Bahamboula

3 minutes ago, penrhyn said:

Todays game an example of why Bahamboula hasnt played as much under Curle . Agree with the abaove post.

Yet Bradford fans think he's a Championship class player.

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, penrhyn said:

They said that about Rowe who was totally ineffective and lazy today and showing his lack of fitness traits

You can see why he was used sparingly here and now at Bradford.

He’s excellent with the ball at his feet and well capable of scoring some amazing goals but without the ball he is a liability and not the type of player you want in the team when under the cosh!!

He is absolutely bone idle and his performance today was a classic example of that..... whilst at the time I was not happy with his sale, now I’ve had time to think about it more, taking the money when the offer came in was definitely the right thing to do!

4 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

You can see why he was used sparingly here and now at Bradford.

He’s excellent with the ball at his feet and well capable of scoring some amazing goals but without the ball he is a liability and not the type of player you want in the team when under the cosh!!

He is absolutely bone idle and his performance today was a classic example of that..... whilst at the time I was not happy with his sale, now I’ve had time to think about it more, taking the money when the offer came in was definitely the right thing to do!

Danny Rowe or the bloke with the frizzy hair who we have hardly seen? No brainer really

1 hour ago, Worcester Owl said:

Whoosh.

Let me rescue my point, as it clearly soared over your heads. @BP1960, whose posts on here I often agree with, said he's seen enough of KC already to make his mind up - referring to Bahamboula being left out two games in a row. This is an extremely short-term assessment, and reminded me of the media frenzy and speculation when Tuchel dared to put Mount on the bench for his first game in charge of Chelsea.

I didn't welcome HK's sacking and replacement by Curle, and discussion on the manager continues to be academic while the clowns remain in charge. However, in fairness to KC he has got us better organised, has so far stopped us shipping goals, and is clearly improving a number of players - Fage, Whelan, McCalmont to name but three. He's been accused of a defensive mindset but we had 20 shots on goal against Bradford today and were unlucky not to take all three points.

I suggest we avoid writing off/categorising Curle four matches into his tenure (three really, as he didn't pick the team v Port Vale) and see how things look at the end of the season.

Furry muff

1 hour ago, penrhyn said:

They said that about Rowe who was totally ineffective and lazy today and showing his lack of fitness traits

Didn't want it, strolling around and very unhappy by the looks of it,

Sometimes the grass isn't always greener.

59 minutes ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

He hasn't started very often for Bradford.  I think he's at his best when he's starting every game and gets into a run of form. 

3 hours ago, Worcester Owl said:

Whoosh.

Let me rescue my point, as it clearly soared over your heads. @BP1960, whose posts on here I often agree with, said he's seen enough of KC already to make his mind up - referring to Bahamboula being left out two games in a row. This is an extremely short-term assessment, and reminded me of the media frenzy and speculation when Tuchel dared to put Mount on the bench for his first game in charge of Chelsea.

I didn't welcome HK's sacking and replacement by Curle, and discussion on the manager continues to be academic while the clowns remain in charge. However, in fairness to KC he has got us better organised, has so far stopped us shipping goals, and is clearly improving a number of players - Fage, Whelan, McCalmont to name but three. He's been accused of a defensive mindset but we had 20 shots on goal against Bradford today and were unlucky not to take all three points.

I suggest we avoid writing off/categorising Curle four matches into his tenure (three really, as he didn't pick the team v Port Vale) and see how things look at the end of the season.

I always said HK's teams looked dysfunctional, there is no doubt KC has them better organised. However there should room in the side for a player like Bahamboula, who adds that exciting flair the opposition fear.

Read every report from opposition fans and they wish they had him at their club.

Hope KC works out if today's performance is an example of what to expect.

1 minute ago, BP1960 said:

I always said HK's teams looked dysfunctional, there is no doubt KC has them better organised. However there should room in the side for a player like Bahamboula, who adds that exciting flair the opposition fear.

Read every report from thier fans and they wish they had him at their club.

Hope KC works out if today's performance is an example of what to expect.

The way he strolled past 4 of their players into the box was electric, shame he didn't curl the shot away from the keeper.

A very special talent.

2 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Maybe curle is seeing what mo says, if he tells him to play bam he's leaves in the summer 

Why are people acting like Bam on the bench is a new thing?

Kewell put Pele there too.

he’s gone for the next 2 weeks and longer if isolation is needed - maybe Curle is factoring that in when he chooses a side 

6 hours ago, Worcester Owl said:

Whoosh.

So the discussion about the manager is academic, but he has made a difference? 

How does that work? You can’t have it both ways. 

Either it’s an impossible Job. 

Or

We just hire woefully inadequate managers who become an easy target for ire against the owners. 

Curle is the first appointment who has actual track record of promotion from league two, and oh look- he knows how to organise, he can get a side to keep their shape and players are starting to look like they know their role and best of all it turns out they can pass a ball. 

The manager does and always will matter. Even at our club. 

7 hours ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Why are people acting like Bam on the bench is a new thing?

Kewell put Pele there too.

he’s gone for the next 2 weeks and longer if isolation is needed - maybe Curle is factoring that in when he chooses a side 

He must be psychic as he was leaving him out before the call up. 

Most managers in the modern game want their front players to be the first line of defence.  In particular, Curle will have been asked to fix the leaky defence.  Bahamboula is almost worse then useless when we don’t have the ball. He only comes alive when he actually receives the ball, then he is exciting and shows something special. Is that enough?

