MATCH: vs Carlisle United (A) 27/02/21

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Matt said:

I believe that no-one should spend that amount of time using burner/old email accounts to continually try to gain access to something. Especially when that sole reason is just being a bit of mildy inconvenient background noise. I'm sure there's a German word for it, I'm sure I've said that before. I guess there's probably a word for that too.

Begins with C and ends in T - not sure it's German though

On 2/25/2021 at 9:44 AM, RobinsDuckEgg said:

The way Harry set us up Tuesday I’m not sure Pidge would have done any better. He would have equally been run as ragged by James. But with Pidge in the side we usually sit deeper, which would have been better all round as there’d have been be more space in the centre of the park for our creative players.

with pidge in the team the ball spends more time out of play for opposition goal kicks and throw ins than MO spends flat cap shopping.

Also spends more time in our net than when he isn't in the team. He's shite. Proper, Proper Shite. and his ten men walk is embrrassing.

18 hours ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Yeah that's possible.  I'd generally prefer a left-footed centre back to fill in instead of a right-footed full back, but Fage at least has pace which could help against quick wingers.

left footed Fage isn't he?

pls nobody say yeah hes got two of them 🙄

37 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

with pidge in the team the ball spends more time out of play for opposition goal kicks and throw ins than MO spends flat cap shopping.

Also spends more time in our net than when he isn't in the team. He's shite. Proper, Proper Shite. and his ten men walk is embrrassing.

You mean he won't let anyone retrieve it?

3 minutes ago, RobinsDuckEgg said:

You mean he won't let anyone retrieve it?

😂😂😂

No he just kicks it back there every chance he gets then ten man walks out of position so they can score then  silently ten man walks back into position ready to boot it far as he can from the restart. Must have a bet on ball in play stats or sumat.

1 minute ago, Monty Burns said:

😂😂😂

No he just kicks it back there every chance he gets then ten man walks out of position so they can score then  silently ten man walks back into position ready to boot it far as he can from the restart. Must have a bet on ball in play stats or sumat.

😂😂😂

1 hour ago, Monty Burns said:

left footed Fage isn't he?

pls nobody say yeah hes got two of them 🙄

I mean you could argue that he's neither-footed, but anyway...

After seeing him play at left back away at Plymouth last season and looking very uncomfortable with his left foot, I'd say he'd only be in that position for his pace.  He's not much better on the right side but is definitely naturally right-footed.

1 hour ago, Monty Burns said:

A good clue as to his football prowess was the fact that an ambitious promotion chasing club like Salford in the same division deemed him surplus to requirements. 
He’s definitely not a ‘Kewell’ type!!

On 2/25/2021 at 11:01 PM, bigfatjoe1 said:

Jombati? Well he's been crap in every position. Why play him as a RB? He's total shit. Has he had a good game? At all? Ever for us? I actually can't believe how bad he is. 

Tasdemir is utterly unfit. I actually resent playing someone who gives us nothing until at the end of his stay when he reaches a bit of fitness, perhaps, maybe - why are we doing this? Compo for previous tensions? I believe/heard he's a talented lad, but he's so far off the pace he really needs to be used as a sub at most. Drop Bambam in favour of an unfit player from another club who's done fa? No. Bambam should be played to increase his own physical fitness levels (and he's been brilliant - why use him as a sub?). Tasdemir's inclusion stinks. We didn't need another player in this position. We needed quality at the back and in CM. We also needed a decent replacement for Rowe. We got none of that. Why? Hm? I wonder. 

Kewell thinks about attacking shape. That's a big problem. He thinks he's clever, but he isn't when it comes to defence. You've got to get the defensive shape right as well as the attacking flow. That might not be entirely his fault, thinking about Wheater and recruitment, but who knows.

Still, back to the point. Jombati is total crap. Who on earth thinks he was a good signing...He should never play for us again. That little kid who looked like a ball boy showed more in his cameo.

I only got half way through reading this post, but you didn't read mine properly. I'd bench Bahamboula to allow Adams to play on his natural positon. 

Jombati is a right back and played well at Cambridge away. One game granted. 

Matchday.

I have just watched HK’s prematch interview. He really is a very personable character and I like the way he speaks about his team.

It was also interesting that he mentioned four players (Borthwick-Jackson, Piergianni, Blackwood, Grant) as being ‘back’. For those of us who love to try and predict the starting eleven - and always fail miserably- it could be that we see something like:

Lawlor

Adams, Jameson, Piergianni, Borthwick-Jackson

Bahamboula, Hilssner, Diarra, Keillor-Dunn, 

Grant, McAleny

Bilboe, Clarke, Blackwood, Ntambwe, Whelan, McCalmont, Vaughan

I already know that I have once again failed to get close with my starting eleven 🙄

We've spent many games this season winning when we expect to lose and losing when we expect to win.

