Bahamboula

2 hours ago, BP1960 said:

He's left our best player Bahamaboula out twice in succession, I've seen enough already to make my own judgement.

Thomas Tuchel left Mount, one of the best young English players to come through for many years, out in his first game in charge. Did you also write Tuchel off?

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

He’s our Stainrod or Groves and I’m sure every team would love to have a player like Bahamboula in it. One or two is a luxury but a team full of Bahamboula’s probably wouldn’t work!

He’s definitely worth a starting place in our side, there’s always an air of expectation whenever he gets on the ball and players like him do not come along very often, especially in this division.

We are lucky to have him and I just hope Curle or his replacement can find him a regular place in the lineup!

When he’s on blob he’s worth the admission money alone!!

He is entertaining but he's not in the same league (literally and metaphorically) as Alan Groves.

1 hour ago, Worcester Owl said:

He is entertaining but he's not in the same league (literally and metaphorically) as Alan Groves.

TBF Groves was great, a maverick, but he wasn't a patch on Stainrod. I might be biased (hence the picture) but i loved that guy. Absolute class. I was so sad when he left. Do you remember the riot when Wendies came down and he had a bit of a do with that twat Curran? Above all, i remember that goal at Preston (x2). 

Then we brought in a cult hero Roger Palmer. I also loved Roger. I remember when he broke the goal scoring record (or do i) at Birmingham and we sang his name for what felt like a good 20 minutes. Haaa. the memories (although they might be a bit mixed up with age...). Fact is we love them all, still. 

We're in division four and Bambam is, for us at this level, a joy. As was Dann..... Love players like that. Roger Wylde was another. I was at Rotherham when we destroyed them and he did that knee slide. Love it. We love the entertainers.

Bahamboula is a good player but not in the same league as Alan Groves or George McVitie, excellent wingers. An old friend of mine who passed away not long ago played with these guys and he used to tell me how good they really were.

10 hours ago, Worcester Owl said:

I didn’t actually say he was but for this team in this era he’s like a breath of fresh air and we are very fortunate to have such a talented player!

Stainrod was an unbelievable talent, probably the most skilful player I’ve ever seen in a Latics shirt and Grovesy, on his day, was unplayable.

9 hours ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

TBF Groves was great, a maverick, but he wasn't a patch on Stainrod. I might be biased (hence the picture) but i loved that guy. Absolute class. I was so sad when he left. Do you remember the riot when Wendies came down and he had a bit of a do with that twat Curran? Above all, i remember that goal at Preston (x2). 

Then we brought in a cult hero Roger Palmer. I also loved Roger. I remember when he broke the goal scoring record (or do i) at Birmingham and we sang his name for what felt like a good 20 minutes. Haaa. the memories (although they might be a bit mixed up with age...). Fact is we love them all, still. 

We're in division four and Bambam is, for us at this level, a joy. As was Dann..... Love players like that. Roger Wylde was another. I was at Rotherham when we destroyed them and he did that knee slide. Love it. We love the entertainers.

Agree Stainrod even better than Groves. Remember him scoring a fantastic goal at home against Preston too. What an entertainer 🙂

34 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

The realistic lads reckon he could be worth up to £5m with the right coaching :chubb:

So if he's worth £5 million, and the rest of the squad is worth £4.5 million (according to AL), that's £9.5 million worth of talent on our books.

We are privileged to be able to watch such quality every week.  Probably the best squad we've ever had.

14 hours ago, Worcester Owl said:

Thomas Tuchel left Mount, one of the best young English players to come through for many years, out in his first game in charge. Did you also write Tuchel off?

Tuchel played Mount in his second and third games. Poor comparison but also inaccurate. 

1 hour ago, JoeP said:

So if he's worth £5 million, and the rest of the squad is worth £4.5 million (according to AL), that's £9.5 million worth of talent on our books.

We are privileged to be able to watch such quality every week.  Probably the best squad we've ever had.

Total transfer value as per the legendary Transfermarkt is £3.62m.  Sell them all...  Although Wheater is 10% of that number!

Bahamboula has very quick feet. Most of what he tries doesn't come off, but the odd time it does can lead to goals. He's not greedy, as can be seen from the number of assists he has. Curle's gripe must be that he doesn't help out at the back enough, but he has improved in this area. HK also had reservations about him, but eventually realised he's worth his place. Bahamboula is an entertainer, something that is hated by coaches in the modern game. It's not in the coaching manual they are all taught

48 minutes ago, al_bro said:

Bahamboula has very quick feet. Most of what he tries doesn't come off, but the odd time it does can lead to goals. He's not greedy, as can be seen from the number of assists he has. Curle's gripe must be that he doesn't help out at the back enough, but he has improved in this area. HK also had reservations about him, but eventually realised he's worth his place. Bahamboula is an entertainer, something that is hated by coaches in the modern game. It's not in the coaching manual they are all taught

Have you read them?

14 hours ago, Clubfootkilkenny said:

Awful example.

4 hours ago, Magic Mikey said:

Tuchel played Mount in his second and third games. Poor comparison but also inaccurate. 

Whoosh.

Let me rescue my point, as it clearly soared over your heads. @BP1960, whose posts on here I often agree with, said he's seen enough of KC already to make his mind up - referring to Bahamboula being left out two games in a row. This is an extremely short-term assessment, and reminded me of the media frenzy and speculation when Tuchel dared to put Mount on the bench for his first game in charge of Chelsea.

I didn't welcome HK's sacking and replacement by Curle, and discussion on the manager continues to be academic while the clowns remain in charge. However, in fairness to KC he has got us better organised, has so far stopped us shipping goals, and is clearly improving a number of players - Fage, Whelan, McCalmont to name but three. He's been accused of a defensive mindset but we had 20 shots on goal against Bradford today and were unlucky not to take all three points.

I suggest we avoid writing off/categorising Curle four matches into his tenure (three really, as he didn't pick the team v Port Vale) and see how things look at the end of the season.

Archived