Season Tickets 2021/22

17 hours ago, League one forever said:

Who signs who is moot in this instance, the point is money was made available. Are we to believe we we’re the only ones in for Mac in the summer? Wheater was on how much - 4/5k a week. Where did he suddenly find the money to pay blitz off in courts? We have 11/12 players under contract for next season. That’s with no match day income for over 12 months, and sponsors leaving. 

Posters are saying we face apocalypse because ticket sales are low. I don’t think that’s the case. I think as long as Mo enjoys playing football manager AL will fund it.

The fans are irrelevant

You are forgetting the club has received at least 2 bail out payments from the EFL during the season which were more than the revenue of this disastrous season ticket promotion. In addition the club has taken use of the EFL loan scheme. Unfortunately the loans are repayable and will be taken out of next seasons solidarity payments and of course you can't buy players whilst taking loans. Next season, with fans back there will be no bailouts. Make no mistake, Covid has meant Abdallah hasn't had to fund the club this season. 

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, PeteG said:

You are forgetting the club has received at least 2 bail out payments from the EFL during the season which were more than the revenue of this disastrous season ticket promotion. In addition the club has taken use of the EFL loan scheme. Unfortunately the loans are repayable and will be taken out of next seasons solidarity payments and of course you can't buy players whilst taking loans. Next season, with fans back there will be no bailouts. Make no mistake, Covid has meant Abdallah hasn't had to fund the club this season. 

What’s your point here Pete? 

We are facing admin? So what? 

You are forgetting that Uncle Si won’t let the club go under because if we do he will lose millions. This was evidenced when he took AL to court, and said at the time he had other options to help the club if AL wouldn’t or couldn’t pay. Make no mistake, admin would be the best thing that could happen to us. 

5 minutes ago, League one forever said:

What’s your point here Pete? 

We are facing admin? So what? 

You are forgetting that Uncle Si won’t let the club go under because if we do he will lose millions. This was evidenced when he took AL to court, and said at the time he had other options to help the club if AL wouldn’t or couldn’t pay. Make no mistake, admin would be the best thing that could happen to us. 

Not sure about that. I'm pretty certain the land would be worth a lot more without a football club but that really isn't the point and i don't think for one minute the club will go under. We would be rescued out of admin by interested parties but the repercussions of minus 12 points could be dreadful if it means us losing our place in the EFL

53 minutes ago, PeteG said:

If season ticket take up is so low then the price is irrelevant surely. You can't charge the fans who are buying more to make up for the shortfall. We don't generally buy players anyway so the monitored grants thing isn't really an issue in that sense.

1 minute ago, deyres42 said:

If season ticket take up is so low then the price is irrelevant surely. You can't charge the fans who are buying more to make up for the shortfall. We don't generally buy players anyway so the monitored grants thing isn't really an issue in that sense.

Oh the loans certainly are when it comes out of next season's solidarity payments, it's robbing Peter to pay Paul, at some point there will be a shortfall

2 minutes ago, PeteG said:

Oh the loans certainly are when it comes out of next season's solidarity payments, it's robbing Peter to pay Paul, at some point there will be a shortfall

Thought they were grants rather than loans in L1 and 2, albeit with terms attached?

2 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Thought they were grants rather than loans in L1 and 2, albeit with terms attached?

There was bailouts which the club received 2 separate payments i know of and then there has been loans albeit interest free which must be repaid.

38 minutes ago, PeteG said:

Not sure about that. I'm pretty certain the land would be worth a lot more without a football club but that really isn't the point and i don't think for one minute the club will go under. We would be rescued out of admin by interested parties but the repercussions of minus 12 points could be dreadful if it means us losing our place in the EFL

Depends how you define dreadful doesn’t it. 

We would lose 12 points and we would go down,  but the clowns would be gone, and a new impetus and life would come back into the club. The club at the minute is an empty vessel and I see no future in just surviving or limping on. 

Bring it on. 

3 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Depends how you define dreadful doesn’t it. 

We would lose 12 points and we would go down,  but the clowns would be gone, and a new impetus and life would come back into the club. The club at the minute is an empty vessel and I see no future in just surviving or limping on. 

Bring it on. 

