Season Tickets 2021/22

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, GKing521 said:

Not really interested in buying one until they have gone. 

Im not surprised to see a lot of people have their heads turned because it’s £60 cheaper. 

I have been of the same mindset for a couple of years now and haven't renewed

6 of us were all season ticket holders for years and we're all at least talking about buying one again at the £200 offer. 

If the team get near the playoffs, with us not going to a game for over 12 months and unable to even to meet up for a beer due to Covid, am thinking at least 4 of the 6 will buy one

For me, the run up to the end of April is key

1 minute ago, tGWB said:

I have been of the same mindset for a couple of years now and haven't renewed

6 of us were all season ticket holders for years and we're all at least talking about buying one again at the £200 offer. 

If the team get near the playoffs, with us not going to a game for over 12 months and unable to even to meet up for a beer due to Covid, am thinking at least 4 of the 6 will buy one

For me, the run up to the end of April is key

Agreed. The off season will be just as important as the prices don't steeply jump, inviting prudence and squad assessment before diving in. lf we end strong (as lve repeatedly said we will 🛳) then l'll lump on early doors as a show of faith. No doubt about a week before McAleny leaves, WhamBaham signs for Bayern and Hilsner moves up a division 😂

14 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

Agreed. The off season will be just as important as the prices don't steeply jump, inviting prudence and squad assessment before diving in. lf we end strong (as lve repeatedly said we will 🛳) then l'll lump on early doors as a show of faith. No doubt about a week before McAleny leaves, WhamBaham signs for Bayern and Hilsner moves up a division 😂

Think Hilsner moving up at least a division is nailed on as he will go back to Coventry 😉

14 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

A significant improvement in Home form in the last 8 or so games 

6 hours ago, Emcee_Latic said:

If Coco and his mate open the North Stand i will buy a season ticket. If they don't we won't be going - six of us.

Genuine question, no offence intended

How does not being able to sit in a certain stand stop 6 of you from buying a season ticket ?

1 hour ago, tGWB said:

Genuine question, no offence intended

How does not being able to sit in a certain stand stop 6 of you from buying a season ticket ?

The usual answer is that an alternative seat made of plastic with the same unobstrctued view, reasonable leg room and average facilities is not available anywhere else in the ground.

Always seems a bit precious to me, but there ya go.

If your preference is for a side of pitch view then the main stand (apart from row A 😆) is pretty shit!! The North Stand has two decent food & drink bars and the view is much better.  A 3 sided stadium is pretty shit for atmosphere too and we’ve had one long enough!

Probably a protest decision more than anything else!

2 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

The usual answer is that an alternative seat made of plastic with the same unobstrctued view, reasonable leg room and average facilities is not available anywhere else in the ground.

Always seems a bit precious to me, but there ya go.

2 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

If your preference is for a side of pitch view then the main stand (apart from row A 😆) is pretty shit!! The North Stand has two decent food & drink bars and the view is much better.  A 3 sided stadium is pretty shit for atmosphere too and we’ve had one long enough!

Probably a protest decision more than anything else!

shortlist for my absence 

1. our seeming inability to consistently play half decent football

2. our Home record, really don't mind losing the odd game against other half decent teams 

3. the manner in which the Board and Owner 'manage' the club (some stuff is just wrong)

Being brutally honest, I know if 1 and 2 significantly improved, I would be going to games again

21 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

A cheap offer is a great thing but unless it is associated with goodwill and hope I can't see that it will generate great enthusiasm

Correct...whilst it is undoubtedly an excellent gesture and what we’ve been campaigning for on this board for some considerable time. In the present climate it will probably be met with a somewhat lukewarm response.

There have been no guarantees given that our better performers will be kept on and that we won’t be yet again scrambling around the bargain basement for cheap alternatives come July.

It’s pretty simple as far as I’m concerned.....If this offer had coincided with a favourable Club statement regarding our intentions going forward and a promise that the North Stand would definitely be open for the new season I’m sure it would have produced a fantastic response!

I will be renewing but it probably won’t get the response hoped for and will leave the club a lot worse off financially......it’s  a massively missed opportunity for me!!

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

A cheap offer is a great thing but unless it is associated with goodwill and hope I can't see that it will generate great enthusiasm

After covid l have the opposite view. Reck we will shift double what we did last season. Provided we can actually use it of course.

31 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Correct...whilst it is undoubtedly an excellent gesture and what we’ve been campaigning for on this board for some considerable time. In the present climate it will probably be met with a somewhat lukewarm response.

There have been no guarantees given that our better performers will be kept on and that we won’t be yet again scrambling around the bargain basement for cheap alternatives come July.

It’s pretty simple as far as I’m concerned.....If this offer had coincided with a favourable Club statement regarding our intentions going forward and a promise that the North Stand would definitely be open for the new season I’m sure it would have produced a fantastic response!

I will be renewing but it probably won’t get the response hoped for and will leave the club a lot worse off financially......it’s  a massively missed opportunity for me!!

How can AL promise to open up Blitz's stand? Blitz would be rubbing his hands if AL were to be so foolish.

Statement on players doesnt matter, just wait and see then buy one if you like whats going to be on show.

1 minute ago, Monty Burns said:

How can AL promise to open up Blitz's stand? Blitz would be rubbing his hands if AL were to be so foolish.

Statement on players doesnt matter, just wait and see then buy one if you like whats going to be on show.

WTF are you talking about? It’s already been confirmed by PW that the club will be making money on matchday corporate. AL is already paying the rent and has confirmed he has an agreement in place with Blitz to buy the stadium, the North Stand is part of it.....get it sorted and get the fu**** open!!

With regards to the players, of course it matters, after 7th May the price of ST’s reverts to £230 which is not much different to a normal season....

If previous seasons are anything to go by we’ll be fortunate to have about 6 players signed up by July!!!

4 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

WTF are you talking about? It’s already been confirmed by PW that the club will be making money on matchday corporate. AL is already paying the rent and has confirmed he has an agreement in place with Blitz to buy the stadium, the North Stand is part of it.....get it sorted and get the fu**** open!!

When myself and @Latics and Englandwent in to the club back in June, we were that the "agreement" they had was that Abdallah would pay off the debenture and then discuss a deal for the ground, but no deal had actually been agreed...

Archived