MATCH: vs Salford (H) 30/01/21

11 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Old one should stay with the new one starting next season IMO.

I'm not sure what you did to my post that you quoted, but it's a bit different!

Anyway, we want to crack on and get the new system up and running asap as more than a few players have had their predictions disappear from the current one and it's costing them points. Not many points, but losing them nevertheless. We can't let that continue to the end of the season.

It's another reason why we need everyone to post their predictions in both systems for the Salford and Scunthorpe games so that we can do an accurate cross check before we go 100% live for the Exeter match..

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Bristolatic said:

I'm not sure what you did to my post that you quoted, but it's a bit different!

Anyway, we want to crack on and get the new system up and running asap as more than a few players have had their predictions disappear from the current one and it's costing them points. Not many points, but losing them nevertheless. We can't let that continue to the end of the season.

It's another reason why we need everyone to post their predictions in both systems for the Salford and Scunthorpe games so that we can do an accurate cross check before we go 100% live for the Exeter match..

Could you ask HK and Flat Cap to post my highlighted bit on the dressing room wall please.

3 hours ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

Refuse to accept Salford City as a big derby. It is going to be a tough game though. They have some really good players and, for my money, have the best striker in the division in James Wilson...

Gut wrenching to see the quality in their squad - not quite clicking at the minute (until tomorrow) but think they'll go up automatically.

Always be a non league club though dependent on away fans.

If only we could get financial backing like they have 😢

4 hours ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

Refuse to accept Salford City as a big derby. It is going to be a tough game though. They have some really good players and, for my money, have the best striker in the division in James Wilson...

Agree with this, although in the match earlier in the season I thought they flattered to deceive and were very reliant on a moment or two of quality from their forwards.  We were poor against them.

I think they'll make the playoffs at least, but we've played better teams this season.

9 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

I despise everything about Salford FC.  Might be irrational... but there it is.

I wish them nothing but bad things.

Anyhow... tough game.

Alright Reg, Irrational no, you're just bitter and twisted, get stuck in!

3 minutes ago, C.O.JONES said:

Alright Reg, Irrational no, you're just bitter and twisted, get stuck in!

yep

'Class of 92'. Manc lad manager, inordinate amounts of cash. etc etc.  Bitter and twisted?  You bet I am.  f**kin' hate 'em

10 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

yep

'Class of 92'. Manc lad manager, inordinate amounts of cash. etc etc.  Bitter and twisted?  You bet I am.  f**kin' hate 'em

Settle down you'll have a coronary, now go and get your half time bovril. I'm off to tell a ginger neighbour what you said.

8 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Whereas I'm just jealous 

Same here Salford have pretty much won the lottery of football ownership really. 

Wish we had people who were prepared to throw money st us over a long period of time winning multiple promotions. Doesn't look like they are going to pull out anytime soon either. Plus they are football people who clearly know what they are doing.

3 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Ordinarily I’d be the same...😁... but ‘class of 92’ and Wellens... I can’t get past it. 

You mean league 2 title winning manager Richie Wellens and a group of former players who clearly know what they are doing and another billionaire giving them a lot of financial clout.

You're right I'd rather have Mo Lemsagam and Barry Owen.

1 minute ago, GlossopLatic said:

You mean league 2 title winning manager Richie Wellens and a group of former players who clearly know what they are doing and another billionaire giving them a lot of financial clout.

You're right I'd rather have Mo Lemsagam and Barry Owen.

Yes. I can’t stand him. Where do I say I’d rather have Mo and Barry.  Give your head a wobble. 

2 hours ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

I'd go back to a 4-4-2 similar to the Newport game.

Lawlor/Bilboe (not bothered)

Adams

Clarke

Piergianni

Badan

Bahamboula

Garrity

Hilßner

DKD

Grant

McAleny

Assuming no-one comes in before tomorrow, the team above looks close to what I and many others would pick. The only question mark would be over DKD who had a poor game on Tuesday but he is one of Kewell’s favourites so he will more than likely start.

However this is Harry Kewell we are talking about.

One thing though - I am baffled by HK not picking Piergianni. He cannot still be carrying a niggling injury so I can only guess that he must have fallen out of favour - and big time given the alternatives at his disposal. So Jombati it is then...

9 hours ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

Update: Salford striker James Wilson, who pulled out just before the Harrogate game, remains a doubt for Saturday.

Archived