MATCH: vs Barrow (H) 23/02/21

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It’s like us to not turn up and get rolled over. 4-2 at their place wasn’t it so would imagine they will score.

Again defence will be key, if we make it tough for them u have to fancy us to win as we should score. Gift a couple of goals and it will be a struggle 

Last time against them, I thought we were our usual terrible at the back and great going forward.  But I thought we probably should've won by a greater margin as they left a lot of gaps at the back.  Clearly they've got players like Quigley who can do damage but I'm confident that we've got more of an attacking threat than they have.

Their new man in charge Rob Kelly was caretaker earlier in the season and did OK I believe.  Although I'm not sure how they'll approach tomorrow.  The default approach of a team fighting relegation with a new manager would be to tighten up at the back to start with, and gradually improve going forward once this is fixed.  But trying that against us isn't particularly smart and I wouldn't be surprised if they take a few risks.

My concern with us is that I feel we'll have to make some changes with the games coming up and I wouldn't be surprised if Kewell sees this game as being one that he can make changes, which would be a risk.  There are changes like Jameson coming in that are needed but I hope Kewell doesn't destabilise the team too much if he does tinker.

13 hours ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Last time against them, I thought we were our usual terrible at the back and great going forward.  But I thought we probably should've won by a greater margin as they left a lot of gaps at the back.  Clearly they've got players like Quigley who can do damage but I'm confident that we've got more of an attacking threat than they have.

Their new man in charge Rob Kelly was caretaker earlier in the season and did OK I believe.  Although I'm not sure how they'll approach tomorrow.  The default approach of a team fighting relegation with a new manager would be to tighten up at the back to start with, and gradually improve going forward once this is fixed.  But trying that against us isn't particularly smart and I wouldn't be surprised if they take a few risks.

My concern with us is that I feel we'll have to make some changes with the games coming up and I wouldn't be surprised if Kewell sees this game as being one that he can make changes, which would be a risk.  There are changes like Jameson coming in that are needed but I hope Kewell doesn't destabilise the team too much if he does tinker.

Kewell has said he will rotate constantly and the players need to be ready when called upon. There will be changes every week that’s just how he does it 

This is my team based on these assumptions:

•Pidge is match fit

•Grant has 60 minutes in him as he played alright against FG

•I would drop Lawlor but nothing on the bench

McCaleny         Grant 

mcCalmont    DKD     Hilsner     Bahamboula

Badan         Pidge        Clarke     Adams(c)

Lawlor

Substitutes:

Barnes

Blackwood

tasmdemir

Whelan

Ntambwe

Jameson

Bilboe

30 minutes ago, Oldham_till_i_die said:

This is my team based on these assumptions:

•Pidge is match fit

•Grant has 60 minutes in him as he played alright against FG

•I would drop Lawlor but nothing on the bench

McCaleny         Grant 

mcCalmont    DKD     Hilsner     Bahamboula

Badan         Pidge        Clarke     Adams(c)

Lawlor

Substitutes:

Barnes

Blackwood

tasmdemir

Whelan

Ntambwe

Jameson

Bilboe

Switch Macca and DKD and you won't be far wrong.

Personally, l'd pick Jameson over Pidge. Where is CBJ? Random reappearance from him jus cos that's what HK does!!

Archived