• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Big Clyde 

Wasn't the criteria one season wonders?

Curtis Main 

7 hours ago, Ogdenwoodwhittle said:

Tony Hately in the 73/4 season, played a handful of loan games.

I thought he was an outright signing from Notts County rather than loanee

Either way it never seemed he was a big favourite with fans

Edit: Yes , he was a signing , cost £5000 . Five appearances including four as sub! 

Edited by LaticsPete

Even though he scored in the Posh game I have no recollection of David Worall playing for us at all.

Others, who played similar numbers or less I  recall more vividly like Matty Palmer or Kean Bryan or Simon Charlton.

Edited by singe

Ernie Cooksey. 37 appearances in 2003/4, and he moved up three leagues to play for us. He had one game the next season before Talbot let him go.

He was scouted by Iain Dowie's brother Bob, who also found us Fitz Hall and Wayne Andrews.

2 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

Ernie Cooksey. 37 appearances in 2003/4, and he moved up three leagues to play for us. He had one game the next season before Talbot let him go.

He was scouted by Iain Dowie's brother Bob, who also found us Fitz Hall and Wayne Andrews.

Talbot was also one of our worst managers but that's another thread!

11 minutes ago, tringerlatic42 said:

A player called Johnson came from Villa about 2014 or so played about 12 games and was dynamite- I saw his opening goal at Home to crawley  it was a gem. He is now at PNE

Played against us for Chesterfield I think ? The next game he played for us against Chesterfield. The stupidity of short term loans.

Great player 

20 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Given his status (including with me) it's remarkable how few games Jim Fryatt played for us 

He did score 42 goals in 81 games which probably adds to his legendary status. .He was my first Latics hero.

I also remember George Kinnell who played 12 games scoring 8 and then was sold to Sunderland. 

8 hours ago, LaticsPete said:

I thought he was an outright signing from Notts County rather than loanee

Either way it never seemed he was a big favourite with fans

Edit: Yes , he was a signing , cost £5000 . Five appearances including four as sub! 

Saw him come on as sub (can't remember who against) & he skyed his first touch miles over the bar from less than 6 yards!

1 hour ago, Wee Bobby said:

Daniel Johnson was signed on loan by the snake . Good player. Scored at Rochdale and run the game.

Him and Philiskirk were unplayable that game, seems like an age ago. 

Some names before my time but interesting reading about them.First loan signing I remember was probably Neil Adams who we subsequently signed.One more recent who stood out was Ripley the keeper,whatever happened to him he looked superb for us.