Goalscoring regulars.

9 hours ago, League one forever said:

Jamie Cureton. 

And he's still playing (or would be in normal circumstances) - he's player manager at Enfield.  He spent two years as player/assistant manager at my then local side and scored 47 in 80 (Ryman League) to be the division's leading scorer.  He is also a youth coach at Arsenal.

2 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

And he's still playing (or would be in normal circumstances) - he's player manager at Enfield.  He spent two years as player/assistant manager at my then local side and scored 47 in 80 (Ryman League) to be the division's leading scorer.  He is also a youth coach at Arsenal.

Saw him playing for Exeter in his late 30's, even then his movement off the ball was brilliant.

Biggest villain of them all - I give you Keith Edwards

Also horrible memories of Kevin Randall and Ernie Moss (both Chesterfield) and Derek Hales (Charlton) - the latter even scored against us once when it was actually before the official kick off time (ref started 3 minutes early for some reason - by the time all others kicked off, Hales had bagged)

Another name to conjure with - our very own Keith Hicks who netted a few against us over the years  

4 minutes ago, unsworth blue said:

Biggest villain of them all - I give you Keith Edwards

Also horrible memories of Kevin Randall and Ernie Moss (both Chesterfield) and Derek Hales (Charlton) - the latter even scored against us once when it was actually before the official kick off time (ref started 3 minutes early for some reason - by the time all others kicked off, Hales had bagged)

Another name to conjure with - our very own Keith Hicks who netted a few against us over the years  

Kevin Randall and I played in the same school team, we didn't meet again until some 40 years later and discovered when we bumped into each other at a match we were both scouts.

A real nice guy who sadly passed away recently.

3 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Kevin Randall and I played in the same school team, we didn't meet again until some 40 years later and discovered when we bumped into each other at a match we were both scouts.

A real nice guy who sadly passed away recently.

Went to Chesterfield in the FA Cup in 1971/72 when he bagged a hatrick and we lost 3-0, remember someone saying "Wish it was Randall that f*****g disappearaed" Randall & Hopkirk for those of a certain age)  

5 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Did Juan Ugarte score regularly against us or was it just that 4 goal blast?

Was thinking same NZ - was only a 4 goal burst as far as i know. 

He was interesting, scored something like 30 goals for Wrexham and only 2 at the Racecourse Ground, obviously made a living off playing off the last man away from home  

10 minutes ago, unsworth blue said:

Went to Chesterfield in the FA Cup in 1971/72 when he bagged a hatrick and we lost 3-0, remember someone saying "Wish it was Randall that f*****g disappearaed" Randall & Hopkirk for those of a certain age)  

I was there too, caught in a blizzard going home and didnt get back while 2am.

Kevin was a fearless powerful goal scoring centre forward with a fair bit of skill to go with it. Just the type of player we could do with now.

Archived