsworth. Oh yeah and we also chat about the shambles against Scunthorpe.

• Like 1

Featured Episode: 14th Dec '20 Episode 14: Wham..Bam...Boula!

This week's episode featured a trip down memory lane with former Latics loanee Neil Kilkenny. Neil tells us about his double spell at Boundary Park and how much the town means to him after his time at the club.

On the pitch it was Bradford in the league this week and another 3 points on the board for Harry Kewell's men, as Latics fine run of form continues, this time with a much needed win at Boundary Park.  Fan favourite Dylan Bahamboula scored his first goal for the club and the win sets up a big week with the home game against Walsall on Tuesday and the away fixture at top of the table Newport on Saturday. As usual, we review and preview these games, this week with the help of Will & Adam from Push the Boundary and stat man Tomos Berry.

Edited by Dublinoafc
  • Like 1

Featured Episode

21st Dec '20 Episode 15 Part 1: Trust Oldham Interview

This week's edition is a two part special focusing on the role of Trust Oldham. Part 1 is an interview conducted with Trust Oldham Chair Jason Flynn and Vice Chair Paul Hughes,  In Part 2, which is out on Wednesday, we'll be reviewing the conversation and discussing what we feel the future role of the trust could be. 

23rd Dec '20 Episode 15 Part 2: Trust Oldham Interview Discussion

Following the Trust Oldham interview from part one, we discuss what the board members had to say about where the Trust is, what's it's plans are and what we consider might be the next best moves for the organisation. 

Edited by Dublinoafc
  • Like 1

Featured Episode: 11th Jan '21 Episode 17: We're concentrating on the League

As Latics said goodbye to the FA Cup from the South coast, we review what was, in the first half at least, a good performance from Oldham against a top Championship side. Plus giant killing credentials, our cup related OAFC PTSD and how we're currently accepting bids of over £5,000,000 for Moyo.

• Like 1

• Matt featured this topic
16 hours ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

I'm up to date with all of them. Really, really good listen Matt...

15 hours ago, ShireBlue said:

Listen in every week. Very enjoyable with some decent, level-headed contributors. Keep up the good work. 👍🏼

Thanks both. Really appreciate you listening and receiving your feedback.

We've got a 2nd interview with Karl Evans - 3 months after the 1st one - coming up next week. Its a must listen for everyone.

Please let your friends know about the pod and retweet/share across your social media platform(s) of choice.

Fingers crossed for 3 points this afternoon.

45 minutes ago, Dublinoafc said:

We've got a 2nd interview with Karl Evans - 3 months after the 1st one - coming up next week. Its a must listen for everyone.

Please let your friends know about the pod and retweet/share across your social media platform(s) of choice.

By all means use this site to promote your content, I'll do what I can from our twitter account too. If you need anything give me a shout.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Matt said:

By all means use this site to promote your content, I'll do what I can from our twitter account too. If you need anything give me a shout.

Thanks Matt. Really appreciate your support. 👊

8 hours ago, Dublinoafc said:

Wish I’d have known - would have asked if you could ask him to tell Roy to put his bloody phone on silent 

On 1/16/2021 at 10:04 PM, Chaddyexile84 said:

Wish I’d have known - would have asked if you could ask him to tell Roy to put his bloody phone on silent 

Subscribe to the pod and keep your eye our for news of future interviews and you can pose any question(s) you want.

• Matt unfeatured this topic
  • Matt pinned this topic
On 1/15/2021 at 7:38 PM, Dublinoafc said:

Evening Latics fans.

For those of you who neither frequent Twitter or Facebook, at the beginning on this season we launched The Boundary Park Alert System Podcast, hosted by me Matt Dean, with regular contributors and special guests too. The podcast is available weekly, from 7am every Monday and can be found in all your usual podcast locations;

Spotify http://is.gd/mS09wv

Apple http://is.gd/xbTgDQ

Google http://is.gd/Bak46X

YouTube http://is.gd/ge3YBo

An Oldham Athletic fan produced podcast, that gives voice to the long suffering Latics faithful. Controversy and uncertainty follow Oldham like a deranged stalker up Sheepfoot Lane and there's never a dull moment. Apart from during the actual football, obviously. Why not give us a listen & get in contact.

You can join in the conversation by emailing your messages, questions, rants and voice messages to bpalertsystem@gmail.com.

Follow the show on Twitter, Instagram & Facebook @oafcpodcast.

Listened to the full 2 hours with Karl. In brief my observations:

1) great podcast shining a light on critical issues and giving the club, supporters and groups an effective and well managed platform for debate.  Great means of feeding back to the club, as long as the quality on the guests is maintained at the current level. Beats social media shouting any day

2) Matt’s a great chair. Fair and balanced 

3) I can see that via various channels - the podcast, PTB and the Trust’s comms with the club (yes!) - the club is hearing some consistent messages from fans. For the large part i believe fans have started to reach a general consensus about the issues at the club that they perceive and, through these channels, have been able to articulate these issues on a consistent basis so the messages land. There may not be a consistent view on the solution (AL out at one end of the spectrum and a more pragmatic position at the other) but that’s perhaps another matter. 

