The Boundary Park Alert System Podcast

15 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

Whose the next guest ? 

We've got 2 scheduled to take place shortly..... with 3 other invitations out with dates to be agreed. On occasion we'll announce who we're interviewing prior to the interview so supporters can pose their question, on other occasions you'll find out at 7am on a Monday.

But suffice to say, we're working to a plan and we have lot of people we want to talk to. We'll also keep to the structure of fan guests on some/alternate weeks too, so if any supporter who has a burning desire to share their views, especially if they believe their views to be different to those aired to date, we would encourage them to get in touch.

DM us on here, email us at bpalertsystem@gmail.com, or find us on on Twitter, Instagram & Facebook via @oafcpodcast.

• Like 1

Anyone seen Barry back to it in the latest PTB chat with Karl ? 

Uses a Company he is a director of to handle the hotel booking ect for away games. Hate the fact this prick benefits from our club in any capacity. He’s a bigger problem than AL and co. Karl had no idea about it. 

Barry we all know you read this, please piss off out the club you support. The impact of that would be far more beneficial than any impact you could have internally at the club. 

please get him on the pod

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Anyone seen Barry back to it in the latest PTB chat with Karl ? 

Uses a Company he is a director of to handle the hotel booking ect for away games. Hate the fact this prick benefits from our club in any capacity. He’s a bigger problem than AL and co. Karl had no idea about it. 

Barry we all know you read this, please piss off out the club you support. The impact of that would be far more beneficial than any impact you could have internally at the club. 

please get him on the pod

Bloody hell, talk about conflict of interest. Just sod off Barry you parasite.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/17/2021 at 8:27 AM, BPAS said:

We've got 2 scheduled to take place shortly..... with 3 other invitations out with dates to be agreed. On occasion we'll announce who we're interviewing prior to the interview so supporters can pose their question, on other occasions you'll find out at 7am on a Monday.

But suffice to say, we're working to a plan and we have lot of people we want to talk to. We'll also keep to the structure of fan guests on some/alternate weeks too, so if any supporter who has a burning desire to share their views, especially if they believe their views to be different to those aired to date, we would encourage them to get in touch.

DM us on here, email us at bpalertsystem@gmail.com, or find us on on Twitter, Instagram & Facebook via @oafcpodcast.

Is it asking the impossible to get Mo on?

8 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Yes - they’ve already reached out to the club,

Karl is on record to say he wouldn’t be keen after the Royton Cricket Club evening 

And whilst I’m not too sure on the French or Arabic for “get knotted” I’m fairly certain he would say it 

On 3/19/2021 at 10:30 AM, BP1960 said:

22 hours ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Yes - they’ve already reached out to the club,

Karl is on record to say he wouldn’t be keen after the Royton Cricket Club evening 

And whilst I’m not too sure on the French or Arabic for “get knotted” I’m fairly certain he would say it 

Never say never. We're working to a plan and we'd like to talk to lots of people including the owner & his brother.

• 1 month later...

Really good Podcast

Interesting that supporters hang on every word that explayers and exmanagers have said about the club owners but automatically dispel anything Barry Owen said 

Needs fully digesting but there are some gold nuggets in those 2hours

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/10/2021 at 10:00 AM, BP1960 said:

Some things in life just aren't possible.

We'd be very happy to invite Abdallah or Mohamed on. We'd even be prepared to field an interpreter if they'd prefer..... I don't think they're particularly keen though.....

Have you spoken with the FLG. It would be interesting to know their current views / state of play on the North Stand situation. Do they still have a desire to purchase the Stand and eventually, via a proposed share issue, the whole stadium?

What is the situation with 3rd party shares that they were offered some time ago?

A chat with Brooke, Wood & Whitehead could be interesting as the initial plans all seem to have petered out!

Perhaps you could use your influence to get them on a BPAS podcast?

• Like 1

On 6/24/2021 at 3:53 PM, oafc1955 said:

Have you spoken with the FLG. It would be interesting to know their current views / state of play on the North Stand situation. Do they still have a desire to purchase the Stand and eventually, via a proposed share issue, the whole stadium?

What is the situation with 3rd party shares that they were offered some time ago?

A chat with Brooke, Wood & Whitehead could be interesting as the initial plans all seem to have petered out!

FLG and the Trust both looking to buy the stadium. Just put your heads together and sort it as one .

On 6/24/2021 at 3:53 PM, oafc1955 said:

Yes, we've had contact and Simon Brooke has agreed to appear on the podcast, however we are yet to agree a date with him.

• 4 weeks later...
14 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

Great pod as per usual.

Can we get Karl on to ask him why he thinks it’s okay that with 2 weeks before the season starts people don’t have a clue about season tickets ? 

Karl has agreed to come on again, we're awaiting a confirmed date.

7 hours ago, BPAS said:

Karl has agreed to come on again, we're awaiting a confirmed date.

Great stuff. 

Don’t let him waffle on and serve up what we want to hear. Press him on why he seems to have done nothing since joining, and why the north stand is still shut. Also point out, somehow, we have gone backwards since he has joined. 

On 7/27/2021 at 7:33 PM, LightDN123 said:

Great stuff. 

Don’t let him waffle on and serve up what we want to hear. Press him on why he seems to have done nothing since joining, and why the north stand is still shut. Also point out, somehow, we have gone backwards since he has joined. 

And why is he obsessed with Twitter likes and what he thinks of the multiple accounts that all seem to be him or some dodgy bloke called Mick @BPAS

• 4 weeks later...

