BPAS PODCAST: 25th Jan '21 Episode 19: Rowe, Mo & who else will Go?

A busy week at BP, two new signings, Danny Rowe has departed and we won at home, doing the season double over high flying Newport County. There's plenty to talk about this week as Matt is joined by Adam & Ste from PTB and a pod debut for Paddy.

You can join in the conversation by emailing your messages, questions, rants and voice messages to bpalertsystem@gmail.com.

Follow the show on Twitter, Instagram & Facebook @oafcpodcast.

You can find out more about Push The Boundary by visiting them at www.pushtheboundary.co.uk and following on Twitter @PTB_OAFC

Title music is by Manchester DJ and producer Starion find out more at www.redlaserrecords.bandcamp.

Available in all your usual podcast locations; Spotify; Apple; Google & YouTube.

• Matt featured this topic
41 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Great listen, helped me through my Monday morning 

34 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

Cheers for having me on, Matt. Enjoyed it...

Thanks & you're welcome. We enjoyed having you on.

Interesting listen that.  Far superior to that horrible podcast we use to endure that was akin to matey fm.

The ownership of the stand is obviously going to rumble on.   Why would you pay £6m (!!??) to Blitz when there is no other buyer visible or likely?  You wouldn't... you'd hang on and hope for less.  (*that is assuming he has the funds to buy it of course).  However, he should hold his nose and sort out the relationship with OEC in the short term in knowledge that the OEC need that as much as he does.

1 hour ago, kowenicki said:

Interesting listen that.  Far superior to that horrible podcast we use to endure that was akin to matey fm.

The ownership of the stand is obviously going to rumble on.   Why would you pay £6m (!!??) to Blitz when there is no other buyer visible or likely?  You wouldn't... you'd hang on and hope for less.  (*that is assuming he has the funds to buy it of course).  However, he should hold his nose and sort out the relationship with OEC in the short term in knowledge that the OEC need that as much as he does.

Thanks Kowenicki. I don't know whether you've caught up on any previous episodes or not, but you might like this one from November where from about 36 minutes in, we delve into the role & legacy of Simon Blitz's involvement with the club:

21 hours ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

A very good listen lads, keep up the good work.  👍

37 minutes ago, C.O.JONES said:

A good listen lads well done, don't agree with the Macalmont opinion though but that's what opinions are about. Keep up the good work.

Thank you both. It is indeed C.O.JONES. That's what we want the podcast to be about, everyone is entitled to an opinion and to be heard.

42 minutes ago, BPAS said:

Thanks Kowenicki. I don't know whether you've caught up on any previous episodes or not, but you might like this one from November where from about 36 minutes in, we delve into the role & legacy of Simon Blitz's involvement with the club:

cheers. 

1 hour ago, BPAS said:

Just listened. Really good discussion. Andy is bang on about Blitz and his legacy.  The current ownership is HIS legacy. 

Make no mistake, our current predicament and our short/medium term future is massively down to Blitz. I’ve said it myself many times.

Unlike you Matt, I DO mostly blame Blitz for where we are. I think you said it’s fine because he “just wants to get back what he has put in”. This is personal wealth. It’s not a balance sheet. He might want it all back, but it ain’t happening.  

He’s totally unrealistic in his expectations and he is holding this club to ransom. The way a minority of fans, the OEC lads (FLG?) and others are prepared to turn a blind eye, support and even get in to bed with that man sickens me. 

As Andy said, nobody with any sense was buying the club plus the ground for the amounts talked about by Blitz. So here we are...

PTB always seem to come across well too when I hear them. 

Another good listen Matt. 

I don’t agree with your view that Mo operates as a ‘normal’ Sporting director. Or perhaps that we should look at him as such- ie in terms of accountability. One of the lads picked up on this, and said he’s never going to sack his brother and that’s the way I see it. For instance - what normal sporting director would be allowed to show no interest in the academy, or be able to be as hands on with the first team as Mo?? Sometimes the discussion is framed with a presumption that normal rules apply,  when beneath the veneer it’s clear we are still hostage to ALMO’s whim’s. Mo will never be sacked IMO, and recruitment of players and managers will continue to depend on which on which side of the bed the owners get out from. 

