MATCH: vs Salford (H) 30/01/21

3 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

Same here Salford have pretty much won the lottery of football ownership really. 

Wish we had people who were prepared to throw money st us over a long period of time winning multiple promotions. Doesn't look like they are going to pull out anytime soon either. Plus they are football people who clearly know what they are doing.

I know what you mean. I'll come across as bitter and twisted or stuffed with sour grapes, but why the 92 mob picked on nobodies Salford instead of a team with plenty of history and a few golden years is baffling - but then maybe I'm biased 😆

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Worcester Owl said:

I know what you mean. I'll come across as bitter and twisted or stuffed with sour grapes, but why the 92 mob picked on nobodies Salford instead of a team with plenty of history and a few golden years is baffling - but then maybe I'm biased 😆

Their money wont last forever.

3 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

Thing is if we had a club I believed in more then I could summon up the enthusiasm to detest them. Their is enough reason too, I mean their followers are just bored Man United fans. I don't hate Richie Wellens it wasn't his fault we got relegated from L1. Trouble is it's just another example of a club that has sailed past us.

Salford City are just like Gretna were in Scotland a few years back, progression built on sand and totally unsustainable. Once United start doing well again their 'fan base' will probably disappear and the owners will hopefully lose interest too. In the meantime, we've got to prepare for the fact that they'll probably turn us over yet again. Maybe the Football League should make them kick off each week at 4pm on a Sunday, that would sort them out 😃

2 hours ago, Mr Banks, Zone 3 said:

Salford City are just like Gretna were in Scotland a few years back, progression built on sand and totally unsustainable. Once United start doing well again their 'fan base' will probably disappear and the owners will hopefully lose interest too. In the meantime, we've got to prepare for the fact that they'll probably turn us over yet again. Maybe the Football League should make them kick off each week at 4pm on a Sunday, that would sort them out 😃

It absolutely is sustainable ....United are 2nd in Premier league ....they seem , unfortunately, to be doing well . I can’t see many Salford fans moving back when United move from second to first !!!!!!!.......also the 4.00 kick off is the Fc United issue

apart from all that a thoughtful post 

3 hours ago, Worcester Owl said:

I agree and I I never understood why P and G Neville, given their childhood and their Dads involvement didn’t target Bury FC 

1 hour ago, Sheep Foot said:

It absolutely is sustainable ....United are 2nd in Premier league ....they seem , unfortunately, to be doing well . I can’t see many Salford fans moving back when United move from second to first !!!!!!!.......also the 4.00 kick off is the Fc United issue

apart from all that a thoughtful post 

Fair enough, I bow to your knowledge of the various Manchester United tribute acts 😉. I still think though that if United have a sustained period of success again these sideshows will suffer support wise in the long run. I reckon their support will lose interest in the lower divisions if European and domestic glory is on offer as the main event.

40 minutes ago, penrhyn said:

Be surprised if United win anything before City, think the defeat to Spurs was more a true reflection of where they really are.

And losing at home to Sheffield United, like us it's their home form that lets them down. That was seriously funny when they lost to them the other night though 🤣🤣🤣

12 hours ago, Worcester Owl said:

If I was an artist I'd start with a blank canvas

Looks like the standard 5 changes or so again from Kewell. Not sure how I feel about Lawlor being back in, Bilboe has looked pretty good in the last couple of games. Hopefully Lawlor has spent his time away learning how to catch a ball instead of punching it at every given opportunity.

1 minute ago, Barry Bosnian said:

Looks like the standard 5 changes or so again from Kewell. Not sure how I feel about Lawlor being back in, Bilboe has looked pretty good in the last couple of games. Hopefully Lawlor has spent his time away learning how to catch a ball instead of punching it at every given opportunity.

Disagree. His handling is even worse than Lawlor for me. Literally cannot catch. 

No Piergianni fan, and for me he’s a none league defender, but still strange that the captain seems out of favour all of a sudden. Is he the fall guy for our crap defence? Or the cynic in me thinking he gets a new deal with 1 more start? 

4 minutes ago, daniel said:

No Piergianni fan, and for me he’s a none league defender, but still strange that the captain seems out of favour all of a sudden. Is he the fall guy for our crap defence? Or the cynic in me thinking he gets a new deal with 1 more start? 

He’s rubbish, that’s what. 
Finally got a manger who actually drops our shit players. 

Archived