Season Tickets 2021/22

You’re right no deal has yet been agreed..... but from the ‘Oldham Times’ a while ago....

“The club has reached an in-principle agreement with Brassbank to purchase Boundary Park and the surrounding land.

“The club has also paid Brassbank a significant sum towards the final settlement 

“The application was heard at 14:00 today, and adjourned until 21 April 2020 at the request of both the club and Brassbank, allowing the parties further time to formalise the agreement and for the club to pay final sums to Brassbank.

“In terms of the North Stand, this agreement means that we can begin to sell season tickets for next year. We will update fans with the details as soon as possible.

“We will of course now also be working on completing the safety improvements mandated by the council safety advisory group and hope to re-open the stand as soon as these are satisfied.

“We know that this has been a very unsettling time for the fans and all associated with Oldham Athletic AFC.

“We believe this to be the right deal for the future of the Club and that it will, once complete, put us in a far stronger position to be able to deliver the experience, football and results we all desire.

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

“In terms of the North Stand, this agreement means that we can begin to sell season tickets for next year. We will update fans with the details as soon as possible.

“We will of course now also be working on completing the safety improvements mandated by the council safety advisory group and hope to re-open the stand as soon as these are satisfied.

But then they took NS tickets off sale again, didn't they...?

13 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

WTF are you talking about? It’s already been confirmed by PW that the club will be making money on matchday corporate. AL is already paying the rent and has confirmed he has an agreement in place with Blitz to buy the stadium, the North Stand is part of it.....get it sorted and get the fu**** open!!

With regards to the players, of course it matters, after 7th May the price of ST’s reverts to £230 which is not much different to a normal season....

If previous seasons are anything to go by we’ll be fortunate to have about 6 players signed up by July!!!

WHOOOAAAAHHHH fuckinell angryman just tryin to have a conversation wtf??? Maybe turn your computer off and try and get a shag or sumat?

You are chatting angry shit on all points here.

Season tickets are nowhere near £230 the day before the season starts, closer to double that amount than that 😂😂😂

The other stuff, you must be privvy to some real info that nobody else knows to come out with a situation like that.

Good luck emptying your balls.

6 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

You’re right no deal has yet been agreed..... but from the ‘Oldham Times’ a while ago....

“The club has reached an in-principle agreement with Brassbank to purchase Boundary Park and the surrounding land.

“The club has also paid Brassbank a significant sum towards the final settlement 

“The application was heard at 14:00 today, and adjourned until 21 April 2020 at the request of both the club and Brassbank, allowing the parties further time to formalise the agreement and for the club to pay final sums to Brassbank.

“We know that this has been a very unsettling time for the fans and all associated with Oldham Athletic AFC.

“We believe this to be the right deal for the future of the Club and that it will, once complete, put us in a far stronger position to be able to deliver the experience, football and results we all desire.

translation- 'Youre right, but here is an article that shows there was an IN PRINCIPLE deal in place a few years ago. l present this as proof and pretend all that happened afterwards didnt actually happen.'

Thanks for that 🙄

l'd be quite embarrassed if l dived in askin ppl wtf the were talking about then went on to spout a load of ancient half truths and made up bullshit.

Had a right good laugh here, thanks 👍🏻.

22 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

Season tickets are nowhere near £230 the day before the season starts, closer to double that amount than that 😂😂😂

£230 for next season after early bird, no?

Oh - you mean normally? Yeah normally much more than that. £350ish?

23 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

Yeah that's my point, can wait until the day before and pay £230. It's a really good deal and any other argument than a principled anti AL one is just ridiculous. IMO anyway, others obvs think different. 

10 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

Not angry at all, sorry if it came across that way.

AL rents the ground which includes the North Stand does it not? He may as well use it if he’s paying the rent!

As far as ST prices go in 18/19 if I remember right my ST cost me £250 at the end of May after the offer was extended.... I doubt £230 will still be the price come June/July.

As for the half truths and made up bull  shit as you so put it, they came from the club.

