The Everest Chalenge ,its all for charidee !

We as a supporter group have a long tradition of raising money for charity with sponsored walks usualy revolving around the first/local games ,with lock down and the more acrimonious atmosphere these apear to have dropped by the wayside . Having heard of the Everest Chalenge being done by others i wondered if there is an appettite to attempt this amongst our supporters posibley to raise funds for DR Kershaws Hospice thats has had a long link to the club . 

for those not in the know the Everest chalenge is to walk the equivelent of the 8,846meters (29,000ft) up and then down again of Everest this can be done around a park along a track up and down  a flight of stairs , my idea would be to do this up and down the stairs of the RRE in the area of the big devider .

could be done individualy in relays in fancydress fastest  etc i am just putting this out there to guage interest from club fans Trust PTB ect just think it could be a good way to heal some of the divisions and raise some probabley much needed funds for DR Kershaws   

2 hours ago, peanuts2 said:

We as a supporter group have a long tradition of raising money for charity with sponsored walks usualy revolving around the first/local games ,with lock down and the more acrimonious atmosphere these apear to have dropped by the wayside . Having heard of the Everest Chalenge being done by others i wondered if there is an appettite to attempt this amongst our supporters posibley to raise funds for DR Kershaws Hospice thats has had a long link to the club . 

for those not in the know the Everest chalenge is to walk the equivelent of the 8,846meters (29,000ft) up and then down again of Everest this can be done around a park along a track up and down  a flight of stairs , my idea would be to do this up and down the stairs of the RRE in the area of the big devider .

could be done individualy in relays in fancydress fastest  etc i am just putting this out there to guage interest from club fans Trust PTB ect just think it could be a good way to heal some of the divisions and raise some probabley much needed funds for DR Kershaws   

I was meant to do Nevis in June last year, then again this year but looks like COVID will stop both attempts!

I'm definitely up for this 

*edited for being an idiot 🤣

4 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

yeah - it was the final one after Snowdon and Scafell

i know some do all in one day but I’m not a sadist (despite supporting Latics)

dont you mean Nevis?

😂

Did the 3 peaks a few years back, was supposed to be 24 hours. Ended up taking 28. Horrendous weather at Scafell. Nevis is the most enjoyable one imo. 

1 hour ago, kowenicki said:

dont you mean Nevis?

😂

Did the 3 peaks a few years back, was supposed to be 24 hours. Ended up taking 28. Horrendous weather at Scafell. Nevis is the most enjoyable one imo. 

59 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Going to say hes brave !

I will donate an extra £50 for being a prick 🤣🤣

Archived