MATCH: vs Newport County (H) 23/01/21

Couldn't understand why Bamboozler took the pen, he's not as natural a finisher as McAleny.

It was at Kewell's insistence that he stepped forward and the only reason I can think is that some managers don't like the person who wins a pen taking it.

It's a decision that could have proved costly.

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

You forgot these from our resident ray of hope.

Yeah and a win has now switched peoples minds to a play off spot rather than the issues we have.

I stand by what I said and I’m sure it will come back around! Cheers 

39 minutes ago, Andy b said:

The ten men would suggest to me that it isn’t a pivotal moment. Just can’t see this team achieving anything with that defence. It’s entertaining though

Getting that all important home win to run alongside our excellent away form makes it pivotal as far as I'm concerned and against a top 3 team makes it that much sweeter.

On to cheltenham and time to kick jonnys rocks into oblivion 

Chew chew, all aboard!

2 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

I would still question Garrity, Jombati and DKD

For me it's harsh to include DKD in the same bracket as the other two as he's improved as the season has gone on and, while not a good passer, he's positive and direct when running with the ball.  Not to mention two good finishes in the last two games.

1 minute ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

For me it's harsh to include DKD in the same bracket as the other two as he's improved as the season has gone on and, while not a good passer, he's positive and direct when running with the ball.  Not to mention two good finishes in the last two games.

He’s impressive at finishing and can drive the ball forward agree. 

41 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Couldn't understand why Bamboozler took the pen, he's not as natural a finisher as McAleny.

It was at Kewell's insistence that he stepped forward and the only reason I can think is that some managers don't like the person who wins a pen taking it.

It's a decision that could have proved costly.

I assume Bahamoula is the designated penalty-taker, he's probably been smashing them in on the training ground. It's not unusual for a club to have someone designated to taking penalties.

17 minutes ago, Barry Bosnian said:

I assume Bahamoula is the designated penalty-taker, he's probably been smashing them in on the training ground. It's not unusual for a club to have someone designated to taking penalties.

Not sure whether Bamboozler was on the pitch when McAleny scored one earlier this season but it didn't look pre-planned to me today.

27 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Not sure whether Bamboozler was on the pitch when McAleny scored one earlier this season but it didn't look pre-planned to me today.

Hope Bam keeps his feet firmly on the ground

For me, McAleny and Grant in that order would take precedence, when it comes to pens 

57 minutes ago, GrahamHughes said:

Bamboozler scored our last pen,I presume that’s why he took this one.He more than likely won’t take the next if Mcaleny is on the pitch.

No disrespect to the main man but that's how I see it

Thankfully, todays miss didn't cost us and Kewell should make sure a line has been drawn under it.

If anyone knows the lad who does the post match interviews, please could they give him some tips.

1. Write the questions down without the phrase 'like I say' included.

2. Ask one question at a time.

3.Do not give personal opinion.

4.Hold the microphone near your mouth when asking the questions.

Thanks

Just on yesterday’s game, as much as I dislike Jombati at centre half and it’s a liability waiting to happen, it was refreshing to see him bring the ball out from the back rather than pump it long like Carl does. 

At home games when we have a bit more time on the ball and need composure. I could see Jombati starting home games and Carl away when we are under the cosh a bit more. Could be useful way forward ? 

1 hour ago, LightDN123 said:

Just on yesterday’s game, as much as I dislike Jombati at centre half and it’s a liability waiting to happen, it was refreshing to see him bring the ball out from the back rather than pump it long like Carl does. 

At home games when we have a bit more time on the ball and need composure. I could see Jombati starting home games and Carl away when we are under the cosh a bit more. Could be useful way forward ? 

He only brings it out when he has the space to do so but hoofs it (usually into touch) when under any sort of pressure. He's a bench warmer at best for me, if we want to progress we have to have better in our starting lineup!

4 hours ago, C.O.JONES said:

If anyone knows the lad who does the post match interviews, please could they give him some tips.

1. Write the questions down without the phrase 'like I say' included.

2. Ask one question at a time.

3.Do not give personal opinion.

4.Hold the microphone near your mouth when asking the questions.

Thanks

Glad you don’t do my annual appraisals at work. His interview skills need to be worked on for sure but I think he is a great commentator 

23 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

He only brings it out when he has the space to do so but hoofs it (usually into touch) when under any sort of pressure. He's a bench warmer at best for me, if we want to progress we have to have better in our starting lineup!

He's a RB for me. 

31 minutes ago, rossy52 said:

to C.O.JONES's post add  5. stop saying "i'm guessing" every other  phrase

by the way its Michael Brown head of communication and media ( i'm guessing |)

Tip 6, stop saying “obviously” . If it’s obvious it’s not worth asking the question! 

Archived