Season Tickets 2021/22

i didnt buy 3 tickets with the understanding i was getting ifollow complimentary that came after i purchased the tickets when the club realised fans wernt being allowed in then changed it from complimentary to £10 a match i didnt want ifollow but had no choice you do , ive been asking for a refund since oct but been told to hang on and in the meantime you get ifollow free, all i wanted was my money back not ifollow as a non season ticket holder you could choose which matches to pay for i didnt get that choice ,as i said before its my fault for buying 3 tickets i should have waited and chose my games as you do ,the family with 4 tickets was just an example of how unfair it is i hope ive made myself clearer

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Get it, it it is what is. U can't have one agreement for one and another for a family of four. Won't someone think of the family of four !

Personally I haven't bought a season ticket for 2 seasons and the one before that I gave away just after Xmas, I just think the club could perhaps try a little harder before they spunk another 4 season tickets. 

9 minutes ago, disjointed said:

Personally I haven't bought a season ticket for 2 seasons and the one before that I gave away just after Xmas, I just think the club could perhaps try a little harder before they spunk another 4 season tickets. 

Nah. We've got 3, not getting anythingback that anyone else isn't. Shit happens. You pays your money you takes your chance. Absolute minority there kicking up a stink. Balls to it. Maybe I should ask for a refund on the basis we were shitter than the top 10 squad our CEO said we had. Can I claim money back because the product isn't as promised?

1 hour ago, pk200 said:

finding it hard to follow the thread here but is he saying .....4 tickets but only getting a benefit  to watch ifollow on 1 'cos can't watch it 4 times in same household?

If this is the case , is not some recompense due?

But if the 4 household members turned up at Boundary Park (Covid notwithstanding) would they all be expected to be allowed in for the price of one, on the basis that they're all watching the same game?! Even if they're all watching it at home on iFollow there's still 4 of them watching it, so 4 x £10=£40! I do kind of get the point of the argument though, but I'd say it's a non-runner I'm afraid.

45 minutes ago, marmitejohn said:

i didnt buy 3 tickets with the understanding i was getting ifollow complimentary that came after i purchased the tickets when the club realised fans wernt being allowed in then changed it from complimentary to £10 a match i didnt want ifollow but had no choice you do , ive been asking for a refund since oct but been told to hang on and in the meantime you get ifollow free, all i wanted was my money back not ifollow as a non season ticket holder you could choose which matches to pay for i didnt get that choice ,as i said before its my fault for buying 3 tickets i should have waited and chose my games as you do ,the family with 4 tickets was just an example of how unfair it is i hope ive made myself clearer

Well im sure we are all sorry for the loss of your season ticket money and gettin ifollow for free. All because millions of people were inconsiderate enough to die before you could watch a game of football live 😒👍

11 hours ago, Chris15Arm said:

Well im sure we are all sorry for the loss of your season ticket money and gettin ifollow for free. All because millions of people were inconsiderate enough to die before you could watch a game of football live 😒👍

Wow. 

1 hour ago, disjointed said:

Wow. 

I apologise, I work and live around a lot of people who have died or have been affected by the pandemic so I get easily irritated by people who moan about the little things in life when the picture of the world is so much bigger. My life is working, the kids and watchin latics every chance I get. So I get people bein frustrated bout not watching live footy. But its a small price to pay. Especially when a large portion of fans in BP would be vulnerable due to age. It was a harsh comment by me but the base is still valid

On 4/3/2021 at 11:29 PM, mcfluff1985 said:

Why would they? They're already cheaper than most in that league 

These people have pitched up here with no capital to buy the stadium - no capital to improve the playing squad - with zero attendances, somehow, enough capital to keep us afloat supported by government capital. 
And now, somehow, enough capital to quite heavily discounted season tickets for their 4th season of ownership. We have witnessed mayhem with staff rotation with barely a whiff of improvement after the event in any area.  

With no signs of fan friendly interaction or a vision for the future - why are these people here?

I think MarmiteJohn has a point really. The ifollow stream was touted as "complimentary" by the club at the start of the season, but it isn't complimentary because it has cost ST holders £270 for the service. I'm not too fussed about it, but I can understand why people are...

1 hour ago, mikeroyboy said:

These people have pitched up here with no capital to buy the stadium - no capital to improve the playing squad - with zero attendances, somehow, enough capital to keep us afloat supported by government capital. 
And now, somehow, enough capital to quite heavily discounted season tickets for their 4th season of ownership. We have witnessed mayhem with staff rotation with barely a whiff of improvement after the event in any area.  

