MATCH: vs Tranmere Rovers (A) 20/02/21

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

They did a job on us last time, their experienced core of the team made the difference and they shut us out.

Play like we did on Tuesday and I think we can certainly do damage to them.  Although we'll probably do damage to ourselves in the process.

Tranmere played at Oxford on Tuesday in the EFL Trophy. With the exception of a certain Peter Clarke, they kept the rest of the back five from the previous league game. As well as Clarke, they also rested Spearing and Vaughan - the experienced core you refer to - bringing them on later in the second half.

Tranmere lost their latest home game to Stevenage and by all accounts were very poor.

Things we do do know about Saturday:

Keith Hill will have them better prepared for this game.

Tranmere have players that will cause our defence problems (but then again who doesn’t?)

Strikers Woolery and Vaughan are definitely a handful at this level.

They also have David Nugent on loan from Preston though not yet match fit.

Harry Kewell will rotate his squad.

Both teams will have a Clarke in defence.

We will concede.

We will score.

Bring it on...

6 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Hammered. 

Lol.

Even if we were pissing the league and you were rock bottom heading to the conference, this would always be a red flag game for me. Always a feisty affair, never been any love lost and most of the times it's a war of attrition and the best Tranmere/Oldham team always has to fight to beat the worst of them.

Naturally with the vermin from another part of Greater Manc in the same league as us, our ire's been largely directed towards them but in a normal season with fans the edge and the tension would be as present as it always used to be when we meet.

I couldn't call it but feel like our experienced heads managed a very dangerous attack of yours in the first game. Expecting a harder one this time.

21 minutes ago, planetarydeadlock said:

Lol.

Even if we were pissing the league and you were rock bottom heading to the conference, this would always be a red flag game for me. Always a feisty affair, never been any love lost and most of the times it's a war of attrition and the best Tranmere/Oldham team always has to fight to beat the worst of them.

Naturally with the vermin from another part of Greater Manc in the same league as us, our ire's been largely directed towards them but in a normal season with fans the edge and the tension would be as present as it always used to be when we meet.

I couldn't call it but feel like our experienced heads managed a very dangerous attack of yours in the first game. Expecting a harder one this time.

Same from my point of view regarding the fixture in general. 

Several factors come into Saturday. 

You have decent attackers- we have a non existent defence. 

You have Hill- we have Kewell. 

We need to score at least 3 goals to win a game . . you have a legend at the back. 

14 minutes ago, League one forever said:

We need to score at least 3 goals to win a game . . you have a legend at the back. 

Yep, it's a recipe for disaster 

17 hours ago, League one forever said:

The legend can't be any quicker..just one instruction, ask Bahamboula to run at him at every opportunity. 

4 hours ago, Clubfootkilkenny said:

These and Carlisle are by far the two best two teams in the league. Be interesting to see how far off we are for next season.  

We are a full squad off for next season, like starting all over again, this season will bear little relevance to next season. 

4 hours ago, Clubfootkilkenny said:

These and Carlisle are by far the two best two teams in the league. Be interesting to see how far off we are for next season.  

We might be able to do a Stevenage in the heavy rain that'll be sitting over that area at 3 o'clock 

Controversial? Here’s how I would start today:

Bilboe

Clarke, Piergianni, Jameson

Adams, Hilssner, McCalmont, Borthwick-Jackson

Bahamboula, Keillor-Dunn, McAleny

The two loanees to miss out would be Lawlor and Garrity. 

The bench: Chapman, Badan, Ntambwe, Tasdemir, Grant, Barnes, Dearnley

Going forward i would adopt a policy whereby each week I would rest the same two loanees for the Tuesday and the Saturday game - in effect give them a week off. 🤔

Archived