MATCH: vs Scunthorpe United (A) 06/02/21 Postponed

11 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

From The Oldham Times:

Rotation is a clear policy of Harry Kewell and it’s something Keillor-Dunn takes no issue with, the boss having made his intentions known at the start of the season.

“He’s told us from minute one that he’s going to rotate and it’s going to be healthy competition,” Keillor-Dunn told The Oldham Times.

“All the boys have taken to it really well and you’ve just got to be ready when your chance comes.

“Never get negative, never get your head down and just keep going and be ready for your chance.

😎

Which is okay if you are a top Premiership team with a hugely talented squad and a stash of money.
Unfortunately, Latics are not and this is not the way out of League 2.

"Healthy competition".
It's a joke, to be honest and maybe Rowe thought the same.
Imagine, playing well, scoring goals and then being sat on a bench because rotation promotes "healthy competition".

My arse!!

Tinker, tinker.

Don't get me wrong, I would like Kewell to be long-term and succeed in achieving something for the fans and the club, but for God's sake, stop messing with line-ups and formations. It doesn't make you a good manger.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Wardie said:

Which is okay if you are a top Premiership team with a hugely talented squad and a stash of money.
Unfortunately, Latics are not and this is not the way out of League 2.

"Healthy competition".
It's a joke, to be honest and maybe Rowe thought the same.
Imagine, playing well, scoring goals and then being sat on a bench because rotation promotes "healthy competition".

My arse!!

Tinker, tinker.

Don't get me wrong, I would like Kewell to be long-term and succeed in achieving something for the fans and the club, but for God's sake, stop messing with line-ups and formations. It doesn't make you a good manger.

If he can still get wins against the top sides using this crazy system, imagine where we could be with virtually the same starting 11 week in week out?

21 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

From The Oldham Times:

Rotation is a clear policy of Harry Kewell and it’s something Keillor-Dunn takes no issue with, the boss having made his intentions known at the start of the season.

“He’s told us from minute one that he’s going to rotate and it’s going to be healthy competition,” Keillor-Dunn told The Oldham Times.

“All the boys have taken to it really well and you’ve just got to be ready when your chance comes.

“Never get negative, never get your head down and just keep going and be ready for your chance.

😎

If that’s true then... well... 🤪

Surely it just creates inconsistency, not healthy competition?  

7 hours ago, GKing521 said:

Lawlor

Adams

Pidge 

Clarke

CBJ

Hilßner

McCalmont

DKD

Bahamboula

Grant

McAleny.

The above team means that Tasdemir and Garrity will be the two loanees to miss out. It highlights the folly of having seven loanees and only being able to include five in a match day squad.

fwiw I can see Tasdemir starting in place of McCalmont if the Peterborough loanee is match fit. But what is in Kewell’s mind is anybody’s guess. Cue starts for Fage, Garrity and Whelan 😳

49 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

I might be stupid but I genuinely believe that Kewell picks the match day squad, without a doubt. 

Hard to tell these days.  It seems so obvious when players that had clearly been brought in my Mo were i rather greater supply than they are now.  The overstuffed loanee quota is just bizarre though; what a waste.

Being cynical here, but it wasn't that long ago AL was telling us the club strategy was not to sign any older players.  Which seemed a stupid policy, but was probably a cover up for wanting to get rid of the older, more expensive, more self-opinionated players.  Especially when they then signed Adams on an 18 month contract. It's not inconceivable that extreme rotation isn't an actual policy decided by HK but rather an excuse given to cover up something else.  Have they put a lot of the squad on low basic wages but high appearance bonuses?!

18 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Being cynical here, but it wasn't that long ago AL was telling us the club strategy was not to sign any older players.  Which seemed a stupid policy, but was probably a cover up for wanting to get rid of the older, more expensive, more self-opinionated players.  Especially when they then signed Adams on an 18 month contract. It's not inconceivable that extreme rotation isn't an actual policy decided by HK but rather an excuse given to cover up something else.  Have they put a lot of the squad on low basic wages but high appearance bonuses?!

And not sign too many loanees, because you know, what do they care? And to give youth a chance.

He talks bollocks. Absolute shit. Whatever he can say to take away any pressure. And people lap it up. It's bizarre.

Lawlor

CBJ, Pidge, Clarke, Adams

Hilßner, Mcalmont

Bahamboula, Tasdemir, DKD

Mcaleny

that's what id do, but Im not in charge so I can imagine Garrity will keep his place despite his inability to pass to anyone on the same team as him. Grant will probably start as well, even though his loan should've been terminated after his red card vs Harrogate. 

55 minutes ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

If he can do what he did last week, again, I'd be ecstatic either way

If we can do what we did last week again by being outplayed for 90 mins and still win, i'd take it.

Probably trigger an eight page spread in the Daily Fail, but beggars cant be choosers

5 hours ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

Lawlor

Adams

Clarke

Piergianni

Badan

McCalmont

Hilssner

Bahambolou

DKD

Tasdemir

McAleny

That's probably the team I'd pick, but I reckon he'll go

Lawlor

Adams

Clarke

Jombatti

Borthwick

Ntambwe

Hillsner

Tasdemir

Bahamboula

Grant

McAleny

There's at least three of those that make me shudder when they're anywhere near the starting line up

7 minutes ago, Steve_R said:

That's probably the team I'd pick, but I reckon he'll go

Lawlor

Adams

Clarke

Jombatti

Borthwick

Ntambwe

Hillsner

Tasdemir

Bahamboula

Grant

McAleny

There's at least three of those that make me shudder when they're anywhere near the starting line up

Hope not, I wouldn't have Jambutty or Ntambwe anywhere near the club let alone the pitch.

6 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

I might be stupid but I genuinely believe that Kewell picks the match day squad, without a doubt. 

Abolutely not without a doubt but I think he possibly predominatly does albeit Mo will have to give his opinion. The huge problem is not Al & Mo picking the team on match day but who is available for selection in terms of not sent to the Youths or discplined.

7 hours ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

Lawlor

Adams

Clarke

Piergianni

Badan

McCalmont

Hilssner

Bahambolou

DKD

Tasdemir

McAleny

Not sure which is more surprising

Picking Tasdemir without seeing him kick a ball

or picking Perigianni having seen him kick a ball

1 hour ago, singe said:

Abolutely not without a doubt but I think he possibly predominatly does albeit Mo will have to give his opinion. The huge problem is not Al & Mo picking the team on match day but who is available for selection in terms of not sent to the Youths or discplined.

I wonder what Pidge did to upset them.

Archived