Is it a record.

We are half way through the and have already lost 9 at home .   Is that a record for the club?

Nobody, in the Premiership, nor Championship , league 1 and 2. Scottish Premiership, National league, and National league North and South have lost 9 at home this season. 

16 minutes ago, 100milesaway said:

We are half way through the and have already lost 9 at home .   Is that a record for the club?

Nobody, in the Premiership, nor Championship , league 1 and 2. Scottish Premiership, National league, and National league North and South have lost 9 at home this season. 

If it is a club record, I'd say it doesn't really stand in a season with no home fans admitted. 

14 minutes ago, Sheep Foot said:

100 years of evidence that crowds help teams do better at home than away

That’s note just a crowd issue though is it. 

Has there been a pattern of teams away and home points being more balanced this season than others? That might prove your point 

4 minutes ago, Andy b said:

Has there been a pattern of teams away and home points being more balanced this season than others? That might prove your point 

Do you seriously believe that the support of home fans doesn't affect what happens on the pitch?

7 minutes ago, Andy b said:

My impression is that that is the case ........but there must be some Sports Science student at Loughborough who could get himself 3 years funding to do a PhD researching home advantage in football 

3 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

Do you seriously believe that the support of home fans doesn't affect what happens on the pitch?

As a rule across the footballing pyramid, no.

However I struggle to believe that 3,000 home fans at BP, a significant number of which spend most of the time moaning and getting on players backs, has a positive material impact on the team. I’d say there is a strong case to be made that the impact is negative.

8 minutes ago, Andy b said:

As a rule across the footballing pyramid, no.

However I struggle to believe that 3,000 home fans at BP, a significant number of which spend most of the time moaning and getting on players backs, has a positive material impact on the team. I’d say there is a strong case to be made that the impact is negative.

Statistics say otherwise. I'll take that over your struggles with belief.

1 hour ago, 100milesaway said:

Joint worst home points total (after 12 games) for the past 40 years with the 15/16 season under Darren Kelly and David Dunn. That season still edges it though - 7 points after 14 games, before Shez started working his magic. Surely Kewell will get us some points over the next two games. Surely?

1 hour ago, 100milesaway said:

Since 2012/13 the most home games lost in a full season at home is 11 so I would think 9 at the half way point must be pretty close to a record!

Inevitably there are Prem seasons stats. Although the article is somewhat sensationalist, the fact is historically it has varied from 24% to 34%. Average 29%

Currently, updated from the article to yesterday, it is 39% 65 away wins out of 175 games

So a marginal, albeit significant high. But only 5% more than 2018/19.

It's interesting, and does seem to level the playing field somewhat, but it is still fairly even at 65 Home wins, 68 away.37% Home, 39% away wins.

A huge contrast to our form.

17% Home win, 55% away win

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8892587/With-AWAY-wins-home-Premier-League-record-broken-NINE-matchdays-spare.html

19 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

Since 2012/13 the most home games lost in a full season at home is 11 so I would think 9 at the half way point must be pretty close to a record!

As far as I can see we've lost 11 home league games in a season four times. 

1959/60 in fourth tier.

1998/99 in third tier.

2012/13 in third tier.

2015/16 in third tier.

Every chance of breaking new ground this season 😬

17 hours ago, another fan said:

Not a happy clapper or supporter of the current owner regime but the question I could ask is our away form a record? 

It is in my make up rightly or wrongly to always be positive although as Tics it is hard work

Hiya Another Fan. 

I think Latics record for away wins in a league season was 12 in 1973/74 (our promotion season from Division 3 to Division 2).

We went unbeaten away from home until March under Dowie in our play off campaign season 2002/03 but our end of season playing record away was W11 D10 L2 (points 43) but ultimately this was still insufficient to take us up to the Championship. We lost away at Crystal Palace in the 4th round of the League Cup in November of that season. 

Would gratefully settle for repeat of either away from home this season. 

Combination of our home and away form this season will I expect leave us lower midtable 

23 hours ago, unsworth blue said:

I think Latics record for away wins in a league season was 12 in 1973/74 (our promotion season from Division 3 to Division 2).

We went unbeaten away from home until March under Dowie in our play off campaign season 2002/03 but our end of season playing record away was W11 D10 L2 (points 43) but ultimately this was still insufficient to take us up to the Championship. We lost away at Crystal Palace in the 4th round of the League Cup in November of that season. 

Would gratefully settle for repeat of either away from home this season. 

Talking of Crystal Palace.

On 1/18/2021 at 9:22 PM, Worcester Owl said:

As far as I can see we've lost 11 home league games in a season four times. 

1959/60 in fourth tier.

1998/99 in third tier.

2012/13 in third tier.

2015/16 in third tier.

Every chance of breaking new ground this season 😬

The losingest club.

Archived