Jump to content

The Everest Chalenge ,its all for charidee !


Recommended Posts

We as a supporter group have a long tradition of raising money for charity with sponsored walks usualy revolving around the first/local games ,with lock down and the more acrimonious atmosphere these apear to have dropped by the wayside . Having heard of the Everest Chalenge being done by others i wondered if there is an appettite to attempt this amongst our supporters posibley to raise funds for DR Kershaws Hospice thats has had a long link to the club . 

 for those not in the know the Everest chalenge is to walk the equivelent of the 8,846meters (29,000ft) up and then down again of Everest this can be done around a park along a track up and down  a flight of stairs , my idea would be to do this up and down the stairs of the RRE in the area of the big devider .

 could be done individualy in relays in fancydress fastest  etc i am just putting this out there to guage interest from club fans Trust PTB ect just think it could be a good way to heal some of the divisions and raise some probabley much needed funds for DR Kershaws   

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, peanuts2 said:

We as a supporter group have a long tradition of raising money for charity with sponsored walks usualy revolving around the first/local games ,with lock down and the more acrimonious atmosphere these apear to have dropped by the wayside . Having heard of the Everest Chalenge being done by others i wondered if there is an appettite to attempt this amongst our supporters posibley to raise funds for DR Kershaws Hospice thats has had a long link to the club . 

 for those not in the know the Everest chalenge is to walk the equivelent of the 8,846meters (29,000ft) up and then down again of Everest this can be done around a park along a track up and down  a flight of stairs , my idea would be to do this up and down the stairs of the RRE in the area of the big devider .

 could be done individualy in relays in fancydress fastest  etc i am just putting this out there to guage interest from club fans Trust PTB ect just think it could be a good way to heal some of the divisions and raise some probabley much needed funds for DR Kershaws   


I was meant to do Nevis in June last year, then again this year but looks like COVID will stop both attempts!

 

I'm definitely up for this 

 

*edited for being an idiot 🤣

Edited by Chaddyexile84
Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:


I was meant to do Everest in June last year, then again this year but looks like COVID will stop both attempts!

 

I'm definitely up for this 

The real one?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:


yeah - it was the final one after Snowdon and Scafell

 

i know some do all in one day but I’m not a sadist (despite supporting Latics)


dont you mean Nevis?

 

😂
 

Did the 3 peaks a few years back, was supposed to be 24 hours. Ended up taking 28. Horrendous weather at Scafell. Nevis is the most enjoyable one imo. 

 

 

 

Edited by kowenicki
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, kowenicki said:


dont you mean Nevis?

 

😂
 

Did the 3 peaks a few years back, was supposed to be 24 hours. Ended up taking 28. Horrendous weather at Scafell. Nevis is the most enjoyable one imo. 

 

 

 

Going to say hes brave !

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kowenicki said:


dont you mean Nevis?

 

😂
 

Did the 3 peaks a few years back, was supposed to be 24 hours. Ended up taking 28. Horrendous weather at Scafell. Nevis is the most enjoyable one imo. 

 

 

 

 

59 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Going to say hes brave !


I will donate an extra £50 for being a prick 🤣🤣

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Chaddyexile84 said:


yeah - it was the final one after Snowdon and Scafell

 

i know some do all in one day but I’m not a sadist (despite supporting Latics)

Doing it in one day is just stupid! Dangerous 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...