Marcus Barnes

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Fervid said:

Some mouths on here said the same about big Bam when he signed, who the fuck is he where’s he from etc etc. Give the new lad a chance ffs, same old shit from some fans. 

For that reason I've held back abit but he's 24 years old and hes only managed 2 career goals (for Eastleigh) and he's a striker that has to be a concern.

Add into the fact the record of our esteemed sporting director, and the player he is replacing then you have to be abit worried.

56 minutes ago, League one forever said:

I don’t think it’s unfair to look at a players past and either be hopeful or pessimistic. He may score a few after not scoring in seven years. He might be shit. 

His record suggests the former, but time will tell. 

Exactly, if we signed an absolute belter I doubt there’d be people saying “come on people, calm it down he might be shit”

1 hour ago, PlayItLivo said:

People are allowed to be cynical of signings. We just sold Rowe, one of our better players for peanuts and this guy has played just 10 professional games of football, that's not a lot for a 24 year old. 

That’s 8 more league games at 24 than the 31 year old we signed last January ?

22 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Bit different goals tally though.

At 24 ( 2013/14) said player was playing in the National Conference for Lincoln City and scored 3 goals which was 3 more than he scored in 2014/15.season.......would you have signed him? 

3 minutes ago, Sheep Foot said:

At 24 ( 2013/14) said player was playing in the National Conference for Lincoln City and scored 3 goals which was 3 more than he scored in 2014/15.season.......would you have signed him? 

Remind me who we are talking about.

I thought it was Marcus Barnes and your bete noire. 

9 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Remind me who we are talking about.

I thought it was Marcus Barnes and your bete noire. 

I am talking about Barnes and a player who failed at Fleetwood Lincoln and Stockport before joining a Conference North team on the Lancashire coast.    To be fair I can understand from this board that you might have thought he had played for Bayern, Inter and Barca 

40 minutes ago, Sheep Foot said:

I am talking about Barnes and a player who failed at Fleetwood Lincoln and Stockport before joining a Conference North team on the Lancashire coast.    To be fair I can understand from this board that you might have thought he had played for Bayern, Inter and Barca 

Urko Vera played for Athletic Bilbao in 2011 and what a player he was.

"What is wrong with Urko Vera"

At the end of the day, regardless of the past this guy may be good or he may be shit, as was the case when Rowe signed. I guess we'll find out in the coming weeks.

He’s been at the club for weeks so I trust a decision to give him a contract is based on his performances in training. 
Why, especially in this current climate, would they sign a player just for the sake of it??

3 hours ago, Fervid said:

Some mouths on here said the same about big Bam when he signed, who the fuck is he where’s he from etc etc. Give the new lad a chance ffs, same old shit from some fans. 

I think the frustration is perhaps that we have been in terminal decline for years, are struggling to make any impression in the bottom tier and have just sold one of our better players and a proven goalscorer..... Bam is fabulous but do you honestly think he will be with us next season? 

We all support every player that plays for Latics but I think we all fear we know where this once great little club is heading

11 hours ago, Ritchierich said:

I think the frustration is perhaps that we have been in terminal decline for years, are struggling to make any impression in the bottom tier and have just sold one of our better players and a proven goalscorer..... Bam is fabulous but do you honestly think he will be with us next season? 

We all support every player that plays for Latics but I think we all fear we know where this once great little club is heading

This is where most are right now and none of us should make too many apologies for the direction it's taken our thoughts and words.

Like you, I fear the worst but hope that one day, it will turn and pride will be restored, both for the club and especially the fans.

Archived