MATCH: vs Forest Green Rovers (A) 16/02/21

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Gary1906 said:

I feel sorry for our attacking players. They are doing their job once again, but time and again they are let down by inadequate, not good enough, weak as shit defending!!

Absolute failure of management and recruitment not to try and deal with our huge and very apparent Achilles heel 

3 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Absolute failure of management and recruitment not to try and deal with our huge and very apparent Achilles heel 

We had more than one Achilles heel going into January it required at least 2 more signings than what we made to address the issues we had.

1 minute ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

I wonder if Wheater and Clarke would've made any difference tonight.......actually Bill and Ben with Weed in goal would've been an improvement.

I didn't watch the game and haven't seen one since Bournemouth but Yes it's obvious. The jettisoning of wheater must of cost us between 5-10 goals this season 

5 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

We had more than one Achilles heel going into January it required at least 2 more signings than what we made to address the issues we had.

I didn't watch the game and haven't seen one since Bournemouth but Yes it's obvious. The jettisoning of wheater must of cost us between 5-10 goals this season 

Agree but our biggest was the defence IMO and we did absolutely nothing to address it 

What a fucking disgrace. This team is a joke, we'll lose McAleny in the summer. You reap what you sow Abdallah when you banish the best defender. Results like tonight show why we as a club will never go anywhere. It's always one step forward 7 fucking back. Fuck off. 

How on earth did we lose that? Swings and roundabouts after the win v Salford, but that is so frustrating. Post twice, and numerous chances. Piergianni isn’t unlucky with that header on the post either, it’s an absolute sitter and on a plate for him. Terrible miss. 
absolute criminal we left Clarke at home and didn’t sign any defenders. We have more than enough attacking options and don’t need the lad from Peterborough. Money should have been spent elsewhere. 

Jombati to blame for one, Bahamboula for one and Lawlor for one. Obvious the problems are in defence and serhat do we do? Play the weakest CB we've got (he's not a CB at all, he's a RB) and leave Clarke out. Madness. Fantastic going forward tonight, but all for nothing.

Archived