Great listen again chaps. Adult conversations about the issues and future effort to reclaim the faith. Thank you for sticking your necks out.

One takeaway. Yes press the club for change and bemoan the fact that it can’t do simple things right - Billy’s insights were enlightening and those things need airing to get all fans (especially those still sitting on the fence) to see the regime for what it is.

But do realise that the key reason for all of that is that the owner doesn’t give a shit about such things and never will. It’s disheartening to hear good people come up with good ideas which the owner is too stubborn and blinkered to listen to. He’s entrenched and is a lost cause.

The basic administration of the club will fall apart further without Barry around who am sure held a lot together to ensure it could open on a match day, pies were available, the electricity stayed on etc - the absolute basics. I foresee a time fairly soon when even that won’t happen.

We have to badger and appeal to AL as a tick box exercise and so he has got nowhere to go should he try and defend himself. But do so knowing that it won’t affect anything.

The real cause is much bigger than that.

Edited by Andy b

13 minutes ago, Andy b said:

Great listen again chaps. Adult conversations about the issues and future effort to reclaim the faith. Thank you for sticking your necks out.

One takeaway. Yes press the club for change and bemoan the fact that it can’t do simple things right - Billy’s insights were enlightening and those things need airing to get all fans (especially those still sitting on the fence) to see the regime for what it is.

But do realise that the key reason for all of that is that the owner doesn’t give a shit about such things and never will. It’s disheartening to hear good people come up with good ideas which the owner is too stubborn and blinkered to listen to. He’s entrenched and is a lost cause.

The basic administration of the club will fall apart further without Barry around who am sure held a lot together to ensure it could open on a match day, pies were available, the electricity stayed on etc - the absolute basics. I foresee a time fairly soon when even that won’t happen.

We have to badger and appeal to AL as a tick box exercise and so he has got nowhere to go should he try and defend himself. But do so knowing that it won’t affect anything.

The real cause is much bigger than that.

I'd first of all like to echo the thoughts on the podcast. Excellent as usual and great to hear from Billy who was excellent in his short time with us and showed what can be achieved with the right attitude and commitment. 

I loved Andy's passion and that feeling amongst the fans is what we need to harness now rather than a Barryesque attitude that this is the way it is and the owner is entrenched. Let's give him both barrels and see. 

This has been discussed ad nauseum and it's sad to see some splits and name calling. I wondered if we could develop an approach that utilises the fact that some fans are boycotting and some attending in a two pronged attack. Small sacrifices would be needed for both groups. 

There is a third group, possibly older fans, who may not use social media and probably aren't fully aware of the whole situation. Bringing these people up to speed may bring more weight to our opposition. 

Could we firstly pick a home game and get as many fans as possible to attend. Fill the main stand and get a vocal group concentrated in the Jimmy Frizzell stand. As many wearing clown outfits and masks as possible. Chanting non stop like we did at Fulham both supporting the team and letting Mo know what we think about him. I'm boycotting but I'd be prepared to make the sacrifice of buying a match ticket for that one game and I could bring plenty with me. 

For the next home game have as near to a complete boycott as possible with a demonstration outside the ground. I understand the reasons for fans attending but I don't think missing one match is a lot to ask. If we talk to the people around us at the first match and explain what is happening in the second, it may be better observed. For those who insist on going, then maybe ask that they go in late or walk out with 15 minutes to go. 

There is a cancer eating our club away from the inside we need to be the surgeons to cut it out. Be as vocal as possible, keep your money away from funding this disastrous vanity project and keep the fucking faith. 

• Like 2

• 7 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 7 months later...
On 8/24/2021 at 9:29 AM, Magic Mikey said:

I'd first of all like to echo the thoughts on the podcast. Excellent as usual and great to hear from Billy who was excellent in his short time with us and showed what can be achieved with the right attitude and commitment. 

I loved Andy's passion and that feeling amongst the fans is what we need to harness now rather than a Barryesque attitude that this is the way it is and the owner is entrenched. Let's give him both barrels and see. 

This has been discussed ad nauseum and it's sad to see some splits and name calling. I wondered if we could develop an approach that utilises the fact that some fans are boycotting and some attending in a two pronged attack. Small sacrifices would be needed for both groups. 

There is a third group, possibly older fans, who may not use social media and probably aren't fully aware of the whole situation. Bringing these people up to speed may bring more weight to our opposition. 

Could we firstly pick a home game and get as many fans as possible to attend. Fill the main stand and get a vocal group concentrated in the Jimmy Frizzell stand. As many wearing clown outfits and masks as possible. Chanting non stop like we did at Fulham both supporting the team and letting Mo know what we think about him. I'm boycotting but I'd be prepared to make the sacrifice of buying a match ticket for that one game and I could bring plenty with me. 

For the next home game have as near to a complete boycott as possible with a demonstration outside the ground. I understand the reasons for fans attending but I don't think missing one match is a lot to ask. If we talk to the people around us at the first match and explain what is happening in the second, it may be better observed. For those who insist on going, then maybe ask that they go in late or walk out with 15 minutes to go. 

There is a cancer eating our club away from the inside we need to be the surgeons to cut it out. Be as vocal as possible, keep your money away from funding this disastrous vanity project and keep the fucking faith. 

Edited by longtimeblue

not sayin lm a big fan of the show or owt, but lm starting to think that my head bein wide awake sayin 'mite aswell go make a brew have some breakfast by the time youve done that the pod be out' lm startin to think its not a coincidence.

btw, big fan of the show ✊🏻.