It wouldn’t be a surprise to me if Curle already sees him only as an impact player.

8 hours ago, League one forever said:

So the discussion about the manager is academic, but he has made a difference? 

How does that work? You can’t have it both ways. 

Either it’s an impossible Job. 

Or

We just hire woefully inadequate managers who become an easy target for ire against the owners. 

Curle is the first appointment who has actual track record of promotion from league two, and oh look- he knows how to organise, he can get a side to keep their shape and players are starting to look like they know their role and best of all it turns out they can pass a ball. 

The manager does and always will matter. Even at our club. 

Must give him credit for yesterday and the defensive shape of the team was excellent but a nil at one end is only seen as a major positive when you don't constantly have one at the other.

Bradford were poor and better sides would have made Curles strategy much more difficult 

2 hours ago, Pidge said:

Bahamboula is almost worse then useless when we don’t have the ball. He only comes alive when he actually receives the ball

That's just utter tripe.

Have you actually watched him this season?

Particularly when he's been in the wing, he tracks back a lot. The number of times he wins the ball in our half is noticeable.  

He's also our best player at offering himself as the outlet pass for players under pressure.  He's always shouting for the ball, not going missing like some of our other players. It's all valuable off the ball work.

29 minutes ago, SweeperKeeper said:

That's just utter tripe.

Have you actually watched him this season?

Particularly when he's been in the wing, he tracks back a lot. The number of times he wins the ball in our half is noticeable.  

He's also our best player at offering himself as the outlet pass for players under pressure.  He's always shouting for the ball, not going missing like some of our other players. It's all valuable off the ball work.

For me the reality is somewhere in the middle of both points. He could do far more off the ball and he has been a contributing factor to why we're so easy to play against over the course of the season. Lots of them pre Curle didn't press anywhere near enough. Curle clearly agrees. I'd personally still find room for him in the starting 11 as he's our most talented player. 

Just now, welshgaz said:

For me the reality is somewhere in the middle of both points. He could do far more off the ball and he has been a contributing factor to why we're so easy to play against over the course of the season. Lots of them pre Curle didn't press anywhere near enough. Curle clearly agrees. I'd personally still find room for him in the starting 11 as he's our most talented player. 

Not really sure how anyone can reach a conclusion on how much he does off the ball when only able to watch on the box. For all we know he could be leaning on a goalpost smoking a fag for half the game. 

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

Not really sure how anyone can reach a conclusion on how much he does off the ball when only able to watch on the box. For all we know he could be leaning on a goalpost smoking a fag for half the game. 

You could see him when he's receiving the ball!

He's spent a good bit of the season playing as the counterpart on the other flank to either Keillor-Dunn or McAleny, both of whom treat the halfway line as if it's an electric fence, yet it's Bahamboula who's lazy off the ball?  It's nonsense.

There's another question whether every player should be tracking back all the time. 

17 hours ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

He always looks like that. He’s a miserable sod, prone to being a bit lazy. He’s not really a striker that rips into defences. It’s invariably pot shots from distance. I thing even Fylde fans would agree with that. 

30 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

He always looks like that. He’s a miserable sod, prone to being a bit lazy. He’s not really a striker that rips into defences. It’s invariably pot shots from distance. I thing even Fylde fans would agree with that. 

I wasn't talking about his usual demeanour, it really surprised me that he wasn't more up for it, massive point to prove and all, most of us put in that situation would have been pulling up trees.

3 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Perspective is very different indeed.

Surely Dylan is effecting the thoughts of the opposition manager, their tactics, team selection not just the game itself.

Harsh criticism of Dylan, our most gifted player, is baffling to most.

Your point is well made, how is Dylan's movement or position influencing the game. Hard to see on ifollow, the Bradford camera was set back more than other games, the ground looked big.

I cant stand listening to many football pundits, but make an exception for Ray Houghton. He regularly scoffs at the stats which imply a player who has run miles in a game correlates directly with effectiveness to make space or positively influencing a game. Ray points out that standing still, can also make space, he speaks as an accomplished intelligent footballer.

Think BP has written this, the criticism of our side is failure to capitalise on the space Dylan makes, be that through a burst of pace, dribble or the mere fact that the opposition has put three players on him.

15 minutes ago, Mayfield said:

Perspective is very different indeed.

Surely Dylan is effecting the thoughts of the opposition manager, their tactics, team selection not just the game itself.

Harsh criticism of Dylan, our most gifted player, is baffling to most.

Your point is well made, how is Dylan's movement or position influencing the game. Hard to see on ifollow, the Bradford camera was set back more than other games, the ground looked big.

I cant stand listening to many football pundits, but make an exception for Ray Houghton. He regularly scoffs at the stats which imply a player who has run miles in a game correlates directly with effectiveness to make space or positively influencing a game. Ray points out that standing still, can also make space, he speaks as an accomplished intelligent footballer.

Think BP has written this, the criticism of our side is failure to capitalise on the space Dylan makes, be that through a burst of pace, dribble or the mere fact that the opposition has put three players on him.

As I've said several times I can only wonder what our spare players are doing when he is being marked by three. 

32 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

As I've said several times I can only wonder what our spare players are doing when he is being marked by three. 

Watching in wonderment Dave?

Note for team talk, we shouldn't also be Bamboozled, use the space, get the ball to Conor Mac, goals will happen 👍

2 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Not that relevant if he's got his head down and can't see them to give them the ball. The fact that he's playing at our level seems to indicate that's a problem that has never been solved.

Archived