Jump to content

MATCH: vs Tranmere Rovers (A) 20/02/21


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some of the abuse Jombati's been getting on social media is vile.   He's not been playing well, but it's only football at the end of the day.   Hope he turns it round and proves hi

Another new username. Same old bollocks.

Maybe you're the racist. Only you thought it was, so that's just how your racist mind works?

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

 

Thought DKD did well and really put in a shift after dropping deep.

Strangely HK may have found players in this game who can and can't do the business with Jamieson now a shoe in at CB.

Don't know why Tasdemir started it was like playing with 10 men in the first half as he made no impact. 

 

 

Agree, Jamieson threw himself into a few challenges there.

Lawlors' dead ball kicks are dreadful.

Blackwood, we haven't missed him while he has been out injured he doesn't offer much.

As for Tasdemir he came here looking for game time and that is the first I have seen play, I can't say he is an improvement on what we already have.

As for Jambotti, he constantly looks a goal threat, but for the opposition.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, IanMarshall's Mullet said:

A win on Tuesday needed now to keep us well away from the bottom...........

Not worried about the teams at the bottom. That said, Barrow have lost four on the trot, so.........

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've seen Tasdemir before and he's got potential, but he's miles off the pace.  He shouldn't be starting at the moment, even when we are rotating forwards.

 

Jameson had a couple of ropey matches early in the season particularly against Salford and Scunthorpe, but he'll do better with a run of matches in his favoured position than Jombati being played out of position.  Hope he takes his chance whilst Jombati's suspended.

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Careca9 said:

 

 Barnes, Blackwood were poor 

 

24 minutes ago, hillside blue said:

 

Blackwood, we haven't missed him while he has been out injured he doesn't offer much.

 

 

A tad harsh on both don’t you think?

 

Blackwood came on in the 63rd minute when we were down to ten men. He’s been out for a couple of months with an injury as well. He put himself about but it was a tough ask.

 

Barnes came on in the 76th minute and was asked to be the loan man up front and to track back.

 

Both did well in the circumstances I reckon.

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

You get exactly the same every match....everything that is good and everything that is bad.
I’ll wager during the course of this season we have scored our best and conceded our worst goals than in any previous season!!

A highlights programme of our goals would be as good as anything the Premiership could offer....it’s so frustrating that we are so poor at the other end!!!

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

 

 

A tad harsh on both don’t you think?

 

Blackwood came on in the 63rd minute when we were down to ten men. He’s been out for a couple of months with an injury as well. He put himself about but it was a tough ask.

 

Barnes came on in the 76th minute and was asked to be the loan man up front and to track back.

 

Both did well in the circumstances I reckon.

 

 

 


Maybe but previous performances prob part of it. blackwood twice had the ball in the Chanels on the break and neither resulted in a shot at goal. Once he got booked for diving the second he gave it away.  He may have come on but that sort of play is poor. He’s short at mo for me of min level for league 2.

 

Barnes failed to get in game at all, offered nothing like tasmeder. Barely got on ball and considering we needed an outlet I thought he was poor. Not jombati poor but u have to do more than that 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, welshgaz said:

I'd actually give Barnes more game time. He's shown up well in his brief cameos for me. 

I'd start him Tuesday, he'll be able to gain some confidence against the barra boys

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SweeperKeeper said:

I've seen Tasdemir before and he's got potential, but he's miles off the pace.  He shouldn't be starting at the moment, even when we are rotating forwards.

 

Jameson had a couple of ropey matches early in the season particularly against Salford and Scunthorpe, but he'll do better with a run of matches in his favoured position than Jombati being played out of position.  Hope he takes his chance whilst Jombati's suspended.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

It has to be said that, after his abject performance at FGR, Lawlor stepped up yesterday and put in an excellent display. 

 

However the irony of us having a perfectly good keeper out on a season’s loan at Aberdeen whilst bringing in his replacement on a similar loan deal should not be overlooked. 😮

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

It has to be said that, after his abject performance at FGR, Lawlor stepped up yesterday and put in an excellent display. 

 

However the irony of us having a perfectly good keeper out on a season’s loan at Aberdeen whilst bringing in his replacement on a similar loan deal should not be overlooked. 😮

He did do that thing where he dives in legs first again after he parried Vaughans volley. Very surprised when their chap didnt go down.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Monty Burns said:

Did Whelan have any impact when he came on at 2-1 down?

Good question.

 

As you say he did come on in the 76th minute when we were 2-1 down. He replaced Badan on the left and in the time he was on the pitch we scored the equaliser.

 

So yes I reckon it was down to him being on the pitch that we got a point.

😳

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Good question.

 

As you say he did come on in the 76th minute when we were 2-1 down. He replaced Badan on the left and in the time he was on the pitch we scored the equaliser.

 

So yes I reckon it was down to him being on the pitch that we got a point.

😳

 

 

I like that logic.

 

Live long and prosper.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Matt unfeatured this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...