MATCH: vs Cheltenham Town (A) 26/01/21

6 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Damning with faint praise but the best performance I've seen this season. Distinctly second best overall 

Definitely our best losing performance.  It was even until the Williams goal but they've shut us down really well since.

We've got the most talented players on the pitch (as well as the shittest of course).  But they give up a bit of individual talent for shape and discipline and as a result they look like a proper unit.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Emcee_Latic said:

As much as I think Adams and Hilssner are good additions to the squad, we've not addressed the centre midfield and centre defence problems.

we are doing the football manager thing

“need a cb need a cb need a cb.... oh look I can afford Harry Kane”

2 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

Hopes of automatic promotion gone then?

Play offs were a fantasy. You mentioned JKLatics earlier, I remember Mike Stott who ran it insisting that we would make the play offs in whatever year it was and that was fantasy as well 

6 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Definitely our best losing performance.  It was even until the Williams goal but they've shut us down really well since.

We've got the most talented players on the pitch (as well as the shittest of course).  But they give up a bit of individual talent for shape and discipline and as a result they look like a proper unit.

Story of our season, a few decent individuals doing enough to win a few games, but nowhere near good enough collectively to challenge. 

Can’t say I’m surprised  by that result we have got some players with some flair  but they were a better organised unit with two big no nonsense centre half’s compare those two to our centre half’s  and there is no comparison until we get to big shithose defenders  at centre half we won’t challenge  at the top end of the table 

Kewells fault tonight. They frustrated. Kewells tactics of putting someone at LB just because hes tall hurt our outlet. And for some reason kept trying that side. And against a team thats been nationally recognised as big players in the last week, we go long all game. Jameson wasn't at fault, adams gave it away and clarke was way out of position so jameson had to come over and cover. And i can't believe I'm going to say this... but garitty played well! Got stuck in and found black shirts and was one of few who tried running forwards. Really poor tactics tonight

1 hour ago, oafcmetty said:

Click any cell. Press and hold the Control (Ctrl) button on your keyboard. Press the down arrow on your keyboard - voila! You're now at the bottom of the sheet.

(if it's still loading, you might have to do the above twice. Still, quicker than me recoding the whole thing :chubb:)

I only access through mobile, but looks helpful if you’re on a desktop/laptop.

1 minute ago, Mayfield said:

Bilboe made a few good stops, looks like a solid keeper.

He made a few good stops, but "solid" is pushing it.

Bizarre punch on Saturday in the last minute, nearly dropped one into his own net tonight...

Might be decent if he calms his nerves..

1 minute ago, JoeP said:

He made a few good stops, but "solid" is pushing it.

Bizarre punch on Saturday in the last minute, nearly dropped one into his own net tonight...

Might be decent if he calms his nerves..

Is it true what they said on the commentary that he has to pass it to the centre backs because he can’t kick it far enough from a goal kick ? If so get bloody rid now, pointless. 

11 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Jombati is stealing a living!!

I don’t think that’s true. The back four have a problem with those in front of them not finding passing angles so in the end they go long and it gets picked off. Harry Clarke has the same problem, hits long crossfield balls with the same results.

Archived