Bahamboula

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/1/2021 at 10:45 AM, Lee Sinnott2 said:

I spoke to a scout from Rochdale about Bahamboula yesterday. They had heard his name mentioned so have watched him a few times. He reckons nobody outside of League Two would touch him with a barge-pole because he has far too many flaws in his game. He reckon a scout at Blackpool has said the same. It blew my mind because I think he is the best player I have ever seen, but was very interesting to hear...

Keith Curle obviously thinks the same... 😐

He’s our Stainrod or Groves and I’m sure every team would love to have a player like Bahamboula in it. One or two is a luxury but a team full of Bahamboula’s probably wouldn’t work!

He’s definitely worth a starting place in our side, there’s always an air of expectation whenever he gets on the ball and players like him do not come along very often, especially in this division.

We are lucky to have him and I just hope Curle or his replacement can find him a regular place in the lineup!

When he’s on blob he’s worth the admission money alone!!

39 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

got evidence of the “many”?

TBF I would have stuck with Kewell rather than give it Curle to the end of the season only. Struggling to comprehend who came up with such a decision, more incompetence from the owner and his cohorts. 

Just now, disjointed said:

TBF I would have stuck with Kewell rather than give it Curle to the end of the season only. Struggling to comprehend who came up with such a decision, more incompetence from the owner and his cohorts. 

I agree with that but as it happened then 

pretty dire against Vale

great for 20 against Cambridge 

solid for 70 against Scunny with actually having a shape (Allegedly as I didn’t watch)

can’t see that backs up “sucking the joy out” when we were pretty crap for Kewells last few and the goals had also dried up 

Many not wanting him to stay is bollocks I’d wager  - I’d be happy for someone of his experience to have a full crack 

14 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

pretty dire against Vale

solid for 70 against Scunny with actually having a shape (Allegedly as I didn’t watch)

can’t see that backs up “sucking the joy out” when we were pretty crap for Kewells last few and the goals had also dried up 

Many not wanting him to stay is bollocks I’d wager  - I’d be happy for someone of his experience to have a full crack 

If he was allowed to bring in his own players with a decent budget. If he asks if his will happen and is given the go ahead, he may stay. If as usual he is told that they bring in most of the players, he will be off and we will get another yes man.

18 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

pretty dire against Vale

I'd also wager that Kewell would have got the team scoring goals again after the blip. We would have conceded a few as well but at least it would have been mildly entertaining. 

12 minutes ago, disjointed said:

I'd also wager that Kewell would have got the team scoring goals again after the blip. We would have conceded a few as well but at least it would have been mildly entertaining. 

I guess we won’t know - you could well be right.  I was as bored against Vale as I have been at the worst of Kewells time but thought we looked outstanding until Diarra got involved against Cambridge.

I guess my view is overall (and let’s remember we are comparing 3 games to however many Kewell had) it’s not massively different 

but unlike Kewell, Curle accepts their are two sides to a game rather than “everyone in League 2 concedes”

if he can tighten that defence and get more of that 20 against Cambridge we will be a force - our woeful defence is the only reason we aren’t better off already and for Curle to identify and seek to rectify that says he knows what he’s talking about 

6 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

I guess we won’t know - you could well be right.  I was as bored against Vale as I have been at the worst of Kewells time but thought we looked outstanding until Diarra got involved against Cambridge.

I guess my view is overall (and let’s remember we are comparing 3 games to however many Kewell had) it’s not massively different 

but unlike Kewell, Curle accepts their are two sides to a game rather than “everyone in League 2 concedes”

if he can tighten that defence and get more of that 20 against Cambridge we will be a force - our woeful defence is the only reason we aren’t better off already and for Curle to identify and seek to rectify that says he knows what he’s talking about 

It's only my opinion, I really hope Curle can make us resemble an all round better football team. 

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

One reason many don't wan't Curle to stay, he's draining what little joy fans have left.

I usually respect and agree with your views BP but FFS Curle has been here 2 minutes....it’s way too early to be making that sort of judgment!!

54 minutes ago, disjointed said:

Agreed.

If it was replacing Kewell with Curle for 15 months and being able to reshape the squad how he wants then it would be worth it.  Replacing him for 2 months certainly isn't.

1 minute ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Agreed.

If it was replacing Kewell with Curle for 15 months and being able to reshape the squad how he wants then it would be worth it.  Replacing him for 2 months certainly isn't.

I think the “end of the season” is more Curle than the clowns - he will be well aware of the shit show we are so it’s no lose - take it on, see if he can/will be able to do things his way if not he walks with not a single blemish as he can always blame the toss pots in charge 

2 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

I think the “end of the season” is more Curle than the clowns - he will be well aware of the shit show we are so it’s no lose - take it on, see if he can/will be able to do things his way if not he walks with not a single blemish as he can always blame the toss pots in charge 

I think you're right.

To be honest I think this season is barely important to Curle.  The key thing is whether or not he'll get the budget and control to build a squad how he sees fit and that can challenge at the top of the league.

Which, let's be honest, probably won't happen.

2 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

If the BPAS or PTB lads get to speak to Curle this is definitely a question they could ask him. It would make sense for Curle to take this route in the circumstances you describe, but if the club have taken the short term decision it all seems a bit pointless. 

1 hour ago, oafc1955 said:

I usually respect and agree with your views BP but FFS Curle has been here 2 minutes....it’s way too early to be making that sort of judgment!!

He's left our best player Bahamaboula out twice in succession, I've seen enough already to make my own judgement.

6 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

He's left our best player Bahamaboula out twice in succession, I've seen enough already to make my own judgement.

And explained why 

and that same player is not available for 2 weeks after tomorrow (longer if he has to isolate)

would Brian Clough play a player he has to be without or look at what he could do in the meantime?

Watch out for that meteorite

1 minute ago, BP1960 said:

Yes, not his type of team player,

Read the rest 

And he didn’t say that at all 

He said players have limitations and have to learn the overall role - for a former scout if you can’t see that of Bahamboula then it’s a strange affair especially as scouts from 2 higher league clubs said exactly the same 

2 hours ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

I think Karl Evans pretty much confirmed this in his recent interview with PTB. I believe the board wanted to offer Curle the following season too but obviously he’s no fool and had heard about the interference and other shenanigans at the club.  Karl said initially he was only prepared to take on the job in the short term to see how things panned out.

Archived