BPAS PODCAST: 1st Feb '21 Episode 20: Mike Keegan

2 hours ago, kowenicki said:

Ffs. Nobody is blaming Keegan.  What is this BS?  The interview had nothing  new.  It was just a rather boring rant about stuff from 12 to 24 months ago. His views on the current team and players were nonsense because they were based on him watching only 3 of our worst performances out of 26 games. It wasn’t just about the Salford game. 

Couple of questions for you. Why did we end up with AL and what’s your view of the Blitz situation and the way out of it?  

I didn’t mean that others were blaming Keegan, just pointing out that AL is the one responsible for this mess. My view is that discord amongst fans won’t help us to find a way forwards whereas highlighting the issues can do us no harm and may help to bring change.

I presume Corney’s desperation to sell and his skill in finding a muppet stupid enough to swallow the deal on offer is the reason we got AL.

As for Blitz, I don’t know the facts well at all.  I know he owns the North Stand, but does he own the rest of the ground too?
Whatever part(s) he owns I suppose it all comes down to rentals and yields in determining what the asset is worth, and even the North Stand probably derives most of its value from the rental income paid by the football club.

The fact that it is so difficult to see a win win for landlord and tenant (when the tenant wants to buy the asset but is priced out of doing so because of the rental the tenant has previously agreed to pay) is probably why the whole thing is a mess. I do not see a situation where Al ever owns the ground and the club, I do though see a situation where Blitz is forced to sell cheap to ano in order to cut his losses rather than lose everything. We will probably have ceased to be as a football club in our current form by then.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, League one forever said:

He didn’t say a single thing we didn’t know. Nor is anyone suggesting it isn’t true. And what does your last paragraph mean? Who is blaming Mike for the club being in real trouble? That one is bizarre. 

I’m simply saying I don’t want to listen to guy with ‘no interest’ of my football team on said teams podcast. 

Like I said in reply to Kowenicki I didn’t mean that others were blaming MK, just that AL deserves our ire, not a fellow fan for pointing out what is going on.

8 minutes ago, Andy Barlow’s dietician said:

I didn’t mean that others were blaming Keegan, just pointing out that AL is the one responsible for this mess. My view is that discord amongst fans won’t help us to find a way forwards whereas highlighting the issues can do us no harm and may help to bring change.

I presume Corney’s desperation to sell and his skill in finding a muppet stupid enough to swallow the deal on offer is the reason we got AL.

As for Blitz, I don’t know the facts well at all.  I know he owns the North Stand, but does he own the rest of the ground too?
Whatever part(s) he owns I suppose it all comes down to rentals and yields in determining what the asset is worth, and even the North Stand probably derives most of its value from the rental income paid by the football club.

The fact that it is so difficult to see a win win for landlord and tenant (when the tenant wants to buy the asset but is priced out of doing so because of the rental the tenant has previously agreed to pay) is probably why the whole thing is a mess. I do not see a situation where Al ever owns the ground and the club, I do though see a situation where Blitz is forced to sell cheap to ano in order to cut his losses rather than lose everything. We will probably have ceased to be as a football club in our current form by then.

its easier to think of it as a landlord V tennant set up.

Al owns the club in name only - tennant

Blitz and Gazal are the landlords. They own the pitch, 4 stands, little wembley, OEC, carparks and pockets of land surrounding BP. - what the ACV covers via the Trust as a nominator

Its not unique set up in the EFL but it is dysfunctional as it is not "whole"

I know that club and gym pay rent/lease. Unsure of shop and OEC. Trust ACV research and work should bottom the figure out as well as having a valuation...this is going to cost money if we can't source it

4 minutes ago, underdog said:

its easier to think of it as a landlord V tennant set up.

Al owns the club in name only - tennant

Blitz and Gazal are the landlords. They own the pitch, 4 stands, little wembley, OEC, carparks and pockets of land surrounding BP.

Its not unique set up in the EFL but it is dysfunctional as it is not "whole"

Thank you for clarifying that 👍

1 minute ago, Andy Barlow’s dietician said:

Thank you for clarifying that 👍

No worries, I could not get my head around it myself  (being blond) until Jorvik explained it to me that way several eons ago now. 

They are the two key players in our on going saga. This is why we need three plans to cover all eventualities

Club, Ground, both.

5 minutes ago, underdog said:

No worries, I could not get my head around it myself  (being blond) until Jorvik explained it to me that way several eons ago now. 

They are the two key players in our on going saga. This is why we need three plans to cover all eventualities

Club, Ground, both.

Do you know if there is a single tenancy agreement covering the whole ground etc, or was a new agreement put in place for the NS after it was built, with another agreement for the remaining parts of BP?

13 hours ago, deyres42 said:

Think there is a certain smugness about him that some folk don't like. That and the massive chip on his shoulder.

It didn't help matters when he blocked anyone who dared to remotely contest his opinions, which isn't half ironic given the paper he sold his soul to work for. I know, his political belief's may not match the papers but there must be other ways a talented scribe can earn an honest salary rather than from that fascist rag.

I think many many fans feel the same way as Mike, although I get the argument about an opinion can't be based on seeing three games (even if the opinion is, in reality, probably not much different from those who've seen every game this season..).

It's interesting to see a bit of a theme developing.

I'm not a podcast person by nature, but have listened to a few now as there are interesting guests and it's shedding light on our predicament.

Despite our saga going on for a couple of decades there is still a lack of clarity/informaion/knowedge among many about certain spects, and this maybe something to feature in upcming podcasts, though I also prefer to see it written down too. Some updates in this thread though I acknowledge

:: The roles, responsibility and remit of the CEO

:: The roles, responsibility and remit of the Sportng Director

:: The roles, responsibility and remit of the Trust Directors, and also who si covering them as they work hard covering multiple roles currrently

:: The vacanies at the Trust
:: Who owns what at the club, an at a glance guide

Probably more

On 03/02/2021 at 6:03 AM, League one forever said:

You asked what’s wrong with what Mike is saying. 

I’ll be more blunt. 

He claims he’s lost interest, hardly goes to games, and says winning a game is irrelevant. I’ll say that again- irrelevant. To me if you REALLY feel like that, you should just fuck it off. What you shouldn’t do is go onto Pod casts pretending you don’t care then contradict your supposed apathy to talk about players you’ve just claimed you don’t watch. It’s cringy and lacks class. 

He sounds desperate for the team to fail- so he can ‘reveal’ that he told us from the start, and that’s just sad.  His ego and being right about something we all know is more important than his team winning.

I, unlike Mike. Can separate our really bad owner with my team winning on a Saturday. I’m still chuffed when we win. Mike derides it, and calls it lucky.  Because being right about AL is more important than a DKD stunner in the last minute. 

Very, very good.

Opinion based journalism is the current trend and the antithesis of true objectivity.

Mike, as you allegedly dont care, stop writing about it.

• Matt unfeatured this topic

Archived