Glad you had a good laugh!😂

1 hour ago, nzlatic said:

Should who owns what make a difference to whether fans can sit in the JR stand seats next season?

I thought it closed because of safety issues.

The North Stand closure drives me nuts 

Only two likely possibilities:

1. A relatively modern stand has failed safety inspections undertaken by the local authorities, so serious that the stand was closed mid season and the costs to ‘make it safe’ are prohibitive to both the Landlord and/or Club 

or

2. The ‘North Stand safety issues’ are relatively minor and the issue is being used as a weapon between the warring parties of Brassbank & OEC v Club & Owner

With our supporters stuck in the middle 

1 hour ago, nzlatic said:

Should who owns what make a difference to whether fans can sit in the JR stand seats next season?

I thought it closed because of safety issues.

7 minutes ago, tGWB said:

The North Stand closure drives me nuts 

Only two likely possibilities:

1. A relatively modern stand has failed safety inspections undertaken by the local authorities, so serious that the stand was closed mid season and the costs to ‘make it safe’ are prohibitive to both the Landlord and/or Club 

or

2. The ‘North Stand safety issues’ are relatively minor and the issue is being used as a weapon between the warring parties of Brassbank & OEC v Club & Owner

With our supporters stuck in the middle 

Or 3. 

There are no issues in a stand already deemed safe and opened to the public. AL just doesn’t want to give Blitz a penny more than he legally has to. 

20 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Or 3. 

There are no issues in a stand already deemed safe and opened to the public. AL just doesn’t want to give Blitz a penny more than he legally has to. 

Yep.  Whichever one it is, it's tying Karl's hands behind his back.  He's put forward a really good season ticket proposal that should be commended.  And in normal circumstances should really generate a good response.  But without being able to confirm that they can sell seats in the newest stand in the ground I'd be surprised if it gets the response it should.

And I don't buy into the argument that AL, the OEC and Blitz should take equal blame.  If there are safety issues that need addressing then the blame should fall on who is responsible for them.  If it's contractual then it's AL and Blitz.

On a separate point, a few longer term contracts for the better players wouldn't go amiss if you want to encourage season ticket sales at this stage of the season.

6 hours ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

If you take into account the £40 refund at the end of the season, we are essentially looking at a ST for £120. Cannot be sniffed at at all...

That’s exactly how interpreted the announcement at first!

However, It does suggest that the £160 purchase by mid April for existing ST holders is not subject to any further refund so I guess the £40 refund has already been applied. 

Quote: With the exception of adult prices after the 28th May, the prices above are the full price payable for renewing your season ticket, and no further refunds are applicable.

45 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Or 3. 

thats 2 

31 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

On a separate point, a few longer term contracts for the better players wouldn't go amiss if you want to encourage season ticket sales at this stage of the season.

Christ. Who would you like to renew. Only the ones in bold definitely (ahem) here for next season:

33. Laurence Bilboe (2021 plus option)
30. Mackenzie Chapman (scholar)
1. Ian Lawlor (season loan from Doncaster Rovers)
13. Gary Woods (2021) - half-season loan to Aberdeen

20. Andrea Badan (2022)
3. Cameron Borthwick-Jackson (2021)
2. Harry Clarke (half-season loan from Arsenal)
15. Kyle Jameson (2021 plus option)
4. Sido Jombati (2021)
5. Carl Piergianni (2022)
32. Will Sutton (scholar)
22. Raphaël Diarra (2021)

24. Dylan Bahamboula (2021 plus option)
14. Dylan Fage (2021)
6. Ben Garrity (season loan from Blackpool)
11. Bobby Grant (season loan from Wrexham)
28. Ben Hough (scholar)
10. Davis Keillor-Dunn (2021)
25. Alfie McCalmont (season loan from Leeds)
16. Brice Ntambwe (2021 plus option)
8. Callum Whelan (2022)
21. Marcel Hilßner (half-season loan from Coventry)
34. Serhat Tasdemir (half-season loan from Peterboro)
23. Nicky Adams (2022)
43. Reece Gaskell (scholar)
59. Jack Williams (scholar)

7. George Blackwood (2022)
27. Vani Da Silva (scholar)
19. Zak Dearnley (2022)
29. Junior Luamba (scholar)
18. Conor McAleny (2021)
26. Marcus Barnes (2021)

31. David Wheater (2021)

34 minutes ago, tGWB said:

thats 2 

😂 I ’ll clarify. 

