Bahamboula

1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

What chant do we think we would we have ripped off from another club in his honour?

Bit of Baham, Bahamboula to the tune of No Limit by 2 Unlimited?

1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

What chant do we think we would we have ripped off from another club in his honour?

Yes l fancy that

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, JoeP said:

To the tune of the chorus of Is This the way to Amarillo (Tony Christie/Peter Kay):

Bahamboula - la la la la

Bahamboula - la la la la

Bahamboula - la la la la

He's gonna score a goal for me!

You work in the music industry? 

7 hours ago, deyres42 said:

Gypsy Kings; Bamboleo.... 

Bahamboula, Bahamboula

Down the wing, down the wing, down the wing

Bahamboula, Bahamboula 

He's the greatest player that you have ever seen

..... OK, needs work so back to the red wine 😁

1 hour ago, Ritchierich said:

Gypsy Kings; Bamboleo.... 

Bahamboula, Bahamboula

Down the wing, down the wing, down the wing

Bahamboula, Bahamboula 

He's the greatest player that you have ever seen

..... OK, needs work so back to the red wine 😁

This was my thought as well, but it won't be this it will be "Du du du-du, Ba-ham-boula" like they sing for every other player!

I spoke to a scout from Rochdale about Bahamboula yesterday. They had heard his name mentioned so have watched him a few times. He reckons nobody outside of League Two would touch him with a barge-pole because he has far too many flaws in his game. He reckon a scout at Blackpool has said the same. It blew my mind because I think he is the best player I have ever seen, but was very interesting to hear...

15 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

I spoke to a scout from Rochdale about Bahambolou yesterday. They had heard his name mentioned so have watched him a few times. He reckons nobody outside of League Two would touch him with a barge-pole because he has far too many flaws in his game. He reckon a scout at Blackpool has said the same. It blew my mind because I think he is the best player I have ever seen, but was very interesting to hear...

Sounds good to me, their loss 👍

13 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

I spoke to a scout from Rochdale about Bahambolou yesterday. They had heard his name mentioned so have watched him a few times. He reckons nobody outside of League Two would touch him with a barge-pole because he has far too many flaws in his game. He reckon a scout at Blackpool has said the same. It blew my mind because I think he is the best player I have ever seen, but was very interesting to hear...

Ha,they know nothing about football 😉

Took his goal very well on saturday tho :D

27 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

It is interesting to hear.  I don't think he would fit into every team in the EFL, but if you give him a good foil (which I think Adams could easily be on the right) I think he has lots of different tricks (direct running, ability to beat a defender one-on-one, not afraid to shoot from distance) that could do damage to anyone in the league above, maybe even higher.

I've been cautious about him earlier on in the season because players with that much talent often disappear for long periods before the odd great game, but he affects way more games than he doesn't.

20 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

Pro Footballers spend 86 minutes of the game without the ball....arguably what they do without the ball is as important to a teams chances of success. Too often we fans don’t watch that 

24 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

I love watching him, and if scouts from other clubs don't rate him that's their lookout. They may be right and maybe I know nothing about football, but if the end result is that he stays here for a while, then I'm happy in my ignorance.

When he first started I thought he lacked end product, but then that improved and the assists started coming.  I think if he was more of a goal threat, ie from his direct running at sides, then we'd have a proper player on our hands.  Hopefully Kewell can help him improve on that front but we can sign him up to a decent length contract before he does.

He wouldn’t fit into any structured team, fits right in here as we have a tinker man as a manager with no structure to our play. 

Our best player by miles 

Also, I think this is why Adams is at right back. To provide more of a solid base for Baha. Hence we arnt going to see him in the middle. 

36 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

You need to get out more (post-lockdown).

8 minutes ago, Wee Bobby said:

nzlatic.  I think you may have got that wrong. His 1st game was at Colchester. He won a penalty and passed to Macaleney for our equaliser. Thats pretty good end product for a start.

Was just my thoughts on his first few games with us.  Didn't mean he contributed nothing, just that I thought his end product and decision making needed to improve.  It has, quite substantially, and he's much more of a threat for us now.

If he could improve decision making further (ie add in simple pass and moves more rather than always looking to take people on) and add more of a goal threat to his dribbles and running at defences, then he'd be championship worthy in my opinion.

Like I say - he needs tying down to a longer contract.  Even if he doesn't improve any further, he's still one of our most important players.

There's a reason why he's 25 years old, has never had a prolonged spell at any club and is now with us and that reason (unless there is any personal stuff) must be his decision making.  It's hard to imagine we provide the right conditions to settle and make the most of his obvious ability but you never know

Archived