Nicky Adams

• pcassist changed the title to Nicky Adams

You haven't heard of him? Really?

Not sure how he fits into our recruitment "strategy" but appears on paper to be a good signing - should add a bit of nous to our midfield (not hard) and hopefully help us keep the ball a bit better. Northampton captain, and played double digit number of games - wonder why they wanted rid?

His name was banded around as a potential great signing when Bury were going bust and got rid of all their top earners. I was in that bracket. 
At 34 now it doesn’t fit in with the AL philosophy, and the general crap treatment experienced pros have received under his ownership would be a concern. 
if his legs haven’t gone, it’s a good signing. 

19 minutes ago, daniel said:

His name was banded around as a potential great signing when Bury were going bust and got rid of all their top earners. I was in that bracket. 
At 34 now it doesn’t fit in with the AL philosophy, and the general crap treatment experienced pros have received under his ownership would be a concern. 
if his legs haven’t gone, it’s a good signing. 

Whenever I've seen him he looked a very quick player who could put a good cross in. Might gave slowed a little, but i think he will do well here.

1 hour ago, oafcmetty said:

You haven't heard of him? Really?

Not sure how he fits into our recruitment "strategy" but appears on paper to be a good signing - should add a bit of nous to our midfield (not hard) and hopefully help us keep the ball a bit better. Northampton captain, and played double digit number of games - wonder why they wanted rid?

To make way for Missilou?

1 hour ago, hollandspies said:

Maybe the philosophy is a changing...

Even Gary O’Donoghue can see we are crying our for some experience here and there.

Your giving them too much credit to say their is  philosophy their isn't one or a strategy it's just pot luck

That said I think this will be a good signing until he inevitably falls out with hierarchy.

10 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Still find it surprising that any player with credibility would join us on a permanent deal.  

He’s either desperate, or we pay relatively well. Which considering what they stumped up for Wheater isn’t beyond the realm of possibility. 

There are other factors, such as distance from home to place of work, which come into play. Wheater signed us partly because he didn’t have to move house.

Archived