I do fear that now we are about to down tools and the season is in danger of petering out completely. We aren't going up that's obvious we throw too many in our own net for that to happen. We shouldn't go down not from here. So some players might start losing interest and putting low energy half hearted performances in between now and the end of the season.

If this does happen I expect the fans will do what they always do and just blame The manager/Head Coach but the fact is this squad is what it is and that's a bottom half league 2 side. No manager/head coach will change that.

20 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

We've spent many games this season winning when we expect to lose and losing when we expect to win.

I do fear that now we are about to down tools and the season is in danger of petering out completely. We aren't going up that's obvious we throw too many in our own net for that to happen. We shouldn't go down not from here. So some players might start losing interest and putting low energy half hearted performances in between now and the end of the season.

If this does happen I expect the fans will do what they always do and just blame The manager/Head Coach but the fact is this squad is what it is and that's a bottom half league 2 side. No manager/head coach will change that.

There are plenty of managers who would improve our league position with this squad. One with a more slightly defensive mindset that could get us doing the basics properly such as having shape, continuity and everyone putting a shift in. 

49 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

I do fear that now we are about to down tools and the season is in danger of petering out completely. We aren't going up that's obvious we throw too many in our own net for that to happen. We shouldn't go down not from here. So some players might start losing interest and putting low energy half hearted performances 

The mood is clearly darkening.

Increasingly the chat is about the unresolved financial issues, ridiculous situation with the north stand and how few players may be here in the summer.

An unlikely strong showing today, ahead of the Bolton game might arrest the gloom, just for a short while?

Tend to agree that avoiding relegation shouldnt be prime objective, but the table doesn't look great.

Bilboe

Diarra   Pierrgianni  Jameson

Adams                                           CBJ

Ntwambe

Hilsner

Bahamboula                        DKD

McAleny

Thats how i would line up. Ntwambe to do nothing apart from break up play which he does well and stop counters. And to sit their whilst adams cbj and the front 4 bomb forward. I think diarra pierrgianni and jameson is our most aggressive option at the back. None of them afraid to tackle, win a header and all dive in front of everythin. People have their views on each of them. But i would much rather have desire over quality of clarke who loses quality when he thinks he's better than most or jombati who could hav a little quality but is as thick as 2 planks of wood making him look worse than a Sunday league player. Never been a massive fan of lawler apart from his pen saves. So I'd give bilboe a run of games

On 2/25/2021 at 9:44 AM, RobinsDuckEgg said:

All the back 4 are not good enough individually or as a unit. Everyone clammers for Jameson, or Diarra due to jombati being so shit. In reality they are no better, 1 a typical French lad the other a flyde reject. 

59 minutes ago, Chris15Arm said:

Bilboe

Ntwambe

Hilsner

McAleny

Thats how i would line up. Ntwambe to do nothing apart from break up play which he does well and stop counters. And to sit their whilst adams cbj and the front 4 bomb forward. I think diarra pierrgianni and jameson is our most aggressive option at the back. None of them afraid to tackle, win a header and all dive in front of everythin. People have their views on each of them. But i would much rather have desire over quality of clarke who loses quality when he thinks he's better than most or jombati who could hav a little quality but is as thick as 2 planks of wood making him look worse than a Sunday league player. Never been a massive fan of lawler apart from his pen saves. So I'd give bilboe a run of games

Is that 3-2-1-1-2-1?

1 hour ago, Chris15Arm said:

Bilboe

Ntwambe

Hilsner

McAleny

Ntwambe on compassionate leave according to the website 

3 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

Any player downing tools would be a red flag to any watching clubs.

Far better for them to play all out if they want  another club.

3 hours ago, welshgaz said:

There are plenty of managers who would improve our league position with this squad. One with a more slightly defensive mindset that could get us doing the basics properly such as having shape, continuity and everyone putting a shift in. 

We keep telling ourselves this narrative. The new manager/head Coach will come in he will get himself a few results and we will say Bingo! It was the last manger he was the problem.

Then a few months pass and before you know it results start to faulter and we are back where we started. 

17 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Any player downing tools would be a red flag to any watching clubs.

Far better for them to play all out if they want  another club.

Very true but I'm sure you know as much as anyone that when the season starts to come to an end and teams are safe from relegation but too far away to make a promotion charge the players take their foot of the gas.

This could be magnified this year without a crowd in a stadium to lift the intensity of the players.

Archived