MATCH: vs Salford (H) 30/01/21

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Wellens lost that for them, no way should he have allowed them to do that.

I don't think there's that level of know-how in this league. Everyone's around about as bad as each other and it's who has the most luck comes out on top. 

Today, by some distance, it was us..

4 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Because of how the 2nd half went I don't agree.

They should've been out of sight in the 1st half, but they sat in way too much in the 2nd half and let us back in.  We had plenty of chances in that 2nd half.

Wellens lost that for them, no way should he have allowed them to do that.

Reminded me a bit of us under Wellens.

Delighted with the result, Latics took their chances, Salford fluffed their ones. 

Nice to beat them, as someone alluded to "a Vanity project" 

Home form turning round now, think it will be more of same from hereon in 

Highest position in season - well done lads 

5 minutes ago, JoeP said:

I don't think there's that level of know-how in this league. Everyone's around about as bad as each other and it's who has the most luck comes out on top. 

Today, by some distance, it was us..

They had just 4 shots on target against a bad defence, that’s poor.

We had 6 shots on target.

Our keeper didn’t really make any good saves. Theirs made 2 good saves.

Wasn’t so much our luck... it was their terrible finishing.

1 minute ago, Mr Banks, Zone 3 said:

Did anyone just hear Richie Wellens on Radio Manchester just then?? OMG how bitter did he sound?!!! Pretty sad really. Fantastic result today, it feels brilliant to get one over on that lot at last.

He'll be out of a job if they don't go up

3 minutes ago, Mr Banks, Zone 3 said:

Did anyone just hear Richie Wellens on Radio Manchester just then?? OMG how bitter did he sound?!!! Pretty sad really. Fantastic result today, it feels brilliant to get one over on that lot at last.

What did he say? 

8 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Wasn’t so much our luck... it was their terrible finishing.

Isn't that what luck is? On any other day they'd have been out of site by half-time. 

We've lost at home to much worse this season..

4 minutes ago, daniel said:

What did he say? 

He just bemoaned his team's lack of luck and when pressed by the interviewer he eventually said that the opposition deserved 'a bit of credit'. He sounded absolutely gutted and was clearly not really in the mood for giving OAFC any credit whatsoever. 

Just now, Mr Banks, Zone 3 said:

He just bemoaned his team's lack of luck and when pressed by the interviewer he eventually said that the opposition deserved 'a bit of credit'. He sounded absolutely gutted and was clearly not really in the mood for giving OAFC any credit whatsoever. 

Let's be honest when things are going ok Wellens seems to perform well. 

When the going gets tough he shits it. 

Salford will not go up under him and they should with their squad and resources....

2 minutes ago, Mr Banks, Zone 3 said:

Awwww. Poor love. 

3 minutes ago, Mr Banks, Zone 3 said:

Sounds like he wasn't too far off the mark then. 

8 minutes ago, Mr Banks, Zone 3 said:

5 points now from 6 games in January...he's starting to feel the pressure. It's never his fault, don't you remember😂😂

2 minutes ago, Canada_latic said:

31 minutes ago, Clubfootkilkenny said:

Never seen a more unpredictable team. 

We had the two best players outside the championship. Now we’ve only got one....but what a fucking player. 

is this what Rick Holden was like? Talk to me

Rick Holden was the greatest crosser and passer of the ball. In the club's history period. 

11 minutes ago, Canada_latic said:

Bahamboula is a different type of player to Holden, who was a brilliant crosser of the ball.

He's closer with his dribbling skills and crowd pleasing to Alan Groves. 

1 minute ago, BP1960 said:

Bahamboula is a different type of player to Holden, who was a brilliant crosser of the ball.

He's closer with his dribbling skills and crowd pleasing to Alan Groves. 

My Dad was a big fan of Alan Groves. I was fortunate to start watching them 3 years prior to the pinch me years.

Archived