20 hours ago, Barry Bosnian said:

The lack of ambition has been present at the club for over 20 years now, other than a few years with Moore at the helm. I'm used to it now, Corney then ALMO, neither ever actually wanted to get to the Championship, it's just lip service.

There's only one regime that got us relegated very quickly to the bottom tier of professional football - and thereafter struggling within that terrible division with the worst squad we've had in living memory though isn;t there?

1 hour ago, wiseowl said:

There's only one regime that got us relegated very quickly to the bottom tier of professional football - and thereafter struggling within that terrible division with the worst squad we've had in living memory though isn;t there?

Yes, although we were flirting with it for years under Corney as well. It was inevitable that we would eventually drop from League One, given the regime were happy to finish 17th every year, and history is seemingly repeating itself in this division. If you aim for the play-offs and fall short then you might finish 10th, aim to stay up and fall short and, well we've seen the result of that haven't we.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Magic Mikey said:

Yes, he left me an open goal on disinterested / uninterested on another thread and now I'm done. 

..and you scored an own goal up there with Bobby Moore’s in front of the Chaddy and Donachies for Scotland 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/22/2021 at 3:25 PM, Barry Bosnian said:

Yes, although we were flirting with it for years under Corney as well. It was inevitable that we would eventually drop from League One, given the regime were happy to finish 17th every year, and history is seemingly repeating itself in this division. If you aim for the play-offs and fall short then you might finish 10th, aim to stay up and fall short and, well we've seen the result of that haven't we.

I wouldn't imagine the general idea of a new owner's immediate aspirations would be to get us relegated though, would you Barry? Surely, a new owner should have meant a cash injection, better players, improved facilities...... and some hope at last. Exactly the opposite to what has come to be. The club is, very sadly,dead on its feet.

1 hour ago, wiseowl said:

I wouldn't imagine the general idea of a new owner's immediate aspirations would be to get us relegated though, would you Barry? Surely, a new owner should have meant a cash injection, better players, improved facilities...... and some hope at last. Exactly the opposite to what has come to be. The club is, very sadly,dead on its feet.

I'm not defending AL, far from it. I said we've seen a lack of ambition at the club for 20 years, from both AL & Corney. Selling Rowe shows a complete  lack of ambition from AL, which was the point I was making.

• Like 1