Jump to content

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, League one forever said:

Jamie Cureton. 

And he's still playing (or would be in normal circumstances) - he's player manager at Enfield.  He spent two years as player/assistant manager at my then local side and scored 47 in 80 (Ryman League) to be the division's leading scorer.  He is also a youth coach at Arsenal.

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

Who was that guy who possibly played for wrexham and always bagged against us so we signed him and he was proper shit

Think we tried to sign Craig Faulconbridge from Wrexham for around £200k.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

And he's still playing (or would be in normal circumstances) - he's player manager at Enfield.  He spent two years as player/assistant manager at my then local side and scored 47 in 80 (Ryman League) to be the division's leading scorer.  He is also a youth coach at Arsenal.

 

Saw him playing for Exeter in his late 30's, even then his movement off the ball was brilliant.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Biggest villain of them all - I give you Keith Edwards

 

Also horrible memories of Kevin Randall and Ernie Moss (both Chesterfield) and Derek Hales (Charlton) - the latter even scored against us once when it was actually before the official kick off time (ref started 3 minutes early for some reason - by the time all others kicked off, Hales had bagged)

 

Another name to conjure with - our very own Keith Hicks who netted a few against us over the years  

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, unsworth blue said:

Biggest villain of them all - I give you Keith Edwards

 

Also horrible memories of Kevin Randall and Ernie Moss (both Chesterfield) and Derek Hales (Charlton) - the latter even scored against us once when it was actually before the official kick off time (ref started 3 minutes early for some reason - by the time all others kicked off, Hales had bagged)

 

Another name to conjure with - our very own Keith Hicks who netted a few against us over the years  

 

Kevin Randall and I played in the same school team, we didn't meet again until some 40 years later and discovered when we bumped into each other at a match we were both scouts.

A real nice guy who sadly passed away recently.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

 

Kevin Randall and I played in the same school team, we didn't meet again until some 40 years later and discovered when we bumped into each other at a match we were both scouts.

A real nice guy who sadly passed away recently.

 

Went to Chesterfield in the FA Cup in 1971/72 when he bagged a hatrick and we lost 3-0, remember someone saying "Wish it was Randall that f*****g disappearaed" Randall & Hopkirk for those of a certain age)  

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Did Juan Ugarte score regularly against us or was it just that 4 goal blast?

Was thinking same NZ - was only a 4 goal burst as far as i know. 

 

He was interesting, scored something like 30 goals for Wrexham and only 2 at the Racecourse Ground, obviously made a living off playing off the last man away from home  

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, unsworth blue said:

 

Went to Chesterfield in the FA Cup in 1971/72 when he bagged a hatrick and we lost 3-0, remember someone saying "Wish it was Randall that f*****g disappearaed" Randall & Hopkirk for those of a certain age)  

 

I was there too, caught in a blizzard going home and didnt get back while 2am.

Kevin was a fearless powerful goal scoring centre forward with a fair bit of skill to go with it. Just the type of player we could do with now.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...