One season wonders

5 minutes ago, Summerdeep said:

Stainrod's replacement definitely seems to have been Roger Palmer. Stainrod played his last game for Latics at QPR on 15 November 1980, and Palmer made his debut for us in the very next match at home to Orient on 22 November. Stainrod signed for QPR on 21 November.

Alan Young established himself in the side in the second half of the 1974-75 season, and was sold to Leicester in July 1979.

Alan Young was Leicester City's record signing at that time.

I remember Youngie scoring a hat trick against them in the fa cup, I was stood in main stand paddock, and the Leicester fans decided to dismantle the Rochdale road end and gift it to us .

Was  it then spurs in the next round?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, Ogdenwoodwhittle said:

Alan Young was Leicester City's record signing at that time.

I remember Youngie scoring a hat trick against them in the fa cup, I was stood in main stand paddock, and the Leicester fans decided to dismantle the Rochdale road end and gift it to us .

Was  it then spurs in the next round?

The Rochdale Rd end terracing was a gift for visiting supporters, didn't Stretford FC fans throw lumps of it at us in 74. 

39 minutes ago, Ogdenwoodwhittle said:

Did Mick Fillery ever play a 1st team game, I did see him.play in the reserves, but he was injured soon after joining?

Late 70s, ex Chelsea if I recall?

I think he got injured on debut at Hull away. Might have been the match where Redders chipped the keeper from miles out. Huge away following giving the chubby keeper pelters. 

27 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

I think he got injured on debut at Hull away. Might have been the match where Redders chipped the keeper from miles out. Huge away following giving the chubby keeper pelters. 

I seem to recall he didn't last too long in that game. Good away day though. 

On 2/10/2021 at 5:16 PM, Littlemoor Lad said:

Always said, if we'd got Dave Bennett at the same time, that would have been stupendous 

Never knew he was a target at the time ? 

On 2/10/2021 at 5:16 PM, Littlemoor Lad said:

10 hours ago, Ogdenwoodwhittle said:

Did Mick Fillery ever play a 1st team game, I did see him.play in the reserves, but he was injured soon after joining?

Think he also came on as sub, away to Notts County, later on in the season. 

20 hours ago, Ogdenwoodwhittle said:

Played 2 league games for us in 1990/91.

Hull City away in October, a 2-2 draw (subbed off).

Notts county away, May 1991, lost 2-0, came on as sub.

Chelsea Player of the Year in 1982.

Archived