MATCH: vs Forest Green Rovers (A) 16/02/21

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

With most players fit it should be the strongest possible team to face FGR, but does anyone know, including the manager, what that is?

We're not even sure which are the best five loanees we can field

I'd probably go with:

Lawlor

Adams

Clarke

Jombati

Badan

Bahamboula

McCalmont

Hilßner

DKD

Grant

McAleny

It's probably the best XI that we currently have.  I'm wary that they ripped us to shreds in the abandoned game so a bit more protection in midfield might be needed, but the two players who you'd probably have for that (Piergianni and Ntambwe) got torn apart last time against them.  Hilßner playing in the holding role should give us a lot more control of the ball than before.

Jombati is a bit more mobile than Pidge which is why I think he'll be better suited to this game, but I'd prefer Pidge in the centre for the majority of games at this level.

With us playing Saturday/Tuesday until April, squad rotation will happen, but after 2 and a half weeks without a game then I don't see why we can't begin with our best lineup.

4 hours ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

I'd probably go with:

Lawlor

Adams

Clarke

Jombati

Badan

Bahamboula

McCalmont

Hilßner

DKD

Grant

McAleny

It's probably the best XI that we currently have.  I'm wary that they ripped us to shreds in the abandoned game so a bit more protection in midfield might be needed, but the two players who you'd probably have for that (Piergianni and Ntambwe) got torn apart last time against them.  Hilßner playing in the holding role should give us a lot more control of the ball than before.

Jombati is a bit more mobile than Pidge which is why I think he'll be better suited to this game, but I'd prefer Pidge in the centre for the majority of games at this level.

With us playing Saturday/Tuesday until April, squad rotation will happen, but after 2 and a half weeks without a game then I don't see why we can't begin with our best lineup.

The squad rotation thing clearly will happen, either by design or due to injury.

Dont agree this is our best eleven, but plenty will slaughter my choices.

Jombati isnt a bad player, but can only play right back.

Pidge has to come back, to partner Clarke.

CBJ is our best left back, when fully focussed, a really good player. Not a slight on Badan, he hasnt done much wrong.

Midfield probably does pick itself as you suggest, but I fully expect Tasdemir will play (if fit).

Conor must start, the challenge is to play up to him, much relies on Dylan.

While Bobby Grant can be effective, if Zach is properly fit, he needs to play.

Really enjoying watching Marcel in the middle, proper player, needs to avoid silly bookings.

21 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

Both teams sold their best player in the window. Weather prevented smash n grabbin last time, l assume those will be the tactics again. Quite aprehensive about this one and a match l feel we will learn quite a bit from  

McAleny is still here...

Archived