I'd prefer Abdallah to agree a sale, a new buyer to also purchase the whole ground or at the very least negotiate a long term lease which gave the club the ability to run the whole stadium 7 days a week and generate an income from the NS and then we could possibly get out of this league the right way rather than through the trapdoor 

13 minutes ago, PeteG said:

I'd prefer Abdallah to agree a sale, a new buyer to also purchase the whole ground or at the very least negotiate a long term lease which gave the club the ability to run the whole stadium 7 days a week and generate an income from the NS and then we could possibly get out of this league the right way rather than through the trapdoor 

😂😂 
Christ. 

I’d like a Ferrari and a choice of women each evening. . 

Never. Going. To. Happen. 

8 minutes ago, League one forever said:

😂😂 
Christ. 

I'll settle for a nice bottle of red and the same woman every evening, now that will happen!

1 hour ago, League one forever said:

😂😂 
Christ. 

It's not all it's cracked up to be in all honesty, i ended up with a bad back.

22 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Who offered to buy the club?

I haven't a clue. The chap was introduced by a member of staff because he wanted to prevent the club going into admin., by lending the money to AL to pay Brassbank. AL and MO took him for a meal, and the chap put forward an offer for the club, which wasn't accepted. The member of staff was sacked soon after, was the story on this board somewhere. Whether it was accurate or not I don't know. 

11 hours ago, League one forever said:

😂😂 
Christ. 

Dont put yourself down, Claire has a friend in accounts, I can put u in touch if u like ?

Just now, latics22 said:
11 hours ago, League one forever said:

😂😂 
Christ. 

Dont put yourself down, Claire has a friend in accounts, I can put u in touch if u like ?

Dont put yourself down, Claire has a friend in accounts, I can put u in touch if u like ?

On 4/30/2021 at 11:25 PM, Monty Burns said:

l don't think 700 sold with over 14 weeks to go and no real need to buy early is actually that bad.

Untill you see port vale have sold double that in a shorter time frame 

17 minutes ago, peanuts2 said:

Untill you see port vale have sold double that in a shorter time frame 

Port Vale are in different time to us. Theyve had the majority of their years in lower leagues. So this is where they are. Theyve accepted it. We have seen better times. And its going to be a long time before we accept the mediocre times and people decide to come back because nothing changes. Irregardless of ownership, the last few owners have been as bad as each other, each sticking their own knife in. So even if we get new owners, I cant see them being any different to the last few. Because you have to be stupid to buy any football club. Never mind one with no assets. Ill still b goin to BP because imo whatever anyone does, things won't change too dramatically anytime soon at the club so might as well kill a few hours every week. And at 200 and odd quid, tenner or so a game, I think its worth watchin some football on a Saturday. You never know we might get lucky and get a couple more rough diamonds and sneak up to league 1. Id be gutted to miss that. Plus its Latics. Its in my blood. Gutted the season is ending tomorrow. And as much as its a pointless game, I'll still be screaming at the TV and cheering the good bits

1 hour ago, Chris15Arm said:

Port Vale are in different time to us. Theyve had the majority of their years in lower leagues. So this is where they are. Theyve accepted it. We have seen better times. And its going to be a long time before we accept the mediocre times and people decide to come back because nothing changes. Irregardless of ownership, the last few owners have been as bad as each other, each sticking their own knife in. So even if we get new owners, I cant see them being any different to the last few. Because you have to be stupid to buy any football club. Never mind one with no assets. Ill still b goin to BP because imo whatever anyone does, things won't change too dramatically anytime soon at the club so might as well kill a few hours every week. And at 200 and odd quid, tenner or so a game, I think its worth watchin some football on a Saturday. You never know we might get lucky and get a couple more rough diamonds and sneak up to league 1. Id be gutted to miss that. Plus its Latics. Its in my blood. Gutted the season is ending tomorrow. And as much as its a pointless game, I'll still be screaming at the TV and cheering the good bits

We should never be accepting of mediocrity. 

15 minutes ago, disjointed said:

We should never be accepting of mediocrity. 

I've said it for years, whilst we are in the shadows of 2 of the biggest clubs in the world, we will never get the base for a successful club in the climate that football has become. Unless we get an owner with cash on the hip. But anyone with money will go for bigger clubs. So itd have to be someone crazy. Which would mean a fan revolt. Which would mean more mediocrity 

Archived