MATCH: vs Tranmere Rovers (A) 20/02/21

7 minutes ago, Roberts View said:

To those who are not racist in using the term I apologise . To those who say it is affectionate and  use the “ some of my best friends are black therefore I am not racist “ method of diversion I do not. To muddy the waters further, inadvertent casual racism is racist even if the perpetrator is not consciously racist .  As Matt said “it is a pile on and disgraceful” and it is inconceivable that there were no members of this board  chanting Disjointed’s  example chant.

I have made my point and people can accept or reject it. That is the nature of debates 

Calling someone a racist isn’t a debate. It’s an accusation. 

However, fair enough... You call people on here a racist. I call you a divisive fool. You can either accept it or reject it, that is the nature of debates.

There... we’re done.

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, JoeP said:

Kudos on tagging players not being your style and knowing which posts to skim over and you're right - messageboards and social media are places where you can call people crap (for those that are turned on by that sort of thing..).  But I think Saturday was out of order.  Just because Jombati "isn't the first nor will he be the last to get called out", doesn't make it OK..

I saw the racist tweet you're referring to, I've also seen him referred to as "a prick" on Twitter and "a fucking twat" on this very thread. Throw on top of that the hundreds of tweets digging him out and I can imagine it might get to him.  The guy's probably down, we all want him do do well (I assume), so why do it?  At a time when mental health is getting big coverage, it surprises me how many people still think it's acceptable.  I also very much doubt they'd say it to his face.

It's not like being at a game - something shouted at a game is generally lost in the moment.  Social media is a seemingly infinite record.

Everyone's a bit down particularly at the moment because of lockdown.  Why not just leave it?

I agree - saying he played crap is different to calling him a prick or whatever. I’d seen more of the former and less of the latter which was my point. But as I say, I tend to ignore certain posters on the different sites so that is possibly why. 

5 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Do you think the newbie will have a view on Rowe?

He went to strange lengths to try and show he wasn't wrong about Rowe, he's gone even weirder to try and dig himself out of the Jombatti racism hole he's dug himself into. He needs to put that spade away (if that's what he calls it).

34 minutes ago, Roberts View said:

To those who are not racist in using the term I apologise . To those who say it is affectionate and  use the “ some of my best friends are black therefore I am not racist “ method of diversion I do not. To muddy the waters further, inadvertent casual racism is racist even if the perpetrator is not consciously racist .  As Matt said “it is a pile on and disgraceful” and it is inconceivable that there were no members of this board  chanting Disjointed’s  example chant.

I have made my point and people can accept or reject it. That is the nature of debates 

I don't know what my example chant is supposed to be, but I'm done on this debate. 

17 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

He went to strange lengths to try and show he wasn't wrong about Rowe, he's gone even weirder to try and dig himself out of the Jombatti racism hole he's dug himself into. He needs to put that spade away (if that's what he calls it).

I prefer to call a spade a digging implement. Saves confusion 

2 hours ago, archiecat said:

I enjoyed the game, i hope tomorrow will see us improve further and it was nice to see Bahamboula score a cracking goal as he has been a bit rubbish recently. 

Totally agree.  We are team with flaws but we have brought in some attacking talent and are developing others into decent players and we are bloody entertaining, something we have not been for many years.  At a time of COVID, it's nice to have something to look forward to twice a week.

13 hours ago, Matt said:

I don't know how that works @mcfluff1985 , nor do I care. What I do care about is where this thread is sliding towards.

Your premise was shaky@Roberts View, it's possibly derogatory at a stretch. I don't know whether he likes it or not, maybe he does - I can understand why sometimes people just let their nicknames ride because it's probably better than the alternatives. Personally, I wouldn't call it him that because I think it's daft.

Anyway,whatever it is, it's not racist.

Back to the football. Cheers.

Edit: I was called Taff for fucking decades, some of my oldest acquaintances still call me that. It never bothered me when I was younger, now it makes my toes curl.

I just thought I'd join in with Magister/BCD/Sheepfoots ridiculous, moronic kind of train of thought 

Archived