2 said minor issues - which implies genuine small reasons. 

3 I’m saying no issues/or things are being ‘found’ as a smokescreen. 

Funny how when the rent was up for renewal/negotiations safety concerns to started to get raised. .  🧐

59 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Yep.  Whichever one it is, it's tying Karl's hands behind his back.  He's put forward a really good season ticket proposal that should be commended.  And in normal circumstances should really generate a good response.  But without being able to confirm that they can sell seats in the newest stand in the ground I'd be surprised if it gets the response it should.

And I don't buy into the argument that AL, the OEC and Blitz should take equal blame.  If there are safety issues that need addressing then the blame should fall on who is responsible for them.  If it's contractual then it's AL and Blitz.

It’s a good point about the season ticket offer, and I said similar the other day. It’s a well meaning very good offer, but to me it’s misguided with the NS shut. Feels like they’re trying to get fans back on aboard with one hand tied behind their back. 

19 minutes ago, League one forever said:

😂 I ’ll clarify. 

2 said minor issues - which implies genuine small reasons. 

3 I’m saying no issues/or things are being ‘found’ as a smokescreen. 

Funny how when the rent was up for renewal/negotiations safety concerns to started to get raised. .  🧐

The local authority closed the North Stand so there is something 

Its either something substantial which I very much doubt or something ‘inexpensive’ to put right, which I have suspected from the beginning 

1 minute ago, tGWB said:

The local authority closed the North Stand so there is something 

Its either something substantial which I very much doubt or something ‘inexpensive’ to put right, which I have suspected from the beginning 

Fair enough. 

It’s still strange to me how a building can pass a safety inspection to open, then be deemed unsafe within a very short space of time. But I’m not in the building game, so maybe it does happen. 

I would imagine there are several hundred potential ST holders holding back until confirmation of a favourable solution to the North Stand debacle is found!

The ST initiative is purely to reward existing ticket holders and to aid cash flow and would be greatly enhanced by a satisfactory outcome!

50 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Fair enough. 

It’s still strange to me how a building can pass a safety inspection to open, then be deemed unsafe within a very short space of time. But I’m not in the building game, so maybe it does happen. 

It doesn’t really,

The Titanic got a safety certificate despite going to sea with a fire smouldering in the coal bunker but we aren’t in 1912 ..

thought chained up fire doors was the issue? Which isn’t hard to fix 

Anyway when is fat Baz kicking the doors in as he so eloquently promised us before gobbling his pie 

(watch me get black listed for my ST now)

16 hours ago, tGWB said:

Genuine question, no offence intended

How does not being able to sit in a certain stand stop 6 of you from buying a season ticket ?

Not offended. I can't see far enough if I am in the Rochdale Road End and I suffer from arthritis and if I don't have enough leg room it becomes very painful. I moved to the North Stand because it solves all my problems. It's all part of the joy of getting older.

12 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

How can AL promise to open up Blitz's stand? Blitz would be rubbing his hands if AL were to be so foolish.

Statement on players doesnt matter, just wait and see then buy one if you like whats going to be on show.

Al pays rent for the whole of the stadium. If he chooses not to open the North Stand it still costs him the same amount

16 hours ago, hollandspies said:

That’s exactly how interpreted the announcement at first!

However, It does suggest that the £160 purchase by mid April for existing ST holders is not subject to any further refund so I guess the £40 refund has already been applied. 

Quote: With the exception of adult prices after the 28th May, the prices above are the full price payable for renewing your season ticket, and no further refunds are applicable.

Yep, you're correct. A friend of mine has had it confirmed by Evans...

Archived