MATCH: vs Carlisle United (A) 27/02/21

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was listening to the BBC Cumbria commentators before the game. When they described our defence, they couldn't believe Adams was right back and that Toure would more or less skin him. They thought CBJ would struggle after coming back from injury. Clarke they seemed to dismiss because he is a 19 year old lloanee from Arsenal, and Diarra is only 5' 8" from the French 3rd. division. They thought that their big forwards would make mincemeat of us, and I was beginning to think the same way. After being one down at half time I really didn't give us much hope of getting anything out of the game, but yet again I was proved wrong.

21 minutes ago, al_bro said:

I was listening to the BBC Cumbria commentators before the game. When they described our defence, they couldn't believe Adams was right back and that Toure would more or less skin him. They thought CBJ would struggle after coming back from injury. Clarke they seemed to dismiss because he is a 19 year old lloanee from Arsenal, and Diarra is only 5' 8" from the French 3rd. division. They thought that their big forwards would make mincemeat of us, and I was beginning to think the same way. After being one down at half time I really didn't give us much hope of getting anything out of the game, but yet again I was proved wrong.

I was listening to him during the game and it was the usual Chris Lumsden drivel about us being a soft touch and they should be easily beating sides like Oldham.

Loved it when we steamrollered em, he did get one thing correct, mind.

He said Bam was far too good to be playing at this level, top league one minimum was his view.

I was loving every second of his climb down 🤣 

53 minutes ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

I was listening to him during the game and it was the usual Chris Lumsden drivel about us being a soft touch and they should be easily beating sides like Oldham.

Loved it when we steamrollered em, he did get one thing correct, mind.

He said Bam was far too good to be playing at this level, top league one minimum was his view.

I was loving every second of his climb down 🤣 

Fans from small clubs who claim superiority over other small clubs always make me laugh. 

53 minutes ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

I'd say we've always been seen as a bigger club than Carlisle but it matters not.

Probably. It’s more the divine right attitude. A lot do it on here when we lose to someone like Forest Green, who happen to be a lot higher in the league. 

‘We shouldn’t be losing to fucking forest green’ 

9 hours ago, League one forever said:

Probably. It’s more the divine right attitude. A lot do it on here when we lose to someone like Forest Green, who happen to be a lot higher in the league. 

‘We shouldn’t be losing to fucking forest green’ 

Or Morecambe, or Harrogate and certainly not Barrow FFS!!!

• Matt unfeatured this topic

Bahamboula showed why he should never be taken off. He was a waste of a shirt on Saturday (baffled he got in Team of the Week) for most of the game, but still came up with a moment of magic to win it for us. Piergianni was clearly the one who made a difference up against their physical style of play. Carlisle showed no plan B in the second half- Piergianni was swallowing up every long ball and not once did they try and play down the side of him...

13 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

Bahamboula showed why he should never be taken off. He was a waste of a shirt on Saturday (baffled he got in Team of the Week) 

Because TOTW is meaningless clickbait given that nobody can possibly be in a position to judge it

4 hours ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

Piergianni was clearly the one who made a difference up against their physical style of play. Carlisle showed no plan B in the second half- Piergianni was swallowing up every long ball and not once did they try and play down the side of him...

True. They persisted in the same tactic that had promised to pay them dividends first half, as none of our other defenders can really head a ball properly and most defensive headers turned into flick-ons or knock backs for their forwards. Then Pidge came on and lapped them all up.

5 hours ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

Bahamboula showed why he should never be taken off. He was a waste of a shirt on Saturday (baffled he got in Team of the Week) for most of the game, but still came up with a moment of magic to win it for us. Piergianni was clearly the one who made a difference up against their physical style of play. Carlisle showed no plan B in the second half- Piergianni was swallowing up every long ball and not once did they try and play down the side of him...

As said previous, it's his unpredictability that has em every time, the guy has it all

Archived