Keillor-Dunn

For all the Keillor-Dunn critics, this is what Harry has to say.......

“He’s a huge talent. He’s getting there with his belief.

"He’s taken a few knocks but his ability is something I’ve only seen on a few players in my time.

“He’s just got to believe in what he’s capable of doing and if he believes in it he’ll be a fantastic player.”

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, oafc1955 said:

For all the Keillor-Dunn critics, this is what Harry has to say.......

“He’s a huge talent. He’s getting there with his belief.

"He’s taken a few knocks but his ability is something I’ve only seen on a few players in my time.

“He’s just got to believe in what he’s capable of doing and if he believes in it he’ll be a fantastic player.”

Walt Disney wished he'd Harry's imagination !

I'm sure DKD has improvement in him but am not as convinced as our manager seems to be, however he does look good when running at defenders and is a decent finisher.

Here's hoping Harry's proved right.

As one of his critics I have to say he's worked very hard to improve his game, looking stronger on the ball and improved his distribution of the ball.

I have a lot of time for players who put in the time and effort and at 23yo he could well  be a good asset.

3 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Not sure what baffles me more this or Barnett 

DKD and Barnett have potential to improve, both are working hard and this is what I think HLK means.

Borthwick Jackson is the one who concerns me, has ability but seems to be in a world of his own.

• Matt changed the title to Keillor-Dunn
7 minutes ago, League one forever said:

😂

We seem to have an alarming number of hidden gems. 

We have quite a few who shouldn't be written off, I put Whelan in that class as when he matures and gets stronger he will turn out to be a good player IMO.

4 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Harry’s played at the highest level so when he says...

his ability is something I’ve only seen on a few players in my time” 

I think. you have to sit up and take notice!!

Let's face it, the standard of L2 is poor to start with and he's proved his worth as far as I'm concerned.

Like BP, CBJ is the one I worry about most of the time, needs to start making better choices and do the basics right, has the ability as his past would suggest.

9 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Perhaps he is just trying to get a little bit more out of him by bulling him up. Whilst not believing what he is saying. 

21 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

He also said the performance against Morecambe was “excellent” 

25 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Let's not forget that Harry Kewell is prone to talking absolute nonsense...

2 minutes ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

Like BP, CBJ is the one I worry about most of the time, needs to start making better choices and do the basics right, has the ability as his past would suggest.

CB-J will be 24 years old next month. Latics is the sixth team he has played for.

His past suggests that he was a promising talent when he was younger but is struggling to accept that he cannot play at the highest level.

When he is on his game he looks a very good left sided player. His problem as I see it is that he often loses concentration and almost looks uninterested at times in what is going on around him. He has a naturally languid style which doesn’t help the perception of him not giving his all.

Saturday was a case in point and he was rightly subbed for Badan.

2 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

CB-J will be 24 years old next month. Latics is the sixth team he has played for.

His past suggests that he was a promising talent when he was younger but maybe is struggling to accept that he cannot play at the highest level.

When he is on his game he looks a very good left sided player. His problem as I see it is that he often loses concentration and almost looks uninterested at times in what is going on around him. He has a naturally languid style which doesn’t help the perception of him not giving his all.

40 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

His past suggests that he was a promising talent when he was younger but is struggling to accept that he cannot play at the highest level.

I get it and know full well, he most certainly wouldn't be at Latics if he had any kind of consistency to his game.

Just wish we could see more solidity from him and he'd be fine.

It's a matter of mental and physical toughness, decision making under pressure as well as natural skill/talent. Those who make it can do all above consistently.

Saw this when I was playing schoolboy games , and we had Andy Barlow and another excellent midfield player who was on city and then latterly latics books. One was consistent, t'other not so and only one got to play 1st team for Latics.

DKD is taking a lot of stick (rightly) for his early season performances which weren't even pub league standard at times. Credit to him, HK and the coaching staff. He could have let his head go when he was dropped after a few games but he has redoubled his efforts and he's starting to look a player imo.

Whelan is a tricky one, but I'd echo BP's thoughts, as given time on the ball he's a tidy player with bags of energy, which he showed against Bolton away. Sadly you don't get that time in league 2 against most teams. The centre of midfield is a war of attrition at times particularly over winter and when the pitches turn to bobbly dust bowls.

CBJ I like as he has an eye for a pass and a good cross on him. It's his defensive attributes that are letting him down and as others have said, his concentration. Possibly the games just too slow for him at lower league level? Thats perhaps were he needs to learn how to make it interesting for himself, starting moves off, triggering attacks etc. hopefully that comes with confidence and playing games.

Archived