With no signs of fan friendly interaction or a vision for the future - why are these people here?

That's a question the vast majority of us are asking. It just doesn't make sense. He has apparently turned down offers of up to £1.8m. according to PTB, and is asking for nearly four times that to get back what he's put in and some on top.

2 hours ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

I think MarmiteJohn has a point really. The ifollow stream was touted as "complimentary" by the club at the start of the season, but it isn't complimentary because it has cost ST holders £270 for the service. I'm not too fussed about it, but I can understand why people are...

Just crap understanding of the word complimentary I suspect.  Club comms are not renowned for their literacy.

On 4/5/2021 at 3:03 PM, al_bro said:

That's a question the vast majority of us are asking. It just doesn't make sense. He has apparently turned down offers of up to £1.8m. according to PTB, and is asking for nearly four times that to get back what he's put in and some on top.

You have to question the sanity of someone actually willing to spend £1.8m on a badge and an EFL membership. My advice to AL would be to take the money and run because he’s certainly not going to get any more!!

19 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

You have to question the sanity of someone actually willing to spend £1.8m on a badge and an EFL membership. My advice to AL would be to take the money and run because he’s certainly not going to get any more!!

Imagine buying a house for 300k and while you’ve paid the bills, you’ve also let it rot. When it comes to selling, because of the state it’s in now it’s worth 200k. When the estate breaks the news that the best offer he’s had is 180k- you inform him you want 330k minimum.

300k for your initial outlay and another 30k for the bills you’ve paid whilst living there. . 

It’s so delusional. 

16 hours ago, League one forever said:

Imagine buying a house for 300k and while you’ve paid the bills, you’ve also let it rot. When it comes to selling, because of the state it’s in now it’s worth 200k. When the estate breaks the news that the best offer he’s had is 180k- you inform him you want 330k minimum.

300k for your initial outlay and another 30k for the bills you’ve paid whilst living there. . 

It’s so delusional. 

The longer he is in control the more it will cost him. Like buying and selling shares, sometimes you have to cut your losses and admit you were wrong with an investment. Selling at a loss is the hardest thing to do, because you think it may go up again, but it's necessary to save losing more.

AL should know by now that the fans want him out, so why hang on throwing money away. It just doesn't make any sense at all.

16 hours ago, League one forever said:

It’s so delusional. 

Who's the analogy about AL or Blitz? 

1 hour ago, al_bro said:

The longer he is in control the more it will cost him. Like buying and selling shares, sometimes you have to cut your losses and admit you were wrong with an investment. Selling at a loss is the hardest thing to do, because you think it may go up again, but it's necessary to save losing more.

AL should know by now that the fans want him out, so why hang on throwing money away. It just doesn't make any sense at all.

It hasn't made sense for a long while. Either he has very thick skin or someone has convinced him the Premiership is the bottom of the ladder whilst League Two is the top rung. Whatever, he appears is committing financial suicide and destroying the club at the same time.

1 hour ago, rudemedic said:

Looks as though fans may be required to demonstrate evidence of:

Vaccination

or

A Negative Test (presumably within 24 / 48 hours)

or 

The presence of antibodies against COVID-19

To be able to watch games in person next season. 

See https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56668965

I wonder how many fans will be nipping to see their GP for antibody test- just so they can watch Latics live. . 😂

On 4/7/2021 at 12:45 AM, League one forever said:

It’s so delusional. 

...it does work for both... but it’s actually very close to exactly what Blitz has done. 

12 hours ago, League one forever said:

I wonder how many fans will be nipping to see their GP for antibody test- just so they can watch Latics live. . 😂

Got used to watching games on ifollow. I wonder if the UK restrictions will be scrapped for good once the worst is over. Quite enjoyed watching away games rather than listening to them.

36 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Got used to watching games on ifollow. I wonder if the UK restrictions will be scrapped for good once the worst is over. Quite enjoyed watching away games rather than listening to them.

Thought the same myself BP, and I to would like the option especially for long away trips.  I think it will almost certainly be scrapped though. Clubs want their home fans back, can charge more for a live event and how do you know who is an away fan or home fan? It would have a massive impact on crowds IMO if it carried on post covid. 

2 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

AL never bought the house although he thought he'd done (did he hell!)

Thats why I said it works better for Blitz even though original post was aimed at AL.  I suppose the ‘house’ in that case refers to the team. 

Archived