Another good listen

Quite an interesting point picked up by Stephen at the end was regarding comparing our recent history with that and the likes of Stockport County and Bury and Rochdale. Our memories seem to come from individual games rather than whole seasons. If you look at the last 20years even the likes of Bury Rochdale and Stockport who have had very modest Histories and clubs we should argue we are bigger than have celebrated atleast 2 promotions. So not just an individual big day out but a whole 8-9months of memorable days out. Plus an end of season pitch invasion which isn't just a load of bored adolescents but everyone on the pitch wanting to carry the players on the shoulders as they celebrate a successful season. Even a lap of honour where we all stop behind and applaud the players. I can't remember the last time I stopped behind for one of them.

You can argue this is probably one of the reasons why we have such a big and disproportionate away support compared to our home support, we also have the best record out of anyone when it comes to FA cup giant killings we love a big day out who doesn't but a promotion season would be season of progress and it would more likely be the start of something. Its not going to happen under this ownership obviously, The Lemsagams haven't the funds or the intelligence to make this happen. But it needs to happen even if its out of this division because the younger generation needs a season not just an individual a game they can look back on with fondness.

Some people have described this season as being entertaining on saturday we won 3-2 their was a man sent off and a penalty missed as individual game that might be the case that its entertaining but its no good winning 3-2 on saturday and losing 3-2 on tuesday you are just going to be going absolutely nowhere. What will get people really excited is not the odd individual game but progress over a sustained period of time.

4 hours ago, kowenicki said:

Why should he pay £6million to Blitz because the only way out of being the tenant here is if he buys the ground lock stock and Barrell. If Abdullah had 1 fucking brain cell he would have know this all along even before he bought the club. Blitz holds all the cards here he can just sit back and claim the rent for the next 10 years where else are we going to play? 

Even if we did own the ground we wouldn't go anywhere anyway as The Lemsagams haven't got the intelligence to make us successful.

Blitz is also a Dick btw I'm not defending him just to clarify.

4 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Why should he pay £6million to Blitz because the only way out of being the tenant here is if he buys the ground lock stock and Barrell. If Abdullah had 1 fucking brain cell he would have know this all along even before he bought the club. Blitz holds all the cards here he can just sit back and claim the rent for the next 10 years where else are we going to play? 

Even if we did own the ground we wouldn't go anywhere anyway as The Lemsagams haven't got the intelligence to make us successful.

Blitz is also a Dick btw I'm not defending him just to clarify.

I’m not sure you read my post properly. The penultimate paragraph was very clear.  Or perhaps it was too subtle? 

However, this current situation is down to Blitz greed first and foremost.

As for your first point. Nobody is paying £6m for an asset that isn’t worth anywhere near £6m. Unless they are an even bigger idiot than AL. Would you want that person in charge? 

15 hours ago, League one forever said:

Another good listen Matt. 

I don’t agree with your view that Mo operates as a ‘normal’ Sporting director..... what normal sporting director would be allowed to show no interest in the academy, or be able to be as hands on with the first team as Mo??

Thanks LOF. We don't disagree. Sometimes the anchor needs to take either a contrary tone or play devils advocate in order to elicit the debate we want on the pod. The point you raised above is one we are looking to explore in future episode(s).

2 hours ago, BPAS said:

Thanks LOF. We don't disagree. Sometimes the anchor needs to take either a contrary tone or play devils advocate in order to elicit the debate we want on the pod. The point you raised above is one we are looking to explore in future episode(s).

Yeah, fair comment. 

Obviously worked, because it piqued my interest. 👍🏻

3 hours ago, BPAS said:

Get Blitz on the POD ? Swear he did one a few months back. Could be worth getting him out again. 

Archived