Jump to content

MATCH: vs Exeter City (H) 13/02/21 Postponed


Recommended Posts

What’s the chance of this game going ahead? Looking at the temperatures forecast for Friday/Saturday I would say slim...

 

If by some miracle it does take place, then Harry Kewell should definitely have a full squad to choose from 😀

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

What’s the chance of this game going ahead? Looking at the temperatures forecast for Friday/Saturday I would say slim...

 

If by some miracle it does take place, then Harry Kewell should definitely have a full squad to choose from 😀

Even forgetting you know who he won't have a free rein as he has to leave two loanees out. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Even forgetting you know who he won't have a free rein as he has to leave two loanees out. 

That was sort of my point I suppose. Last week Garrity was carrying a knock and Tasdemir was not yet match fit...

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

That was sort of my point I suppose. Last week Garrity was carrying a knock and Tasdemir was not yet match fit...

 

As far as best use of a limited budget goes it marks a new low

Link to post
Share on other sites

Good time to be playing Exeter.  They have had a 660 round trip to Barrow in midweek, only to have the game postponed an hour before kick off. Now face another 250 mile trip up to ISZ.

 

So they may not get travel sick, but chances are they will be sick of travel.

Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, 100milesaway said:

Good time to be playing Exeter.  They have had a 660 round trip to Barrow in midweek, only to have the game postponed an hour before kick off. Now face another 250 mile trip up to ISZ.

 

So they may not get travel sick, but chances are they will be sick of travel.

Home win.

 

5-1

Link to post
Share on other sites

Have they let the snow sit on the covers? This can have an insulating effect if the covers were down well before the freezing temps. Don't wana let it melt a bit and freeze tho, that's not good. lf by such good planning and a bit of luck we get the game on then MAKE SURE THE SPRINKLERS ARE TURNED OFF. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

If (and looking at the forecast it's a big if) the match goes ahead...

 

...they'll go into it as favourites but not by as much as last time.  Despite being top scorers in the league by a comfortable margin, they aren't really a free flowing attacking side at the moment.

 

Nicky Law leaving for America, Randell Williams out with a long term injury and Joel Randall only just returning from one has forced them to change the way they play recently.  I watched their match against Stevenage away last week and they played a very functional 3-5-2 formation.  It was a very attritional match which Exeter won thanks to a Rory McArdle header from a set piece.  They were a slightly less effective version of Cheltenham were against us. 

 

The defensive unit was very strong and their midfield were disciplined, but despite Jay and Bowman having a solid goal return (11 each) they looked pretty blunt going forward in that match.  Seymour their other attacking option isn't proven at this level yet and Ajose and Fisher aren't used much at all.

 

They could also play 4-4-1-1 with Robbie Wilmott as an out-and-out winger, either way their attacking threat isn't as strong as earlier in the season.

 

Our best chance of winning is down our right side.  Lewis Page is a very good left (wing) back but is likely to be out injured, so Jack Sparkes should play instead.  Sparkes has a very good left foot and is a decent threat going forwards, but is a weakness defensively down that side.  Adams and Bahamboula would have a lot of joy down the flank, even if Sparkes has protection from a midfielder in front of him.

 

As said at the start, they'll be slight favourites as they have greater depth in their squad and are a better unit.  But we'll have the most talented individuals on the pitch in Bahamboula, Hilßner, Adams and McAleny and like Salford showed, we don't need to dominate the match to be able to produce moments of magic that will win it for us.

Edited by the_mighty_bosh
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

They could have a pitch inspection tomorrow because the conditions won't change after that. The forecast for Friday night is -3 and only rises to 0 Saturday afternoon.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

If (and looking at the forecast it's a big if) the match goes ahead...

 

...they'll go into it as favourites but not by as much as last time.  Despite being top scorers in the league by a comfortable margin, they aren't really a free flowing attacking side at the moment.

 

Nicky Law leaving for America, Randell Williams out with a long term injury and Joel Randall only just returning from one has forced them to change the way they play recently.  I watched their match against Stevenage away last week and they played a very functional 3-5-2 formation.  It was a very attritional match which Exeter won thanks to a Rory McArdle header from a set piece.  They were a slightly less effective version of Cheltenham were against us. 

 

The defensive unit was very strong and their midfield were disciplined, but despite Jay and Bowman having a solid goal return (11 each) they looked pretty blunt going forward in that match.  Seymour their other attacking option isn't proven at this level yet and Ajose and Fisher aren't used much at all.

 

They could also play 4-4-1-1 with Robbie Wilmott as an out-and-out winger, either way their attacking threat isn't as strong as earlier in the season.

 

Our best chance of winning is down our right side.  Lewis Page is a very good left (wing) back but is likely to be out injured, so Jack Sparkes should play instead.  Sparkes has a very good left foot and is a decent threat going forwards, but is a weakness defensively down that side.  Adams and Bahamboula would have a lot of joy down the flank, even if Sparkes has protection from a midfielder in front of him.

 

As said at the start, they'll be slight favourites as they have greater depth in their squad and are a better unit.  But we'll have the most talented individuals on the pitch in Bahamboula, Hilßner, Adams and McAleny and like Salford showed, we don't need to dominate the match to be able to produce moments of magic that will win it for us.

Excellent report Mr Bosh, I'm convinced our decent performances against Exeter are down to your scouting, pretty sure HK will be studying this prior to making his usual 3 or 4 changes 😁

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

Excellent report Mr Bosh, I'm convinced our decent performances against Exeter are down to your scouting, pretty sure HK will be studying this prior to making his usual 3 or 4 changes 😁

 

Thanks and I take all the credit for last season's brilliant performance at their place a year to the day.

 

Hang on... *checks scoreline*

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Matt changed the title to MATCH: vs Exeter City (H) 13/02/21 Postponed
  • Matt unfeatured this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...