MATCH: vs Newport County (H) 23/01/21

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Flemboy said:

Hope Bam has made up with McEleny who looked none too happy with Kewell when going off the pitch.

Good win and Adams was superb motm.

I hope he has made up with him because its the last thing we need to piss off a player who's the target of another team

5 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Adams deserves plaudits for a great performance and him and Bahamboula are going to be great to watch down the right.  But Hilßner was MotM by a mile there.  Intense but took care of the ball in the middle, absolutely what we've been missing!

So far in January we've signed a "winger" who looks like a great holding midfielder, a "midfielder" who's a great right back and a forward in Barnes who looks like being a good winger.  I'm happy but definitely confused!

Grant played well but we still need another central striker in the squad, other than that I was really happy with that team and a lot of things seemed to work.

Hilßner, 100%. But by a whisker > Adams.

Should have scored more. Best performance in a while, need to keep Conor Mac so it was good to see him and Bam have a hug at the end but he has every right to be pissed.

Badan should make that LB spot his own, I don't think CBJ even likes playing football tbh. Adams & Bahamboula is the best right-hand side partnership in the division, easily. We'll be getting so many goals from those two now. 

This season has been more entertaining than the last 5 put together and we’re not there to see it!

anybody think they might continue to screen games for a tenner once fans are back in the ground. It’s been great watching the away games this season.

2 hours ago, archiecat said:

Putting his life savings on a Newport win i would think :D

2 hours ago, Barry Bosnian said:

Lawlor injured in the warm-up, Bilboe in. 3-0 Newport.

2 hours ago, Londonboy said:

Ours to lose now...and we probably will😬

1 hour ago, League one forever said:

Going down. 

1 hour ago, JoeP said:

I'm not sure I'd back our lot to win if they had another 2 sent off..

👍

36 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Beat Cheltenham and Salford and we are in with a chance of going up automatically.

This team won't even make the play offs, Adams looked a quality addition, just need another solid midfielder to play alongside Hillsner. As much as I am happy about the 3 points today the sending off changed the game. 

7 minutes ago, disjointed said:

This team won't even make the play offs, Adams looked a quality addition, just need another solid midfielder to play alongside Hillsner. As much as I am happy about the 3 points today the sending off changed the game. 

Be nice to put one over on Salford in the process and let Bam see what he won't be missing

22 minutes ago, disjointed said:

Obviously if we win the next two games to make it three on the bounce you would start to fancy us. That’s a circular argument. Having just won one game, turning that ‘run’ into winning three games is a long way off. 

And having won once since the turn of the year, the chances of us winning the next two are not great. 

we seem to have plateaued having been between 7 and 5 points off the play offs for the majority of the last two months 

23 minutes ago, Andy b said:

Obviously if we win the next two games to make it three on the bounce you would start to fancy us. That’s a circular argument. Having just won one game, turning that ‘run’ into winning three games is a long way off. 

And having won once since the turn of the year, the chances of us winning the next two are not great. 

we seem to have plateaued having been between 7 and 5 points off the play offs for the majority of the last two months 

Don't know about you but today might be a pivotal moment, winning at home against a top side we've already seen off on our travels and next up against a decent side we've turned over at home, who I feel we'd have a better chance of seeing off away, in our current form.

Time will tell but the signs are promising 

50 minutes ago, Andy b said:

And that's where I see us, plateauing between the top and the bottom, let's get to 50 points and see how many games are left. 

31 minutes ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

Don't know about you but today might be a pivotal moment, winning at home against a top side we've already seen off on our travels and next up against a decent side we've turned over at home, who I feel we'd have a better chance of seeing off away, in our current form.

Time will tell but the signs are promising 

The ten men would suggest to me that it isn’t a pivotal moment. Just can’t see this team achieving anything with that defence. It’s entertaining though

Archived