MATCH: vs Forest Green Rovers (A) 16/02/21

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’d get rid of every one of our centre half’s  jombati shouldn’t wear the shirt again and capt fantastic comes back and we let four in. He just knocks the ball long to one of theirs every time or takes an age to pass to the left back.  Lawlor not good enough 

Superb performance tonight.Poor referee. Thought Lawlor could have done better with their second and disappointed  that two crosses led to two goals.Having said that I'm proud of the fight we gave them and had them on the ropes at times.Pity header hit the post which would have been justice had it hone in.

Lots of positives to take away as well as pride well intact.

Defence a shambles Harry, the Wheather situation is a farce and you know it.

Bamboula off for Tasdemir, who didn't look interested is a mystery.

Like Barnes though.

Poor use of the loanees Clarke should never be left out.

6 minutes ago, Flemboy said:

Superb performance tonight.Poor referee. Thought Lawlor could have done better with their second and disappointed  that two crosses led to two goals.Having said that I'm proud of the fight we gave them and had them on the ropes at times.Pity header hit the post which would have been justice had it hone in.

Lots of positives to take away as well as pride well intact.

Lots of positives, but they count for nothing. Piergianni’s header on the post is a terrible miss, not unlucky at all, it’s on a plate for him. Piergianni and Jombati at centre half would struggle in the national league. Criminal they are lg2 centre halfs. We’d be play offs easily with Wheater, Clarke and a half decent LB this season. Keeper is poor, but still not the worst i’ve ever seen. It’s a top of the league attacking outfit with a nonleague defence. No balance at all.

20 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Sadly the answer is very simple.

Some bad defenders individually, but as a team defensively we're even worse.

They are never together as a unit. Most coaches don't chop and change their back 4 every match.

442 with McAleny central definitely works, and I think could be the solution to the poor home form. FGR weren't actually that open, but Latics played some lovely football round the box to create space and chances.

What on earth do you do about that defence though. Have we got any youth players that are worth a go? Christ

2 minutes ago, GrahamHughes said:

Are both our keepers on loan?If not play the one who isn’t and get Clarke into the defence.If they both are then drop one from the squad altogether and have a youth keeper as sub.

The other keeper isn't on loan.

what about Sutton as CB ? he played ok at Bradford in the mickey mouse cup and couldnt do any worse !!!

So frustrated with that result tonight , as an ex non league keeper i thought you came for crosses in the 6 yard box and punched everything in your way when under your crossbar being hassled !. Lawlor is a good shot stopper but a big tart in the air and in this league thats fatal 

17 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Agree but our biggest was the defence IMO and we did absolutely nothing to address it 

Well if we were having to sell off Danny Rowe on the cheap just to fund the signings we made then It would suggest money is tight. I don't actually blame AL for this if it means gambling on a few signings in the hope of getting promotion putting the club at financial risk then I dont think its a risk he should take.

I do however fully hold him responsible for the Wheater situation though.

Slowly, slowly...tinker, tinker.

Kewell's attempts to be a master tactician combined with the complete lack of a cohesive defense will most probably see the team finish in 17th yet again, when a couple of competent League 2 defenders and a modicum of decent home form would have seen them possibly promotion or playoffs.

I don't want him to go, just fucking do the job properly.

1 minute ago, rossy52 said:

what about Sutton as CB ? he played ok at Bradford in the mickey mouse cup and couldnt do any worse !!!

So frustrated with that result tonight , as an ex non league keeper i thought you came for crosses in the 6 yard box and punched everything in your way when under your crossbar being hassled !. Lawlor is a good shot stopper but a big tart in the air and in this league thats fatal 

Said the same a while back about Sutton,he’s a big lad who’ll win the majority of headers.Can’t do any worse.

8 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

They are never together as a unit. Most coaches don't chop and change their back 4 every match.

You could chop that defence completely and do better - they are fucking awful

Michael Clegg, Lord Kangana, Guy Branson, Paul Edwards

All played in our defence and were vilified - everyone would walk into that shitshow

Jombati

Piergianni

are wank!! Why ask ourselves were Salford happy to let the ponytail go when he couldn’t even get into their team after promotion? Because he’s non league at fucking best 

4 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Well if we were having to sell off Danny Rowe on the cheap just to fund the signings we made then It would suggest money is tight. I don't actually blame AL for this if it means gambling on a few signings in the hope of getting promotion putting the club at financial risk then I dont think its a risk he should take.

I do however fully hold him responsible for the Wheater situation though.

if that window was AL gambling on promotion God help us 

Defence a shambles Harry, the Wheather situation is a farce and you know it.

Bamboula off for Tasdemir, who didn't look interested is a mystery.

Like Barnes though.

Poor use of the loanees Clarke should never be left out.

We’ve actually weakened tonight’s team with the signing & inclusion of the lad from Posh. Do we have competition for places or just frustrated & confused players? Jombatti wasn’t getting a game or even on the bench for months. Then he walks back in at CB. Pidge gets the chop, Adams comes in as captain and has an impact. Pidge returns as captain, but only coz we have too many loan players to include Clarke. Meanwhile, Kewell wants to sign more strikers...no point in strengthing defence because all L2 teams concede. Baffling!

Archived