Jump to content

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, Summerdeep said:

Stainrod's replacement definitely seems to have been Roger Palmer. Stainrod played his last game for Latics at QPR on 15 November 1980, and Palmer made his debut for us in the very next match at home to Orient on 22 November. Stainrod signed for QPR on 21 November.

 

Alan Young established himself in the side in the second half of the 1974-75 season, and was sold to Leicester in July 1979.

Alan Young was Leicester City's record signing at that time.

 

I remember Youngie scoring a hat trick against them in the fa cup, I was stood in main stand paddock, and the Leicester fans decided to dismantle the Rochdale road end and gift it to us .

 

Was  it then spurs in the next round?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Big Clyde 

Wasn't the criteria one season wonders?

Curtis Main 

37 minutes ago, Ogdenwoodwhittle said:

Alan Young was Leicester City's record signing at that time.

 

I remember Youngie scoring a hat trick against them in the fa cup, I was stood in main stand paddock, and the Leicester fans decided to dismantle the Rochdale road end and gift it to us .

 

Was  it then spurs in the next round?

The Rochdale Rd end terracing was a gift for visiting supporters, didn't Stretford FC fans throw lumps of it at us in 74. 

Edited by disjointed
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, LaticsPete said:

Indeed - but he played eight matches plus one as sub....

Rocket Ronnie Jepson at grimsby if we playin by those rules. Festooned George on the railway bridge had a few beers on the beach as a kid and a 2-0 away win top day that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/14/2021 at 4:40 PM, LaticsPete said:

Indeed - but he played eight matches plus one as sub....

 

I  meant a superb debut Pete, then poor after.

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Ogdenwoodwhittle said:

Did Mick Fillery ever play a 1st team game, I did see him.play in the reserves, but he was injured soon after joining?

 

Late 70s, ex Chelsea if I recall?

I think he got injured on debut at Hull away. Might have been the match where Redders chipped the keeper from miles out. Huge away following giving the chubby keeper pelters. 

Edited by Magic Mikey
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

I think he got injured on debut at Hull away. Might have been the match where Redders chipped the keeper from miles out. Huge away following giving the chubby keeper pelters. 

I seem to recall he didn't last too long in that game. Good away day though. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/10/2021 at 5:16 PM, Littlemoor Lad said:

Always said, if we'd got Dave Bennett at the same time, that would have been stupendous 

 

Never knew he was a target at the time ? 

On 2/10/2021 at 5:16 PM, Littlemoor Lad said:

 

 

10 hours ago, Ogdenwoodwhittle said:

Did Mick Fillery ever play a 1st team game, I did see him.play in the reserves, but he was injured soon after joining?

 

Late 70s, ex Chelsea if I recall?


Think he also came on as sub, away to Notts County, later on in the season. 

Edited by Tangerine Dreams
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Ogdenwoodwhittle said:

Did Mick Fillery ever play a 1st team game, I did see him.play in the reserves, but he was injured soon after joining?

 

Late 70s, ex Chelsea if I recall?

Played 2 league games for us in 1990/91.

 

Hull City away in October, a 2-2 draw (subbed off).

 

Notts county away, May 1991, lost 2-0, came on as sub.

 

Chelsea Player of the Year in 1982.

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...