MATCH: vs Newport County (H) 23/01/21

5 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

Glad you don't do mine bc he wasn't questioning the commentary in the slightest 😂

There is a human trying to make a living on the receiving end of your comments. You might praise him, where it’s due, at the same time as offering some constructive criticism. 

Just try and be nice yeah. 

you do a good job Mikey

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Andy b said:

There is a human trying to make a living on the receiving end of your comments. You might praise him, where it’s due, at the same time as offering some constructive criticism. 

Just try and be nice yeah. 

you do a good job Mikey

What comments?

No, remember there is a human behind your comments so stop getting shit wrong.

Your intentions may have been good, but youve raced off somewhere with them and looked a bit silly.

Also, seeing as you compounded your mistake by making another, show me defending somebody not being nice..

6 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

No, remember there is a human behind your comments so stop getting shit wrong.

Your intentions may have been good, but youve raced off somewhere with them and looked a bit silly.

Also, seeing as you compounded your mistake by making another, show me defending somebody not being nice..

Chill out dude. Have a cup of green tea and stick something on the tv. 

8 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

😂😂😂😂😂

l'm chill. Some guy started on me for no reason online, just thought l'd try n teach him to follow his own advice.

Hang on, he's done it again. Hope he learns 👍🏻.

Great advice. You are quite the guru. 

Just now, Oldham82 said:

Win our next 4 on trot play offs could happen, easier said than done though, keep Adam's as captain 

Win 4 on the trot and auto is a possibility.

I doubt we’ll win 4 on the trot and we wouldn’t need to for play offs to remain a possibility. 

3 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Do that and automatic could happen as many up there are wavering.

I recall that we won four games on the bounce once when we won div 2. Not known us to do it since in the league, though am sure someone can point me to a rare occasion it has. Obviously if out of nowhere and against all the odds we can win four on the bounce then we would be promotion candidates.

9 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Win 4 on the trot and auto is a possibility.

I doubt we’ll win 4 on the trot and we wouldn’t need to for play offs to remain a possibility. 

If we lose the next game everyone will be looking at the bottom two and calculating how many points we need to stay up, and saying we can't make the play-offs. Typical football fans mentality 😂

2 hours ago, steveecky said:

Tip 6, stop saying “obviously” . If it’s obvious it’s not worth asking the question! 

“ Obviously   there was   dispute  between MacAleny and Bamboula over who should take the penalty. Why did that happen? “.  Ok?

27 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

We have beat 10 men Newport. We ain’t winning 4 on the bounce. Some difficult games coming up. I’d take 3 points out the next two. 

We are a bit of an enigma though... our record in the 4 games we’ve played against the top 4 teams is second to none.  We are clearly and evidentially more capable than a lot of our fans think. 

Table

GP Pts Home Away h2h
1 Cambridge Utd 25 42 13 Mar 1 - 2 compare
2 Forest Green 24 41 8 May 2 Jan compare
3 Newport 23 40 3 - 2 2 - 4 compare
4 Carlisle Utd 21 39 1 - 1 27 Feb

We’ve also taken 16 points from our 8 games against top 8 sides.

14 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

We are a bit of an enigma though... our record in the 4 games we’ve played against the top 4 teams is second to none.  We are clearly and evidentially more capable than a lot of our fans think. 

Table

GP Pts Home Away h2h

Hopefully we can carry on winning. Now we have some better players on the ball, still need a few more. Hopefully we can break down the lesser teams. 

40 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Table

GP Pts Home Away h2h

For enigma, read "shit at times". 

1 hour ago, Andy b said:

I recall that we won four games on the bounce once when we won div 2. Not known us to do it since in the league, though am sure someone can point me to a rare occasion it has. Obviously if out of nowhere and against all the odds we can win four on the bounce then we would be promotion candidates.

5 on the bounce under Shez in 2008:

26/4/08 - Cheltenham H W 2-1
3/5/08 - Crewe A W 4-1
9/8/08 - Millwall H W 4-3
16/8/08 - Leeds A W 2-0
23/8/08 - Cheltenham H W 4-0

He also managed us to 5 and 4 on the bounce in 06/07 between Oct and Jan (Brentford H, Cheltenham A, Bradford H, Hudds A, Crewe H, then Northampton H, Rotherham A, Gills A, Forest H).

Talbot managed it in 2004, Dowie managed 6 in 2002, Royle managed 5 in 1990, 1988, and 4 in 87, 86, 85, and 82. And Frix 4 in 81.

So not rare really :D

Archived