However i think the increasingly common position fans are taking on what the issues are translates to a consistency in what the club is hearing from fans, especially now that more professional and formal routes for feeding back (PTB etc) exist. This is really important.

The absence of such a consensus (in defining the issues) and the absence of effective channels to communicate those issues to the club has been a real constraint to effective fan action in the  past - the corney regime being the best illustration of that where 50 per cent of the fan base didn’t even believe there were any issues. Corney was able to get away with stripping and managing the decline of the club as a result and was barely challenged. Our current owners aren’t smart enough to manage and manipulate our fans thankfully. 

4) I quite like Karl and have a lot of sympathy for the position he is in and what he has inherited. He’s on a hiding to nothing in many respects and I particular don’t envy him in trying to win over fans - and there are a large number of these - who will never offer any goodwill and just want to criticise. That’s a not uncommon trait of oldham fans. He is naive at times though and needs to understand the psyche of oldham fans and what damage nearly 30 years of decline has inflicted. He should set his expectations about what sort of response he gets accordingly. That said, he is within his rights to express disappointment that some of the good stuff falls on deaf ears. I think the criticism of the badge and kit stuff was a good example. He was clearly trying and didn’t do much wrong in the way he went about it in my view. Not sure why he got such a kick in for that to be honest.

Great work Matt 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Andy b said:

1) great podcast shining a light on critical issues and giving the club, supporters and groups an effective and well managed platform for debate.  Great means of feeding back to the club, as long as the quality on the guests is maintained at the current level. Beats social media shouting any day

Thanks for your kind words Andy. We are working on future guests at present and will bring you news of those as and when they are arranged. We also want to keep hearing from supporters and would like to invite some onto the show to supplement our regular contributors, especially where people have a difference of opinion. We think it important to hear as many views as possible.

Every episode has been a really good listen. Even when things have appeared to be “quiet” off the field you’ve never struggled to fill an episode and keep it interesting. It’s also really professionally put together. Fair play to Karl for coming on again. I wasn’t his biggest fan with some of his Twitter antics but it was good to see him give two hours of his time to chat to you and answer most of the questions. 

31 minutes ago, boshell4eng said:

Every episode has been a really good listen. Even when things have appeared to be “quiet” off the field you’ve never struggled to fill an episode and keep it interesting. It’s also really professionally put together. Fair play to Karl for coming on again. I wasn’t his biggest fan with some of his Twitter antics but it was good to see him give two hours of his time to chat to you and answer most of the questions. 

Thank you B4E, really appreciate your kind words. We've got plenty more lined up, so make sure you keep listening and like & share in your social media platform of choice.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, marhar said:

This is really good stuff, thanks for doing it, I think you're achieving your goal of balance, not aggressive but not backing off with important questions either. 

Thanks marhar. Appreciate you listening and taking the time to comment. We all want the club to be stable, secure and therefore able to compete. We're motivated by talking about the issues we face in an attempt to bring people together & find solutions.

We've loads more lined up. More interviews with people who directly or indirectly affect the club & more post match conversation amongst fans. I would encourage anybody who feels they have a point of view they don't believe has been aired or discussed on the pod to date, to get in touch. We want as many different opinions and voices to be heard as possible.

1 hour ago, BPAS said:

Thanks marhar. Appreciate you listening and taking the time to comment. We all want the club to be stable, secure and therefore able to compete. We're motivated by talking about the issues we face in an attempt to bring people together & find solutions.

We've loads more lined up. More interviews with people who directly or indirectly affect the club & more post match conversation amongst fans. I would encourage anybody who feels they have a point of view they don't believe has been aired or discussed on the pod to date, to get in touch. We want as many different opinions and voices to be heard as possible.

I guess over time you may have trouble finding people with different views.  How about inviting a 'realistic' fan...?   I'd genuinely like to hear where they are coming from.

• Like 5

I have only begun listening to this podcast this week and I have to say fantastic work, I was so out of touch with the goings on at the club as its difficult to follow not living in the area, I have listened to the latest three and now working from the start of the season every morning.

Tears do fears had me almost in tears with you mate the emotion and the feeling I remember having at that time and agreed exactly what you were saying at the time.

Keep up the good work

• Like 1

On 2/4/2021 at 9:43 AM, Dave_Og said:

I guess over time you may have trouble finding people with different views.  How about inviting a 'realistic' fan...?   I'd genuinely like to hear where they are coming from.

So would we Dave, the invitation is open to them......

18 hours ago, Lpool Latic said:

I have only begun listening to this podcast this week and I have to say fantastic work, I was so out of touch with the goings on at the club as its difficult to follow not living in the area, I have listened to the latest three and now working from the start of the season every morning.

Tears do fears had me almost in tears with you mate the emotion and the feeling I remember having at that time and agreed exactly what you were saying at the time.

Keep up the good work

Thanks for your kind words LL. We're hoping the ground we're covering - there is much more to come - will ignite a few flames and who knows where that will take us.....